🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

(sigh)...yet another unarmed negro murdered by police...next?

It's pretty fucking simple folks

A cop tells you to put your hands up you fucking put them up right quick

Oh and keep your fucking mouth shut while you're at it

There you go, folks. There's that "Small" government conservatism for you. These are the same people who wave around flags that say "Don't Tread on Me," yet never fail to get on their knees and kiss the boots of the ever growing security state in our country.

A time and a place for everything. When you are pulled over it is not the time to argue. Go to court, file a complaint later.

Just common sense.

Maybe that's the problem. Why do so many of you take the view that one's right to self defense against an aggressor go out the window if the aggressor is in a uniform? Why in an alleged free country are people expected to grovel before a government agent blatantly violating their rights and then having to fork out money they may not have to defend themselves in court when wrongfully persecuted? Lawyers aren't free and most people can't afford a decent one.

The system is corrupt and broken.

I pick and choose my fights. My taillight is out and I get pulled over it is my fault. If I am speeding, it is my fault. If I fail to signal, it is my fault. Why should I get confrontational with a person doing their job.

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm speaking of instances where the police are overstepping their authority and clearly in the wrong.

Pulling over a person with a taillight out? When called to a scene when a person is threatening with a gun? Not sure if the two latest cases fall under your scenario.

There you go, folks. There's that "Small" government conservatism for you. These are the same people who wave around flags that say "Don't Tread on Me," yet never fail to get on their knees and kiss the boots of the ever growing security state in our country.

A time and a place for everything. When you are pulled over it is not the time to argue. Go to court, file a complaint later.

Just common sense.

Maybe that's the problem. Why do so many of you take the view that one's right to self defense against an aggressor go out the window if the aggressor is in a uniform? Why in an alleged free country are people expected to grovel before a government agent blatantly violating their rights and then having to fork out money they may not have to defend themselves in court when wrongfully persecuted? Lawyers aren't free and most people can't afford a decent one.

Yes it is weird. They scream they are against the government but grovel when anyone representing the government tells them to get on their knees.

It's obvious in many of these videos that many police officers are either poorly trained or are trained that they are the gods of the universe and can shoot and kill someone at their whim. Even when many of these people that are killed by police are either on the ground or are not a DIRECT threat they are shot REPEATEDLY. The 12 year old boy in the park about a year ago, the police roll up and within 1-2 seconds they shoot and kill him. The motto for the police used to be 'to serve and protect' the public. Now it means they serve and protect themselves, first and always.

I've always had great respect for the police but there are far too many videotaped incidents of them acting like the Gestapo and outright murdering people. And they have no accountability. Why can't they implement new procedures where say, on a traffic stop where they are suspicious of the intent of the people in the car, they stay back, order the driver to slowly exit the car with hands up and lie face down. The officer can then safely handcuff the person until he checks the car. They do this with people that run but they should use a version of this for anyone they pull over who acts strangely or appears to present a possible threat. This rather than the rambo guns blazing 'I'm gonna take you down sucker and find out what's going on after you are shot four times'.

Something has to change. They are killing people in front of their kids for no reason.

Just common sense.

Yes it is weird. They scream they are against the government but grovel when anyone representing the government tells them to get on their knees.

It's obvious in many of these videos that many police officers are either poorly trained or are trained that they are the gods of the universe and can shoot and kill someone at their whim. Even when many of these people that are killed by police are either on the ground or are not a DIRECT threat they are shot REPEATEDLY. The 12 year old boy in the park about a year ago, the police roll up and within 1-2 seconds they shoot and kill him. The motto for the police used to be 'to serve and protect' the public. Now it means they serve and protect themselves, first and always.

I've always had great respect for the police but there are far too many videotaped incidents of them acting like the Gestapo and outright murdering people. And they have no accountability. Why can't they implement new procedures where say, on a traffic stop where they are suspicious of the intent of the people in the car, they stay back, order the driver to slowly exit the car with hands up and lie face down. The officer can then safely handcuff the person until he checks the car. They do this with people that run but they should use a version of this for anyone they pull over who acts strangely or appears to present a possible threat. This rather than the rambo guns blazing 'I'm gonna take you down sucker and find out what's going on after you are shot four times'.

Something has to change. They are killing people in front of their kids for no reason.

I read something about wisdom and knowing which battles to fight.

Keeping the government out of people's private lives and having a showdown with a cop over rights are two very different things

Any lawyer will tell you to comply with the cops and then sort out any rights violations in the courts and not to do it on the streets

Seems like common sense to me

Just common sense.

