Since Obama was a bigot during the '08 presidential campaign should he be sued ?

May 9, 2012

Since stepping on to the national stage in 2004 when he ran for the Senate in Illinois, Barack Obama has shifted his views on whether same-sex couples should have the legal right to marry. “My feelings about this are constantly evolving,” Obama said about same-sex marriage in December of 2010.

“For me personally, it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same-sex couples should be able to get married.”

It is not clear whether Obama still believes, as he said in 2006, that “decisions about marriage should be left to the states as they always have been.”

The evolution of Obama s stance on gay marriage - NBC Politics

President Barack Obama maintained in a new interview that he “evolved” on gay marriage, despite a top aide’s assertion in a new book that he was “bullshitting” in 2008 when he opposed the unions.

Obama told BuzzFeed that longtime political guru David Axelrod didn’t accurately characterize his position when Axelrod wrote in his new book that Obama shifted on the issue for political gains. But the President proved unable to explain why he moved away from supporting the unions despite supporting them as a state Senate candidate in 1996.

“I think David is mixing up my personal feelings with my position on the issue,” Obama said. “I always felt that same-sex couples should be able to enjoy the same rights, legally, as anybody else and so it was frustrating to me not to, I think, be able to square that with what were a whole bunch of religious sensitivities out there.”

Barack Obama Maintains He Evolved on Gay Marriage Despite Axelrod Book

President Obama predicted the Supreme Court will "shift" on same-sex marriage when it interview with Buzzfeed News. "It's time to recognize that, under the equal protection clause of the United States, same-sex couples should have the same rights as anybody else."

"I think that the courts at the federal level will have something to say..." Mr. Obama said.

"You know, these are the kinds of things you learn as you... move forward in public life: that sometimes you can't split the difference. That sometimes you just have to be very clear that this is what's right. And what I'm very proud of is to see how rapidly the country has shifted and maybe the small part that I've played, but certainly my Justice Department and others have played, in this administration in getting to where we need to be," he said.

At one time, he said, he believed that backing civil unions was "a sufficient way of squaring the circle," on the issue. He did not publicly back same-sex marriage until 2012.

Obama predicts Supreme Court shift on same-sex marriage - CBS News

Sorry so you are saying Obama was a bigot in 2008? If so, then bigotry is not an illegal act. It's a despicable act. And yes, everyone was a bigot back in 2008 including republicans.

Now that we all agree homophobia is bigotry then we should begin by suing cons first who still oppose GM. I like to sue the worst culprits first. Then we can go after Clinton and Obama.

See Obama and Clinton changed. Cons did not. Cons continue to remain bigots.

Obama is incapable of change. The only reason he took a pro stance on same-sex marriage was because it presented a political opportunity. It's all about power, which is the reason he takes a stance on any issue. Same with the issues of immigration, gun-control, or "income-inequality". He merely sees millions of new votes for the Democratic Party.

Obama changed because of political opportunity? Idiot, Obama is not running for any other offices any further. So how did this present an opportunity for him? He could still today oppose GM. Why are you being so stupid at this time? Does it help you become popular by being stupid in your circle?

In '08 you voted for a bigot, however at that time it benefited Obama to be a bigot since the majority of Americans at that time were against gay marriage.
However, Obama in '12 sensed that the country had changed enough to jump on the gay marriage band wagon.

Still doesn't change the fact you fully supported a bigot in '08.

Obama was a bigot in 2008 and he stopped being a bigot in 2008. There are degrees of bigotry. Obama may have been opposed to GM in 2008 but that doesn't mean he hated gays.

Cons today not only oppose GM but also hate gays as much as they can without looking like fools. So why don't you ask cons why they support the bigots today? You are so upset at liberals voting for a bigot in 2008 that you've decided to ignore the bigotry of the RW cons in 2015.

Does it feel better to support the RW bigots while attacking the new and improved non-bigot dems in 2015? Remember, you are not scoring any political points by alienating more and more people away from your party. You just continue on your path of hatred and throw away the votes for dems to collect.

In 2010 he was for civil unions, but had not at that time came out as being pro gay marriage, so in '10 according to you guys, he would have still been a bigot.

Right, he was a "bigot" back then just as republicans are bigots and hate mongers today and continue to remain bigots for the foreseeable future. Yes, you can vote for the RWer bigots of the future now because Obama was a "bigot" in the past.

Do you also smoke cigarettes because your dad smoked cigarettes in the past? Is this how you justify smoking? Is this how one should justify their bad behavior because someone else was bad in the past?

Great logic.

More has been done under Obama for gays than under all our past Presidents combined. This stupid attempt to portray him as a bigot is laughable.

Yes, Obama.. El Patron of the homosexual lobby.... to bad he couldn't focus some efforts on the other 98% of the population.

More has been done under Obama for gays than under all our past Presidents combined. This stupid attempt to portray him as a bigot is laughable.

You guys continually refer to anyone who opposes gay marriage as being a bigot, so that makes Obama a bigot back in '08 yet you guys openly voted for him. Amazing.

Yes I agreed Obama was a bigot in 2008. He is no longer a bigot today. So therefore, you will vote for and perpetuate this bigotry in the future because Obama did it in 2008. Am I right?

