Since Obama was a bigot during the '08 presidential campaign should he be sued ?

He was against gay marriage then, so he really wasn't qualified to be president, and not fit to represent all Americans.

Amazing how liberals could have blatantly voted for a bigot. I guess they just discovered their principles.

Amazing how you do not tell the whole truth.

In 2008, Obama supported civil unions for gays. He only opposed the use of the word "marriage". The latter is the only point upon which he later "evolved".

He also openly supported a repeal of DOMA.

He defined marriage as between a man and a woman. According to you guys, YOU GUYS voted for a bigot since he was not inclusive.
First, I did not vote for Obama.

Second, he supported civil unions and the repeal of DOMA.

It is obvious he said marriage is "one man, one woman" because that was the prevailing opinion at that time in both parties. He is a politician, after all.

However, his support of civil unions, and especially his support of a repeal of DOMA, indicate he believed gays should be entitled to all state and federal cash and prizes for their marriages.

A civil union was not, and never would be, separate and equal unless they received all the exact same state and federal cash and prizes, which includes recognition in all 50 states.

It is a point of fact they were not equal until the Supreme Court decision a couple weeks ago.

He was against gay marriage then, so he really wasn't qualified to be president, and not fit to represent all Americans.

Amazing how liberals could have blatantly voted for a bigot. I guess they just discovered their principles.

Sorry so you are saying Obama was a bigot in 2008? If so, then bigotry is not an illegal act. It's a despicable act. And yes, everyone was a bigot back in 2008 including republicans.

Now that we all agree homophobia is bigotry then we should begin by suing cons first who still oppose GM. I like to sue the worst culprits first. Then we can go after Clinton and Obama.

See Obama and Clinton changed. Cons did not. Cons continue to remain bigots.

How about suing the folks who can't even use the word homophobia properly.

OK you do that, I don't mind.

Sorry so you are saying Obama was a bigot in 2008? If so, then bigotry is not an illegal act. It's a despicable act. And yes, everyone was a bigot back in 2008 including republicans.

Now that we all agree homophobia is bigotry then we should begin by suing cons first who still oppose GM. I like to sue the worst culprits first. Then we can go after Clinton and Obama.

Obama is incapable of change. The only reason he took a pro stance on same-sex marriage was because it presented a political opportunity. It's all about power, which is the reason he takes a stance on any issue. Same with the issues of immigration, gun-control, or "income-inequality". He merely sees millions of new votes for the Democratic Party.

Obama changed because of political opportunity? Idiot, Obama is not running for any other offices any further. So how did this present an opportunity for him? He could still today oppose GM. Why are you being so stupid at this time? Does it help you become popular by being stupid in your circle?

In '08 you voted for a bigot, however at that time it benefited Obama to be a bigot since the majority of Americans at that time were against gay marriage.
However, Obama in '12 sensed that the country had changed enough to jump on the gay marriage band wagon.

Still doesn't change the fact you fully supported a bigot in '08.

seems more like he and many others finally realized that their personal view of marriage is not relevant to the constitutionality of state marriage laws...

Exactly what would Obama be sued for? What service did he refuse to gays?

In 2008, Obama supported civil unions for gays. He only opposed the use of the word "marriage". The latter is the only point upon which he later "evolved".

He defined marriage as between a man and a woman. According to you guys, YOU GUYS voted for a bigot since he was not inclusive.

It is obvious he said marriage is "one man, one woman" because that was the prevailing opinion at that time in both parties. He is a politician, after all.

However, his support of civil unions, and especially his support of a repeal of DOMA, indicate he believed gays should be entitled to all state and federal cash and prizes for their marriages.

A civil union was not, and never would be, separate and equal unless they received all the exact same state and federal cash and prizes, which includes recognition in all 50 states.

It is a point of fact they were not equal until the Supreme Court decision a couple weeks ago.

You no doubt however voted for a bigot in '08, didn't you ?

Nope. I refuse to vote for evil, even a lesser one. My vote has to be earned. I don't whore it out like the rubes around here do.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

He was probably too high to recall...

Obama is incapable of change. The only reason he took a pro stance on same-sex marriage was because it presented a political opportunity. It's all about power, which is the reason he takes a stance on any issue. Same with the issues of immigration, gun-control, or "income-inequality". He merely sees millions of new votes for the Democratic Party.