Keeping the government out of people's private lives and having a showdown with a cop over rights are two very different things

Any lawyer will tell you to comply with the cops and then sort out any rights violations in the courts and not to do it on the streets

Yes...just common sense...which obviously these street thugs that wanna resist and fight da poeeleeeeece....just do not get. Why is dat?

I would conjecture it is because they are so used to being coddled....with such great feelings of being entitled to do anything they want....they simply do not know or understand how to act when confronted with a policemans lawful orders....dey git mad...dey fight back...and dey wind up dead. Case closed...move along now.

Just common sense.

Yes...just common sense...which obviously these street thugs that wanna resist and fight da poeeleeeeece....just do not get. Why is dat?

I would conjecture it is because they are so used to being coddled....with such great feelings of being entitled to do anything they want....they simply do not know or understand how to act when confronted with a policemans lawful orders....dey git mad...dey fight back...and dey wind up dead. Case closed...move along now.

a pathetic attempt at sarcasm if I ever saw one

The guy in the car in MN doesn't seem to fit your wannabe pithy description does he?

I'm sure he was a pillar of society and it will be a great loss.....sniff sniff

so he should be shot down and killed for no reason?

but you're not white trash or anything.... right?
Lets see he was armed illegally, he threatened someone with the firearm, he refused to cooperate with the police, he resisted arrest and the cops claim he reached for his firearm, yup totally innocent.

New Video Shows Alton Sterling Wasn’t Holding A Gun When He Was Killed By Police
Graphic footage depicts police officers in Louisiana shooting Sterling multiple times.
The Daily Beast first published the disturbing video, which it obtained from Abdullah Muflahi, the owner of the convenience store where the shooting took place. Muflahi told the news organization that Sterling was not causing trouble and that he had been a “welcome presence at the store for years.”

Two white police officers shot Sterling, a 37-year-old back man, as he sold CDs in the convenience store’s parking lot early Tuesday morning. Authorities were responding to a complaint about an armed man threatening people outside the store.

Black lives don't matter in this country. When nigga's figure it out, we'll be okay.

He was a convicted felon in possession of a gun.......it was in his pocket......not hard to pull a gun from a pocket.....

Lets see he was armed illegally, he threatened someone with the firearm, he refused to cooperate with the police, he resisted arrest and the cops claim he reached for his firearm, yup totally innocent.

Isn't it funny that the one guy the anti-gunners on this thread support carrying a gun is the one guy doing it illegally as a convicted criminal......?

You will be among the last to admit there is problem I suppose. Didn't think you were that ugly..

I don't care if he had a record. That's not how you excuse brutality like this..

Isn't it funny that the one guy the anti-gunners on this thread support carrying a gun is the one guy doing it illegally as a convicted criminal......?

No. I don't find it funny.. Rather have the taxpayers pay for locking him up AGAIN -- rather than witness this kind of over-use of force.

Especially in the Minn case where the police OBVIOUSLY have issues panicking over CCW permit holders. And don't know how to disarm them during a stop if they have doubts.

THAT ONE -- ought to give you one issue gun guys a little perspective on police brutality..

You know-nothing sack of shit...did you even watch the video? Take a few seconds to actually watch the fucking video. He was ON THE GROUND. He couldn't do a fucking thing, including reaching for his gun, because 2 pigs had him pinned down....and shot him with their guns 10 inches away from his chest. This was a stone cold murder.

Moron.

New Video Shows Alton Sterling Wasn’t Holding A Gun When He Was Killed By Police
Graphic footage depicts police officers in Louisiana shooting Sterling multiple times.
The Daily Beast first published the disturbing video, which it obtained from Abdullah Muflahi, the owner of the convenience store where the shooting took place. Muflahi told the news organization that Sterling was not causing trouble and that he had been a “welcome presence at the store for years.”

Two white police officers shot Sterling, a 37-year-old back man, as he sold CDs in the convenience store’s parking lot early Tuesday morning. Authorities were responding to a complaint about an armed man threatening people outside the store.

Black lives don't matter in this country. When nigga's figure it out, we'll be okay.

He had a fucking gun and the reason the cops were there is because he threatened someone with it.
Dame you stupid......

He didn't "threaten" anyone, you drooling imbecile.

You know-nothing sack of shit...did you even watch the video? Take a few seconds to actually watch the fucking video. He was ON THE GROUND. He couldn't do a fucking thing, including reaching for his gun, because 2 pigs had him pinned down....and shot him with their guns 10 inches away from his chest. This was a stone cold murder.

