The Democrats’ Half-Hearted Move to the Center

Trump is a disease. A disease caused by deep seated frustration with overbearing, meddlesome government.

If Democrats were serious in what they claim, if they truly believed that Trump, or MAGA in general, is an existential threat to the nation, they would have nominated a centrist candidate who could credibly address the concerns of rural white voters. But they didn't, and they won't, because they care more about "winning" the culture war.

True, although I would stipulate that both parties are a disease IMHO. But I do not see Trump doing as much damage as Harris or whoever the democrat nominee ends up being. For sure the democrats have no intention of moving more to the center, that is an unabashed lie.

What did you think ?

That it wasn't about Trump ? Why did you ask about it.

Is Trump claiming to move to the middle ? If so, he is lying.

So is Harris. That was the article.
Trump was President for four years and never moved to the middle.

You had no problem w/that, or you would have made a comment about it like you are making about Kamala now.

Do you see how dishonest that is?

True, although I would stipulate that both parties are a disease IMHO. But I do not see Trump doing as much damage as Harris or whoever the democrat nominee ends up being. For sure the democrats have no intention of moving more to the center, that is an unabashed lie.
Yep. And it's unfortunate because, mostly, it's an artificial division driven by the two-party system and plurality voting.

My priorities have changed considerably in the last few years, especially for the Presidential election. How a candidate aligns with my political ideology has taken a back seat to good leadership. We need a candidate who will commit themselves to representing the entire country, and not just their side of the culture war.

The two party system has created division, or at least radically amplified it, where it needn't be. Most people agree on most things. But the partisans need a war, in order to scare people into taking their "side". It's a senseless "Punch-n-Judy" show, with the winner beating the loser over the head and the loser skulking away swearing revenge. It would be hilarious if it wasn't dragging the country into a hole.

Trump was President for four years and never moved to the middle.
I would never expect him to be.
You had no problem w/that, or you would have made a comment about it like you are making about Kamala now.
I don't recall him pretending to do so.

Do you see how dishonest that is?
That Hindenburg Harris is pretending to move to the middle, when in fact she is not, is very dishonest. So yes, I see it.

Forum List

Back