Since when do you get moved to another department when you suck at your current job?

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
This white guy at my job has been fucking up for 3 years and now they decided to demote him and give him another title where is not using a computer. So now he will just be answering the phone and I always thought if you are hired for a certain job and can't do it you are fired.

I am confused

The Peter principle is a concept in management theory formulated by educator Laurence J. Peter and published in 1969. It states that the selection of a candidate for a position is based on the candidate's performance in their current role, rather than on abilities relevant to the intended role. Thus, employees only stop being promoted once they can no longer perform effectively, and "managers rise to the level of their incompetence".

Peter principle - Wikipedia

The time and cost of hiring new employees is why a lot of companies will move an under-performing employee around to see if they can get something for their investment. Bigger companies do that, small companies usually can't tolerate a bad employee and kick them out quick.

At least he was demoted, chances are if he was govt employee he'd be moving on up

he should be moving out
how do you know he cant answer phones....

Well we will see if he can do that
Ah, hell just shut up! He COULD have been your NEW boss idiot!

I would have rather been fired. You know how embarrassing it is for everyone at the job to see u were demoted? lol

Forum List

Back