Moron.

So you take a general statement and apply it to the video?

IDIOT

And we don't really know what happened before the video was rolling do we?

We do know he refused to comply with the cop's orders

We know that he was outside of the convenience store selling CD's and DVD's, just as he had been doing for the past 6 years, according to the store owner, who knew him well.

We know that a homeless man was asking him for money, and was pestering sterling for money. Sterling did have a gun, illegally. This is not justification for murder in any way, shape or form.

CNN said:
The man was persistent, and Sterling showed him his gun, the source said.
"I told you to leave me alone," Sterling told the man, according to the source.

Alton Sterling shooting: Homeless man made 911 call, source says - CNN.com

The homeless man then made the 911 call.

Cops arrived, and first tried to use their stun gun on him.

We know that witnesses -- including the store owner -- said it did not look like Alton was reaching for his gun, and no witnesses heard Alton say he was reaching for his gun or making any threats towards the officers while he was standing or while he was pinned down. We know that the fucking pigs screamed at him to "Get on the ground!" when he was already on the ground, and we know he was shot 4 to 6 times immediately afterwards while he was pinned to the ground. The gun wasn't visible at any point in the altercation. It wasn't until after shooting him in cold blood, they pigs got off of him, and one of them pulled out his gun from his pocket. No threats towards the officers were heard or recorded.

One of the officers was heard saying at one point, "Just leave him laying there," according to the store owner.

That's what we know.

We also know that the very conservatives here who claim to be so anti-state, are the first ones to rush in here to defend this murder and pat these cops on the back. We know that these same conservative scumbags are the first in line to say he "deserved it," and cite his rap sheet as justification for killing him.

We also know that there is no evidence that the 2 officers involved were even aware of his history.

CNN said:
There's no evidence that officers who responded to the convenience store early Tuesday were aware of his criminal history.

We know that he was outside of the convenience store selling CD's and DVD's, just as he had been doing for the past 6 years, according to the store owner, who knew him well.

We know that a homeless man was asking him for money, and was pestering sterling for money. Sterling did have a gun, illegally. This is not justification for murder in any way, shape or form.

CNN said:

We know that witnesses -- including the store owner -- said it did not look like Alton was reaching for his gun, and no witnesses heard Alton say he was reaching for his gun or making any threats towards the officers while he was standing or while he was pinned down. We know that the fucking pigs screamed at him to "Get on the ground!" when he was already on the ground, and we know he was shot 4 to 6 times immediately afterwards while he was pinned to the ground. The gun wasn't visible at any point in the altercation. It wasn't until after shooting him in cold blood, they pigs got off of him, and one of them pulled out his gun from his pocket. No threats towards the officers were heard or recorded.

One of the officers was heard saying at one point, "Just leave him laying there," according to the store owner.

That's what we know.

We also know that the very conservatives here who claim to be so anti-state, are the first ones to rush in here to defend this murder and pat these cops on the back. We know that these same conservative scumbags are the first in line to say he "deserved it," and cite his rap sheet as justification for killing him.

We also know that there is no evidence that the 2 officers involved were even aware of his history.

CNN said:
There's no evidence that officers who responded to the convenience store early Tuesday were aware of his criminal history.

The cops can't be expected to know everyone's "history"
All they can do is react to the situation

The guy had a gun
He would not comply with the cops

All he had to do was listen to them and he'd still be alive

CNN said:

That's what we know.

CNN said:

Exactly. That's exactly my point, and why I mentioned that and also for anyone who thinks "he had it coming" based on his past. They can only respond to the situation at hand, and given the situation and what they knew, nothing he did warranted being shot. Their lives were not threatened, period.

The guy had a gun

How do you know he "wouldn't comply?" There is absolutely nothing in eyewitness testimony that would suggest he was refusing to comply. Nothing in the recorded video either.

CNN said:

That's what we know.

CNN said:

Exactly. That's exactly my point, and why I mentioned that and also for anyone who thinks "he had it coming" based on his past. They can only respond to the situation at hand, and given the situation and what they knew, nothing he did warranted being shot. Their lives were not threatened, period.

The guy had a gun

How do you know he "wouldn't comply?" There is absolutely nothing in eyewitness testimony that would suggest he was refusing to comply. Nothing in the recorded video either.

He was on the ground fighting them

That is not complying

And I don't know why the cop pulled his gun neither do you

They knew he was armed and he was struggling against them maybe he got his hand near his gun

You just don't know do you?

Five dead and eleven wounded cops in Dallas.

Next.

Forum List

Back