Shut It Down!

I think they should shut it down and not one of these, half-assed shut downs; cease all expenditures so military doesn't get paid, TSA shuts down the airports or people can fly carrying bazookas...no air traffic control, no border security.

I would love to see the GOP pull it off, get blamed for it, and the 70 crack heads here who defend them no-matter-what come back and defend them.

How is our economy going to be destroyed if Obamacare isn't funded ?

I was talking about shutting down the federal government; if it wasn't Obamacare, it would be something else. If the government jobs were not part of this economy (shutting down the government would erase those jobs) the economy would be destroyed.

Adolf Obama already has shut the government down and the economy is on 85 BILLION a month life support.

Watch what you ask for

-Geaux

The author of this thread opposes 'one party government'?

I'm guessing that's a lie.

I'm guessing that's a lie because I'm guessing she wasn't pushing support for Democrats being elected from 2001 to 2007,

when the GOP had the presidency, the House, and the Senate.

The OP is a worthless political hack.

So....this is your response to my regularly rubbing your face in it?

Actually, I thought it was an improvement.

I was talking about shutting down the federal government; if it wasn't Obamacare, it would be something else. If the government jobs were not part of this economy (shutting down the government would erase those jobs) the economy would be destroyed.

Adolf Obama already has shut the government down and the economy is on 85 BILLION a month life support.

Watch what you ask for

-Geaux

That was a stupid post.

Didnt you say the same thing about the sequester? How'd that work out?

No. I didn't say that. However, where the sequester did hurt the citizenry directly, you saw both parties get together and fund those specific services.

I don't want that to happen again, total destruction at the behest of the GOP...thats the ticket.

Last edited:
At least someone is growing some stones in Washington. For too long pols like Boehner etc have been of the "make a deal" mindset where everything is negotiable. While some of that is necessary in a republic like this, sometimes core principles are at stake.
Obamacare is the worst program passed by the worst COngress and signed by the worst president in history. Even Obama admits parts are unworkable. And if Obama can singlehandedly delay implementation, which is a violation of his oath of office btw, then Congress can exercise their power and not fund the damn thing.
You should add John McLame to the list of the gladhanders in gubmint.

The author of this thread opposes 'one party government'?

I'm guessing that's a lie.

I'm guessing that's a lie because I'm guessing she wasn't pushing support for Democrats being elected from 2001 to 2007,

when the GOP had the presidency, the House, and the Senate.

The OP is a worthless political hack.

So....this is your response to my regularly rubbing your face in it?

Actually, I thought it was an improvement.

You prove your "worth" with every post. :lol:

No. I didn't say that. However, where the sequester did hurt the citizenry directly, you saw both parties get together and fund those specific services.

I don't want that to happen again, total destruction at the behest of the GOP...thats the ticket.

the public was only hurt because obama planned it that way. the sequester was tiny compared to the annual budget. obozo took the cuts where the public would feel them. he did that because his view of government is more and more spending, paid for by more and more taxes.

the public was only hurt because obama planned it that way. the sequester was tiny compared to the annual budget. obozo took the cuts where the public would feel them. he did that because his view of government is more and more spending, paid for by more and more taxes.

...based on the Left-wing mantra of 'redistribution of wealth.'

Yes there was no reason for those specific cuts, other than to hurt the citizens. Then Obama pretended he had no control over it. He is a liar of unmatched proportions. OK, maybe Candycorn comes close.

Under FDR the nation had one-man government, euphemistically called the 'Imperial Presidency.'

We lost the Constitution.

We are about to see whether or not this nation becomes a one-party government....essentially a totalitarian monarchy.

It could be argued that we're already there, Republicans and Democrats two hands of the same monarch with a royal court complete with giant corporations, special interest groups, political class sycophants and legions of faceless bureaucrats. The only difference between what we have now and the European Monarchies is that we get the illusion of choice when it comes to which hand gets to slap us around and we get to desperately cling to whatever liberty hasn't yet become too inconvenient for our betters to suppress.

