Shut It Down!

The Republicans in Congress in the latest poll have a 19% approval 73% disapproval rating.

That's what their scorched earth obstruction-at-all-costs policy has gotten them.

Escalating the policy that got them down to 19% approval would seem to the rational mind to be insanity.

Yet over 50% of Americans want ACA repealed, yet that don't matter?

LMAO

-Geaux

61% of Americans do not want Obamacare repealed.

Under FDR the nation had one-man government, euphemistically called the 'Imperial Presidency.'

We lost the Constitution.

We are about to see whether or not this nation becomes a one-party government....essentially a totalitarian monarchy.

It could be argued that we're already there, Republicans and Democrats two hands of the same monarch with a royal court complete with giant corporations, special interest groups, political class sycophants and legions of faceless bureaucrats. The only difference between what we have now and the European Monarchies is that we get the illusion of choice when it comes to which hand gets to slap us around and we get to desperately cling to whatever liberty hasn't yet become too inconvenient for our betters to suppress.

The government worshipers of course will strenuously object, since they've been so imbued with the doctrine of statist apologists that any deviation from the mode of ever growing and centralized power seems "radical" to them. They seem to be either unwilling or incapable of thinking this progression through to it's logical conclusion, even though history is replete with examples of what the end game looks like.

Just look at what's going on today, the citizenry is at war with itself over which hand of the monarch gives the less painful beatings and all the while the increasingly enriched ruling class is laughing their heads off at how effective their game plan is working out. We are very well advanced on our journey down the road to serfdom, welcome aboard and enjoy the view.

"Many now believe that with the rise of the totalitarian State the world has entered upon a new era of barbarism. It has not. The totalitarian State is only the State; the kind of thing it does is only what the State has always done with unfailing regularity, if it had the power to do it, wherever and whenever its own aggrandizement made that kind of thing expedient. Give any State like power hereafter, and put it in like circumstances, and it will do precisely the same kind of thing. The State will unfailingly aggrandize itself, if only it has the power, first at the expense of its own citizens, and then at the expense of anyone else in sight. It has always done so, and always will." -- Albert Jay Nock, The Criminality of the State

Statism, regardless of the spin, left or right, is still statism.

TRUTH^ And yes ladies and gents there are right-leaning STATISTS. Missing ingredient? Liberty from BOTH SIDES that they are sworn to protect.
when they take that oath.

This site is not representative of normal America. This site is not even representative of normal conservatives.

I sure as hell hope the kind of mindless droid liberalism we see here (from stooges like you, carby) is not representative of "normal America" or of the oxymoronic "normal liberals."

Name 5 things you've ever proven me wrong on and link to the proof.

You wouldn't accept absolute conclusive proof of anything even if it was gift wrapped by God Himself, you fucking chump.

Name ONE thing you ever debated with me where you turned out to actually be correct, ya mindless dickface. Oh, and, ofcourse, prove it with a link.

Then, just for the bonus round of grins and chuckles, go fuck yourself again. You ARE a mindless droid liberoidal loser.

:thup:

Last edited:
The Republicans in Congress in the latest poll have a 19% approval 73% disapproval rating.

That's what their scorched earth obstruction-at-all-costs policy has gotten them.

Escalating the policy that got them down to 19% approval would seem to the rational mind to be insanity.

Yet over 50% of Americans want ACA repealed, yet that don't matter?

LMAO

-Geaux

61% of Americans do not want Obamacare repealed.

According to a gomer like you carby.

As recently as this past March, only 37% of Americans (the ignorant assholes, for the most part, or stooges like you) had a "favorable opinion" of Obamacare. -- http://kff.org/health-reform/poll-finding/march-2013-tracking-poll/

More recently:
The public is sharply divided about the law, with 42 percent of Americans in favor of it and 49 percent against, according to a July Washington Post-ABC News poll.
-- http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...-both-sides-crusading-to-change-opinions.html

Last edited:
the public was only hurt because obama planned it that way.
Unlikely

the sequester was tiny compared to the annual budget. obozo took the cuts where the public would feel them. he did that because his view of government is more and more spending, paid for by more and more taxes.