Yes, Obama.. El Patron of the homosexual lobby.... to bad he couldn't focus some efforts on the other 98% of the population.

Yes he didn't focus on the other 98% of the population. He should have let you guys alone to engage in your homophobia. I am so sorry. I didn't know Obama was not focused on the economy, foreign policy, environment and domestic problems while he was playing around with the idea of GM. I am so sorry this happened.

You guys continually refer to anyone who opposes gay marriage as being a bigot, so that makes Obama a bigot back in '08 yet you guys openly voted for him. Amazing.

Yes I agreed Obama was a bigot in 2008. He is no longer a bigot today. So therefore, you will vote for and perpetuate this bigotry in the future because Obama did it in 2008. Am I right?

Good grief.... how does one "vote" to perpetuate bigotry? Are all you leftists this damn stupid? And note to self, not agreeing with something isn't bigotry.... I don't agree with people marrying relatives.... does that make me a bigot? I don't agree with abortion.. does that make me a bigot? I don't agree with capital punishment... does that make me a bigot?

Geeze.. you libs are dumber than dirt.

He was against gay marriage then, so he really wasn't qualified to be president, and not fit to represent all Americans.

Amazing how liberals could have blatantly voted for a bigot. I guess they just discovered their principles.
What's amazing is how you and most other conservatives are truly this ignorant and stupid.

Yes he didn't focus on the other 98% of the population. He should have let you guys alone to engage in your homophobia. I am so sorry. I didn't know Obama was not focused on the economy, foreign policy, environment and domestic problems while he was playing around with the idea of GM. I am so sorry this happened.

It's ok, it isn't your fault. Calm the fuck down. And btw, why do you think I'm afraid of homosexuality?

He was against gay marriage then, so he really wasn't qualified to be president, and not fit to represent all Americans.

Amazing how liberals could have blatantly voted for a bigot. I guess they just discovered their principles.
What's amazing is how you and most other conservatives are truly this ignorant and stupid.

It's called illustrating absurdity by being absurd. The point is that not supporting gay marriage doesn't make one a bigot.

Please go ahead and sue him.

Let us know how it works out for you.

Obama is incapable of change. The only reason he took a pro stance on same-sex marriage was because it presented a political opportunity. It's all about power, which is the reason he takes a stance on any issue. Same with the issues of immigration, gun-control, or "income-inequality". He merely sees millions of new votes for the Democratic Party.

Obama changed because of political opportunity? Idiot, Obama is not running for any other offices any further. So how did this present an opportunity for him? He could still today oppose GM. Why are you being so stupid at this time? Does it help you become popular by being stupid in your circle?

In '08 you voted for a bigot, however at that time it benefited Obama to be a bigot since the majority of Americans at that time were against gay marriage.
However, Obama in '12 sensed that the country had changed enough to jump on the gay marriage band wagon.

Still doesn't change the fact you fully supported a bigot in '08.

Obama was a bigot in 2008 and he stopped being a bigot in 2008. There are degrees of bigotry. Obama may have been opposed to GM in 2008 but that doesn't mean he hated gays.

Cons today not only oppose GM but also hate gays as much as they can without looking like fools. So why don't you ask cons why they support the bigots today? You are so upset at liberals voting for a bigot in 2008 that you've decided to ignore the bigotry of the RW cons in 2015.

Does it feel better to support the RW bigots while attacking the new and improved non-bigot dems in 2015? Remember, you are not scoring any political points by alienating more and more people away from your party. You just continue on your path of hatred and throw away the votes for dems to collect.

In 2010 he was for civil unions, but had not at that time came out as being pro gay marriage, so in '10 according to you guys, he would have still been a bigot.

Right, he was a "bigot" back then just as republicans are bigots and hate mongers today and continue to remain bigots for the foreseeable future. Yes, you can vote for the RWer bigots of the future now because Obama was a "bigot" in the past.

Do you also smoke cigarettes because your dad smoked cigarettes in the past? Is this how you justify smoking? Is this how one should justify their bad behavior because someone else was bad in the past?

Great logic.

You voted for a bigot in '08. I guess being a bigot isn't such a big deal.

It's amazing how you don't get it.

It's called illustrating absurdity by being absurd. The point is that not supporting gay marriage doesn't make one a bigot.

Ding ! Ding ! Ding !

Ooooops, Err, I mean shhhhhhhhh.

I always chuckle when an individual from the far right brings up racism/bigotry. It's the irony, that shakes my funny bone.

Please go ahead and sue him.

Let us know how it works out for you.

I think a gay couple should have sued him sometime between '08 and '12, I mean after all, he wasn't representing them like all the rest of us.

I always chuckle when an individual from the far right brings up racism/bigotry. It's the irony, that shakes my funny bone.

They live in their own bubble I guess. After being reminded constantly that 99% of the blacks will never vote for conservatives, the cons continue to call liberals racists. Hilarious. I guess Fox Nuse had pushed cons into their own fantasy bubbles where cons eagerly believe the lies to feel good about themselves.

He is a racist......don't forget that....

Forum List

Back