Side-By-Side Comparison .... Immigration

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
(Note: In a probably vain attempt to bring intellect and thought to the election process, I will be posting side-by-side comparisons of the Republican and Democrat positions on critical subjects in the upcoming election. The words posted are directly from the campaigns (though some portions have been removed for brevity.)

REPUBLICAN

The three core principles of Donald J. Trump's immigration plan

1. A nation without borders is not a nation. There must be a wall across the southern border.

2. A nation without laws is not a nation. Laws passed in accordance with our Constitutional system of government must be enforced.

3. A nation that does not serve its own citizens is not a nation. Any immigration plan must improve jobs, wages and security for all Americans.

Make Mexico Pay For The Wall

Defend The Laws And Constitution Of The United States

Triple the number of ICE officers.

Nationwide e-verify.

Mandatory return of all criminal aliens.

Detention—not catch-and-release.

Defund sanctuary cities.

Enhanced penalties for overstaying a visa.

Cooperate with local gang task forces.

End birthright citizenship.

Increase prevailing wage for H-1Bs.

Requirement to hire American workers first.

End welfare abuse.

Jobs program for inner city youth.

Refugee program for American children.

Immigration moderation.

Immigration Reform

DEMOCRAT

Introduce comprehensive immigration reform by:

• End the three- and 10-year bars.

• Defend President Obama’s executive actions—known as DACA and DAPA—against partisan attacks.

• Do everything possible under the law to protect families.

• Enforce immigration laws humanely.

• End family detention and close private immigration detention centers.

• Expand access to affordable health care to all families.

• Promote naturalization.

• Support immigrant integration.
Hillary Clinton on immigration reform

. A nation without borders is not a nation. this is clearly true There must be a wall across the southern border. good luck with that

2. A nation without laws is not a nation. Laws passed in accordance with our Constitutional system of government must be enforced.

3. A nation that does not serve its own citizens is not a nation. Any immigration plan must improve jobs, wages and security for all Americans.

Make Mexico Pay For The Wall

Defend The Laws And Constitution Of The United States

Triple the number of ICE officers. not a bad idea. I'd advise hiring private companies to patrol the border

Nationwide e-verify.

Mandatory return of all criminal aliens.

Detention—not catch-and-release. jail, no rights

Defund sanctuary cities. arrest the mayors and all involved

Enhanced penalties for overstaying a visa.

Cooperate with local gang task forces.

End birthright citizenship.

Increase prevailing wage for H-1Bs.

Requirement to hire American workers first. no, this is just more tyranny, we have enough of that

End welfare abuse.

Jobs program for inner city youth. Why? It never worked before.

Refugee program for American children. the hell is this?

Immigration moderation.

"... the hell is this?"

Go to the referenced website for clarification.

DEMOCRAT

• End the three- and 10-year bars. and what? give a free pass?

• Defend President Obama’s executive actions—known as DACA and DAPA—against partisan attacks. END FREE SPEECH NOW

• Do everything possible under the law to protect families. We already do this and dems already break the law

• Enforce immigration laws humanely. aka; gives criminals a free pass

• End family detention and close private immigration detention centers. so don't detain criminals, gotcha

• Expand access to affordable health care to all families. help criminals increase the debt creating more pain for actual Americans

• Promote naturalization. idiocy

• Support immigrant integration. and that means?

The Democrats' position, taking the side of invading foreign criminals against that of their own country and their own countrymen, meets the Constitutional definition of treason.

Hillary Clinton does not belong in the White House; she belongs in front of a firing squad, along with Barack Obama, and every other corrupt public servant who has use the power of their positions toward this traitorous agenda.

"... the hell is this?"

oh no, lets not have a conversation...

If you wish to have a discussion about any of the issues, I will be more than happy to oblige.

However, if you're just too damned lazy to educate yourself about the areas you don't understand, I'm not going to waste my time, or others, force feeding it to you.

DEMOCRAT

• End the three- and 10-year bars. and what? give a free pass?

• Defend President Obama’s executive actions—known as DACA and DAPA—against partisan attacks. END FREE SPEECH NOW

• Do everything possible under the law to protect families. We already do this and dems already break the law

• Enforce immigration laws humanely. aka; gives criminals a free pass

• End family detention and close private immigration detention centers. so don't detain criminals, gotcha

• Expand access to affordable health care to all families. help criminals increase the debt creating more pain for actual Americans

• Promote naturalization. idiocy

• Support immigrant integration. and that means?
"... and that means?"

The Democrats' position, taking the side of invading foreign criminals against that of their own country and their own countrymen, meets the Constitutional definition of treason.

Hillary Clinton does not belong in the White House; she belongs in front of a firing squad, along with Barack Obama, and every other corrupt public servant who has use the power of their positions toward this traitorous agenda.

If someone breaks into your home against your will......

Trump believes that person should be removed. If that person continues to break into your house, along with having him removed you should have the right to sue this person and have him pay for whatever security methods it takes to keep it from happening (wall?)

Clinton believes that if your home is broken into, against your will, you become obligated to feed him, put him on your health insurance policy, allow his family members to also move in, pay to educate his children and, after a few years you must adopt him.

I think I'd vote Trump. My house and my bank account ain't that big.

Trump believes that person should be removed. If that person continues to break into your house, along with having him removed you should have the right to sue this person and have him pay for whatever security methods it takes to keep it from happening (wall?)

Clinton believes that if your home is broken into, against your will, you become obligated to feed him, put him on your health insurance policy, allow his family members to also move in, pay to educate his children and, after a few years you must adopt him.

A pretty accurate summary ... well done.

A pretty accurate summary ... well done.

Thanks

I've killed a number of immigration threads with it.

I hope Trump uses it in the debates.

I did, that's why this thread is dead.

Then, obviously, you didn't do your research.

"Refugee program for American children."

In an attempt to defuse the immigration issue, Ms Clinton has begun talking about Hispanic immigrants as "American", because they come from Central AMERICA. Obviously, if this statement were to say "refugee program for Central American children", it would get a completely different reaction politically.

Ms Clinton has proposed a blanket acceptance of Central American children who arrive at the southern border unaccompanied - no vetting, no criminal checks. They would be given a permanent visa under the "political refugee" clause.

Mr Trump has not specifically addressed these "American children" other than to claim that these "refugee American children" could then be used as an avenue for their families to enter the country legally. I would assume that he objects to this.

Forum List

Back