332-206
Apparently We the People agree with him, and we'll return 80%+ of the Senators and 90%+ of the House members to their jobs in 2014.

Yet you'll only blame one guy as long as he's Obama....right?

52/48 if you look at how the citizens voted. If a large number of conservatives had not stayed home, obama would have been a one term failure instead of a two term failure.

When does obama become responsible for anything that happens on his watch? Never?

332-206

count it!

cry us a river...If the GOP wants to shut down the govt...its on them and not Mr Obama

Repeating I see what many tell you on a constant basis

I get it now

-Geaux

Republican approval is 19%

Democraat approval is 31%.

If you think there's no difference between those 2 numbers you're as stupid as the Rabbi.

how many people polled? what is the political leaning of the people polled? where do they live? what is their income level? what is their age? what is their race?

pay me to do a poll of 1200 people, tell me what result you want, and I will pick a sample that will give you the results you want. The only polls that mean anything will be run in November of 2014 and 2016. I think you dem/libs are in for a shock.

The GOP should do well in 2014....it should shock no one.

So, once again we have the radical right calling for the destruction of our economy because the insane political ideology is not being adhered to. These people are calling for the destruction of our nation in the name of some weird form of 'patriotism'.

Shut it down, re-from, then build the fence

-Geaux

Build the fence with what? If the government is shut down, who is going to pay for the fence being built? Typical 'Conservative' logic.

So, once again we have the radical right calling for the destruction of our economy because the insane political ideology is not being adhered to. These people are calling for the destruction of our nation in the name of some weird form of 'patriotism'.

Shut it down, re-from, then build the fence

-Geaux

Build the fence with what? If the government is shut down, who is going to pay for the fence being built? Typical 'Conservative' logic.

Once government is reformed, priorities can be put in place

The funding is there now

-Geaux

In fact I would bet dissatisfaction with the GOP comes from them not pushing their agenda more. That is what we see on this site. People who are pro-GOP are disappointed with them not taking a more aggressive stance against the abortion that is the rule of the Democratic Party in the U.S.

Nope. People are fed up with haters and bigots and whiny little bitches like yourself who have infected the Right. And there you are, thinking you need to amp up the hate!

Last edited:
Is this a 'terribly dangerous' and failing strategy???

I would call it a retarded, self-destructive strategy. We know they are retarded because this is the best idea they could come up with!!

And just remember the precedent being set. If the Democrats one day decide to stop funding for a law that was passed by Congress and signed by the President, before you whine about it, remember Republicans have just said that is entirely okay.

The GOP has become a bunch of pouters. They could not argue their way out of a wet paper bag, they could not even beat Obama for chrissakes, and so now they are acting like pre-schoolers.

Nothing proves the GOP is completely bankrupt of ideas than the fact they could not even beat Obama.

Last edited:
In fact I would bet dissatisfaction with the GOP comes from them not pushing their agenda more. That is what we see on this site. People who are pro-GOP are disappointed with them not taking a more aggressive stance against the abortion that is the rule of the Democratic Party in the U.S.

Nope. People are fed up with haters and bigots and whiny little bitches like yourself who have infected the Right.

Fuck off, asshole. People are fed up with big governemnt, high taxes, poor job growth and broken promises.

Nope. People are fed up with haters and bigots and whiny little bitches like yourself who have infected the Right.

Fuck off, asshole. People are fed up with big governemnt, high taxes, poor job growth and broken promises.

Well, idiot, people are not fed up with high taxes because we do not have high taxes. Here you can find the tax rate for 1955, converted to 2010 dollars;

Rewinding Taxes to the Good Old Days | The American Catholic

People are fed up with big government not doing it's job. And that mostly lays at the feet of the GOP and their obstruct everything tactics.

Poor job growth is a difficult one to solve, when the GOP continues to push for evermore cuts in government employment. And continues to block any legislation that would create jobs. After all, it was GOP actions that created the near Depression in 2008.

But go ahead and run people on the basis of the GOP swing to the extreme rabid right. And we will be speaking of the Republican Party in the same tense as we speak of the Whigs.

Forum List

Back