The government worshipers of course will strenuously object, since they've been so imbued with the doctrine of statist apologists that any deviation from the mode of ever growing and centralized power seems "radical" to them. They seem to be either unwilling or incapable of thinking this progression through to it's logical conclusion, even though history is replete with examples of what the end game looks like.

Just look at what's going on today, the citizenry is at war with itself over which hand of the monarch gives the less painful beatings and all the while the increasingly enriched ruling class is laughing their heads off at how effective their game plan is working out. We are very well advanced on our journey down the road to serfdom, welcome aboard and enjoy the view.

"Many now believe that with the rise of the totalitarian State the world has entered upon a new era of barbarism. It has not. The totalitarian State is only the State; the kind of thing it does is only what the State has always done with unfailing regularity, if it had the power to do it, wherever and whenever its own aggrandizement made that kind of thing expedient. Give any State like power hereafter, and put it in like circumstances, and it will do precisely the same kind of thing. The State will unfailingly aggrandize itself, if only it has the power, first at the expense of its own citizens, and then at the expense of anyone else in sight. It has always done so, and always will." -- Albert Jay Nock, The Criminality of the State

"...Republicans and Democrats two hands of the same monarch..."

Look carefully at the OP.

In it, you will see that there is the Democrat Party, and the Democrat-lite Republicans and the Republicans.

And that is the essence of the post.

the public was only hurt because obama planned it that way.
Unlikely

the sequester was tiny compared to the annual budget. obozo took the cuts where the public would feel them. he did that because his view of government is more and more spending, paid for by more and more taxes.

332-206
Apparently We the People agree with him, and we'll return 80%+ of the Senators and 90%+ of the House members to their jobs in 2014.

Yet you'll only blame one guy as long as he's Obama....right?

Unlikely

the sequester was tiny compared to the annual budget. obozo took the cuts where the public would feel them. he did that because his view of government is more and more spending, paid for by more and more taxes.

332-206
Apparently We the People agree with him, and we'll return 80%+ of the Senators and 90%+ of the House members to their jobs in 2014.

Your first comment in nonsensical.
Your second comment is untrue.

Under FDR the nation had one-man government, euphemistically called the 'Imperial Presidency.'

We are about to see whether or not this nation becomes a one-party government....essentially a totalitarian monarchy.

1."Rubio: ‘I don’t think you can say you are against Obamacare if you vote for a budget that funds it’

2. WASHINGTON — Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and other conservative lawmakers sent a clear message to their fellow Republicans on Thursday: get on board with their strategy for defunding Obamacare or lose your conservative credibility.

3. ....I think it’s outrageous that the president and his allies are threatening to shutdown the American government if it doesn’t fund the Obamacare law.”

4. Rubio made the comments alongside other senators — including Ted Cruz of Texas and Mike Lee of Utah — who have pledged not to support any resolution that continues funding the federal government if President Obama’s health-care law remains funded.

5. ....if this thing goes into effect beginning Oct. 1, with the exchanges and all the mandates that start kicking in, it will be do irreparable damage to our economy and to our country.”

6. ....Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn said last week. “It’s a terribly dangerous and not successful strategy.”
Rubio tells Republicans to get on board defunding Obamacare strategy | The Daily Caller

Is this a 'terribly dangerous' and failing strategy???

7. "...what happened in November of 1995 is very misleading.
Republicans certainly did not suffer at the polls. They lost only nine House seats, a relatively trivial number after a net gain of 54 in 1994. They actually added to their majority in the Senate, picking up two seats in the 1996 cycle.

8. More important, they succeeded in dramatically reducing the growth of federal spending. They did not get everything they wanted, to be sure, but government spending grew by just 2.9 percent during the first four years of GOP control, helping to turn a $164 billion deficit in 1995 into a $126 billion surplus in 1999. And they enacted a big tax cut in 1997.

9. If that’s what happens when Republicans are defeated, I hope the GOP loses again this year.

10. So what actually happened in 1995, and why do Republicans have such unpleasant memories?"
Winning the Government-Shutdown Fight | National Review Online

We are about to find out if there is any hope of a two-party system in the United States.
The tyranny of government is about complete unless Obamacare is stopped.

