Shutdown Blacks Out NFL, MLB Playoff Games for Troops Overseas

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
I've never seen such disgusting behavior by YOUR Federal government...people need to wake up
links in article at site

SNIP:

Saturday, 05 Oct 2013 02:21 PM

By Newsmax Wires
U.S. troops deployed worldwide won't get to watch their favorite pro sports teams while the government is closed for business.

The American Forces Network will not broadcast Major League Baseball playoff games or this weekend's NFL games during the government shutdown, according to its Facebook page.

"We determined we do not have a sound policy or legal basis to air the sports channels at this time because it is not deemed critical to … military operations and activities," the post reads. "In essence, we think we should walk a careful line on not providing any programs beyond the news/information realm, which can be clearly tied to direct support of force protection, situational awareness and readiness."

The decision drew angry response from AFN Facebook and Twitter followers:

"We can read the news online, sports is more of a moral lifter, especially for the troops deployed."

"I made due with all the cruddy commercials you play. Now you take away my football on the weekends."

"I find this appalling. What a slap in the face to morale to these guys who cling to things like this to feel connected to back home."

all of it here
Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Shutdown Blacks Out NFL, MLB Playoff Games for Troops Overseas
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

Shutdown Blacks Out NFL, MLB Playoff Games for Troops Overseas

And the fault for this rests solely with House republicans, Boehner in particular, who refuses to allow the House to vote to fund the government.

yeah we know, Democrats are saints and are never the FAULT of anything

Forum List

Back