Obama changed because of political opportunity? Idiot, Obama is not running for any other offices any further. So how did this present an opportunity for him? He could still today oppose GM. Why are you being so stupid at this time? Does it help you become popular by being stupid in your circle?

In '08 you voted for a bigot, however at that time it benefited Obama to be a bigot since the majority of Americans at that time were against gay marriage.
However, Obama in '12 sensed that the country had changed enough to jump on the gay marriage band wagon.

Obama was a bigot in 2008 and he stopped being a bigot in 2008. There are degrees of bigotry. Obama may have been opposed to GM in 2008 but that doesn't mean he hated gays.

Cons today not only oppose GM but also hate gays as much as they can without looking like fools. So why don't you ask cons why they support the bigots today? You are so upset at liberals voting for a bigot in 2008 that you've decided to ignore the bigotry of the RW cons in 2015.

Does it feel better to support the RW bigots while attacking the new and improved non-bigot dems in 2015? Remember, you are not scoring any political points by alienating more and more people away from your party. You just continue on your path of hatred and throw away the votes for dems to collect.

Nope. I refuse to vote for evil, even a lesser one. My vote has to be earned.

The candidate you voted for in '08 was for gay marriage ?

Nope. I refuse to vote for evil, even a lesser one. My vote has to be earned. I don't whore it out like the rubes around here do.

Yet your loyalty does not as you support the racist ways of the far left and Obama..

Exactly what would Obama be sued for? What service did he refuse to gays?

Since he was not inclusive for several years, he did not represent their need to be married. He was a bigot.
Wrong. He supported civil unions and the repeal of DOMA. He repealed "Don't Ask, Don't Tell", thus allowing them to serve openly in the armed forces.

Show where he denied them anything.

Did they ask him for a cake?

Show where gays asked for something from Obama that he refused.

I voted for a state amendment to ban gay marriage about ten years ago.

Was I bigot toward gays back then?

Yep.

Then I grew up a little.
Nonsense.

Most people have opinions that have nothing to do with hate. Bigotry is based in hate. I mock fags but I have no hate for them. My daughter & many of her friends have alternate lifestyles but we all get along just fine despite my supposed "bigotry"

Stupid politically correct nonsense & you seem just dumb enough to fall for it

Nope. I refuse to vote for evil, even a lesser one. My vote has to be earned.

The candidate you voted for in '08 was for gay marriage ?

OK I got it: You are saying Dems voted for a bigot in 2008. Therefore the RWers have every right to remain bigots in 2016 and the RWers will continue to vote for bigots in 2016 because dems were bigots in 2008 therefore dems should not blame RWers for continuing on with the bigotry that dems engaged in in the past.

Now apply the same logic to slavery and racism and engage in your own form of racism. Cause you know, dems did it in the past. So you sh ould be supporting the RWers should they continue to embrace racism.

And you wonder why cons have no support from the blacks and gays and the American people in general.

More has been done under Obama for gays than under all our past Presidents combined. This stupid attempt to portray him as a bigot is laughable.

Obama was a bigot in 2008 and he stopped being a bigot in 2008. There are degrees of bigotry. Obama may have been opposed to GM in 2008 but that doesn't mean he hated gays.

Cons today not only oppose GM but also hate gays as much as they can without looking like fools. So why don't you ask cons why they support the bigots today? You are so upset at liberals voting for a bigot in 2008 that you've decided to ignore the bigotry of the RW cons in 2015.

Does it feel better to support the RW bigots while attacking the new and improved non-bigot dems in 2015? Remember, you are not scoring any political points by alienating more and more people away from your party. You just continue on your path of hatred and throw away the votes for dems to collect.

In 2010 he was for civil unions, but had not at that time came out as being pro gay marriage, so in '10 according to you guys, he would have still been a bigot.

More has been done under Obama for gays than under all our past Presidents combined. This stupid attempt to portray him as a bigot is laughable.

You guys continually refer to anyone who opposes gay marriage as being a bigot, so that makes Obama a bigot back in '08 yet you guys openly voted for him. Amazing.

Forum List

Back