Unlikely

332-206

The second comment is 100% truthful...we elected Obama and 100% of the members of Congress or their appointers whom we also elected. In 2014, we will basically keep the same Congress that authorized every penny of the 17T deficit. Or do you not follow current events that closely?:eusa_shhh:

You prove your "worth" with every post. :lol:
As usual, you bring nothing to the table, but the 'I don't like you' posts.

This, of course, is because you are a dunce.

A "dunce"? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ouch!

She certianly has you pegged. You are a dunce royale, unable to comprehend anything beyond your narrow frame of reference.
I'll direct you to your sig line. The fact you think the obvious is absurd tells moer about you than anything else.

Unlikely

332-206

The second comment is 100% truthful...we elected Obama and 100% of the members of Congress or their appointers whom we also elected. In 2014, we will basically keep the same Congress that authorized every penny of the 17T deficit. Or do you not follow current events that closely?:eusa_shhh:

Given that 2014 is still over a year off I am not sure what powers you possess to say that. Your first point is still nonsense.

Yes there was no reason for those specific cuts, other than to hurt the citizens. Then Obama pretended he had no control over it. He is a liar of unmatched proportions. OK, maybe Candycorn comes close.

Indeed

Obama using sequester ‘to inflict maximum pain’ on Americans for political gain

Obama using sequester ?to inflict maximum pain? on Americans for political gain - National Government | Examiner.com

Obama Resists Simple Fixes for Sequestration Cuts

Obama Resists Simple Fixes for Sequestration Cuts - Byron York - Page full

In recent weeks, House Republicans have been virtually begging administration officials to ask for permission to move money around. If one program could be more easily cut than others, those Republicans say, just ask us, and we'll let you do it.

"We sent out on Feb. 28 a letter to every Cabinet officer asking them what changes they'd like to have -- pluses, subtractions and so on -- to give them an opportunity to show us at least one program they would like to have cut, which would then save on sequestration," Rep. Darrell Issa, chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, said in an interview recently. "We did not receive a single answer."

-Geaux

It could be argued that we're already there, Republicans and Democrats two hands of the same monarch with a royal court complete with giant corporations, special interest groups, political class sycophants and legions of faceless bureaucrats. The only difference between what we have now and the European Monarchies is that we get the illusion of choice when it comes to which hand gets to slap us around and we get to desperately cling to whatever liberty hasn't yet become too inconvenient for our betters to suppress.

The government worshipers of course will strenuously object, since they've been so imbued with the doctrine of statist apologists that any deviation from the mode of ever growing and centralized power seems "radical" to them. They seem to be either unwilling or incapable of thinking this progression through to it's logical conclusion, even though history is replete with examples of what the end game looks like.

Just look at what's going on today, the citizenry is at war with itself over which hand of the monarch gives the less painful beatings and all the while the increasingly enriched ruling class is laughing their heads off at how effective their game plan is working out. We are very well advanced on our journey down the road to serfdom, welcome aboard and enjoy the view.

"Many now believe that with the rise of the totalitarian State the world has entered upon a new era of barbarism. It has not. The totalitarian State is only the State; the kind of thing it does is only what the State has always done with unfailing regularity, if it had the power to do it, wherever and whenever its own aggrandizement made that kind of thing expedient. Give any State like power hereafter, and put it in like circumstances, and it will do precisely the same kind of thing. The State will unfailingly aggrandize itself, if only it has the power, first at the expense of its own citizens, and then at the expense of anyone else in sight. It has always done so, and always will." -- Albert Jay Nock, The Criminality of the State

"...Republicans and Democrats two hands of the same monarch..."

Look carefully at the OP.

In it, you will see that there is the Democrat Party, and the Democrat-lite Republicans and the Republicans.

And that is the essence of the post.

Bullshit. The essence of your post is that the GOP was right in 1995 and they would be right to force a shutdown now. Nowhere in your OP did you bang on the GOP.

Give it up.

Forum List

Back