Similarities between Single Astronaut Theory and Fallen Angels

Chuckt

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2013
I was watching one of the History channels tonight and I saw similarities between the Single Astronaut Theory and the Angels that left their first estate (Jude 1:6). They showed ancient stone structures that they suggest were cut by power tools.

Jude 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Genesis 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Job 1:7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Shklovski and Sagan[edit]

In their 1966 book Intelligent Life in the Universe,[21] astrophysicists I.S. Shklovski and Carl Sagan devote a chapter[22] to arguments that scientists and historians should seriously consider the possibility that extraterrestrial contact occurred during recorded history. However, Shklovski and Sagan stressed that these ideas were speculative and unproven.

Ancient astronauts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And then Sagan went after it:

The SETI Institute is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to “explore, understand and explain the origin, nature and prevalence of life in the universe”. SETI stands for the "search for extraterrestrial intelligence". One program is the use of both radio and optical telescopes to search for deliberate signals from extraterrestrial intelligence. Other research, pursued within the Carl Sagan Center for the Study of Life in the Universe, includes the discovery of extrasolar planets, potentials for life on Mars and other bodies within the Solar System, and the habitability of the galaxy (including the study of extremophiles). The SETI Institute’s public outreach efforts include working with teachers and students in promoting science education and the teaching of evolution, working with NASA on exploration missions such as Kepler and SOFIA, and producing a weekly science program: Big Picture Science.

SETI Institute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What think you?

Last edited:
I was watching one of the History channels tonight and I saw similarities between the Single Astronaut Theory and the Angels that left their first estate (Jude 1:6). They showed ancient stone structures that they suggest were cut by power tools.

Jude 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Genesis 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Job 1:7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Shklovski and Sagan[edit]

In their 1966 book Intelligent Life in the Universe,[21] astrophysicists I.S. Shklovski and Carl Sagan devote a chapter[22] to arguments that scientists and historians should seriously consider the possibility that extraterrestrial contact occurred during recorded history. However, Shklovski and Sagan stressed that these ideas were speculative and unproven.

Ancient astronauts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And then Sagan went after it:

The SETI Institute is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to “explore, understand and explain the origin, nature and prevalence of life in the universe”. SETI stands for the "search for extraterrestrial intelligence". One program is the use of both radio and optical telescopes to search for deliberate signals from extraterrestrial intelligence. Other research, pursued within the Carl Sagan Center for the Study of Life in the Universe, includes the discovery of extrasolar planets, potentials for life on Mars and other bodies within the Solar System, and the habitability of the galaxy (including the study of extremophiles). The SETI Institute’s public outreach efforts include working with teachers and students in promoting science education and the teaching of evolution, working with NASA on exploration missions such as Kepler and SOFIA, and producing a weekly science program: Big Picture Science.

SETI Institute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What think you?

When they keep finding things occuring over and over, it's a little hard to ignore. The thing about Angels always being depicted with wings for one thing. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, the Hieroglyphics are what they saw. They're pictures.

So interesting is what I think.

I was just watching that History channel episode now.

"Ancient Aliens" has done more damage to the pro-ET camp than anything any government has ever done. By proposing any remarkable human achievement was only possible because aliens did it it makes anyone who wants to study the question seem like a crank. To say nothing of insulting every engineer and scientist by suggesting we haven't had the ability to make big wonderful things ourselves, and aliens did it all.

By modern standards, sure, much of religion could be viewed through the ET lens (and beyond that the simple fact is G-d IS in fact an alien since if He created the world, He obviously can't be FROM the world ergo, is alien.) But more likely than religious figures are aliens is that ancient peoples long before large-scale governments imposed laws onto those they governed, religion achieved the same result. Having everyone following the same 'rulebook' be it governmental or religious benefits everyone under that control. So that ancient Man invented gods and mythology to instill fear and promote being controlled by a ruling priestly-class isn't surprising. Now that there are well-defined countries with borders and governments, government has replaced much of the role religion used to occupy.

Forum List

Back