🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Since when does the Catholic Church have the right to force their religious values...

No, but I'm aware of what Catholics generally are saying about it.

So the polls are wrong, you are right. Seriously? Are you seriously this lacking in self-awareness that you can't see how ridiculous you sound?

I think the polls are skewing results to show what they want them to... in order to 'back up' Obama's lies. And, frankly, I don't care what the polls say... the Church does not create its doctrine by polls.

Fact remains, Obama promised that he would ensure this did not happen. He lied. And you might allow him to throw you under the bus.... but we won't.

Papa Obama is bringing our progressive movement closer to a social utopia.

A gov't that exists by regulation alone, yes indeed. Elections, the people, legislative process etc are highly over-rated and so...so bourgeois.

Whereas Lincoln brought these words,
"...that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
so as to remind us that those who died in the Civil war did not die in vain

Papa Obama has done the same for the US by bringing a the progressive approach to gov't,

"..this nation, under Obama, shall have a new birth of regulations and that government of the regulations, by the regulations, for the regulations, shall not perish from the earth"

file.php

Didn't the Vatican already backpedal a few years back and say to the effect "OK, the earth might be older than 6,000 years"? They eventually agreed that the earth revolved @ the sun after 1000+ years of refuting it too :) They aren't infallible ;)

Last edited:
So the polls are wrong, you are right. Seriously? Are you seriously this lacking in self-awareness that you can't see how ridiculous you sound?

I think the polls are skewing results to show what they want them to... in order to 'back up' Obama's lies. And, frankly, I don't care what the polls say... the Church does not create its doctrine by polls.

Fact remains, Obama promised that he would ensure this did not happen. He lied. And you might allow him to throw you under the bus.... but we won't.

The polls have been showing for decades that most Catholic women use birth control.

Whether individual Catholics use it or not is not the issue. They will not see the issue as that. The issue is that the Church does not. Catholics can and do differentiate between the individual and the official policy of the Church. They will - if pushed (like they are being with Obama) - support the Church's official policy, regardless of their individual choices. They will see it for what it is... an attack on our faith. And so will other faiths... because they already are seeing it that way.

You are looking at it from a very simplistic attitude. It is not a simple issue. It is not about the individuals - it is about the Church.

...on their non Catholic employees?

Churches are exempt from the ruling.

However, religious institutions that employ and serve people outside their faith -- hospitals, elementary schools, universities -- have to comply with the requirement to cover birth control if they offer health insurance coverage for employees. That means such Catholic institutions, which employ and serve wide swaths of non-Catholics across the country, will not be exempt, despite church teachings against use of contraception.

Obama Administration's New Contraception Rule Puts Key Catholic Vote at Risk

What gives the Catholic church (or any church, for that matter) the right to force their religious convictions on employees who aren't even catholic?

What happened to "If you don't like it, you can get a job somewhere else?"

No, but I'm aware of what Catholics generally are saying about it.

What are polls but devices to steer the unthinking?

A gov't that exists by regulation alone, yes indeed. Elections, the people, legislative process etc are highly over-rated and so...so bourgeois.

"...that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

Papa Obama has done the same for the US by bringing a the progressive approach to gov't,

"..this nation, under Obama, shall have a new birth of regulations and that government of the regulations, by the regulations, for the regulations, shall not perish from the earth"

file.php

Obama is already trampling on those who died for our freedoms. He banned US Forces Chaplains from reading out a letter from their Arch Bishop. I guess he doesn't have much respect for freedom of speech, or religion.

Fortunately, the forces are hearing about it. Much as Obama might want to stop that from happening.

You can see the back peddling already

Sad thing is,,,,
by the Progressives abusing regulations to push their radical and unpopular ideas
knowing that they would fail through the legislative process or voting booth

it makes the US look more, every day, like a "banana republic"

Last edited:

file.php

Obama is already trampling on those who died for our freedoms. He banned US Forces Chaplains from reading out a letter from their Arch Bishop. I guess he doesn't have much respect for freedom of speech, or religion.

Fortunately, the forces are hearing about it. Much as Obama might want to stop that from happening.
Much more offensive to me was covering the Cross when Obama spoke at Notre Dame...

file.php

Much more offensive to me was covering the Cross when Obama spoke at Notre Dame...

Yea, he is very good at offending when he thinks those people don't matter.

Yea, he is very good at offending when he thinks those people don't matter.
And I will never understand why they oblidged...

Notice how the left wants to equate real law with
fiat regulation by some gov't agency

Most of this is caused by the open ended bill of Papa Obama Care

Indeed, why not have congress make it a law or the people vote on this

Oh that is because the Left can not get their most radical ideas passed that way

right......moral of the story.....

don't allow passage of 2,000+ page congressional bills that don't get read.....

obamacare3.jpg

Isn't Newt a newly- minted, Catholic? Has he weighed-in on this? Catholic Republicans= scary bunch.

Who cares what he says? Seriously. You lose every point you make and you just keep coming back with more irrelevant junk. It makes you look somewhat mentally challenged.

Isn't Newt a newly- minted, Catholic? Has he weighed-in on this? Catholic Republicans= scary bunch.

Who cares what he says? Seriously. You lose every point you make and you just keep coming back with more irrelevant junk. It makes you look somewhat mentally challenged.

Isn't he part of your "we" & "us" & "our" statements? :eusa_eh:
More irrelevantcy. Good job at groupthink sport. "WE" aren't as you and can think for ourselves. YOU are lost.

Forum List

Back