🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Since when does the Catholic Church have the right to force their religious values...

Why is the Catholic church complying with this sort of mandate in 20 states if the Church can't comply with this sort of mandate?

Actually, what we want is for the Government to honor the promise it made to the Church. They want insurance companies to be allowed to offer policies that do not cover contraception. Choice. That's what the left are all supportive of, is it not? We want choice. Just like you have. We have a right to choose too. Unless it is "Freedom for me, but not for thee"... which does seem to be the liberal mantra.

Suddenly the most anti-choice institution in America wants to play the choice card.

Un be lie va ble.

Unlike others, we hold people to their commitments. Your asshole in the Oval made the promise, he will deliver it. End of.

You toss around that 'we' word as if a whole bunch of people appointed you their spokesman?

Did they?

What if the Catholic Church suddenly decides that their faith opposes the minimum wage?

Do they automatically become exempt from paying it?

BINGO!!! They need to quit braying and offer the same plans that everyone else does.

...on their non Catholic employees?

Churches are exempt from the ruling.

However, religious institutions that employ and serve people outside their faith -- hospitals, elementary schools, universities -- have to comply with the requirement to cover birth control if they offer health insurance coverage for employees. That means such Catholic institutions, which employ and serve wide swaths of non-Catholics across the country, will not be exempt, despite church teachings against use of contraception.

Obama Administration's New Contraception Rule Puts Key Catholic Vote at Risk

What gives the Catholic church (or any church, for that matter) the right to force their religious convictions on employees who aren't even catholic?

separation of church & state goes both ways. What right does the Government have to compel the Church to do something against its own moral teachings?

The right to regulate business. If the Church wants to run businesses, they have to check their peculiar dogma at the door.

Suddenly the most anti-choice institution in America wants to play the choice card.

Un be lie va ble.

Unlike others, we hold people to their commitments. Your asshole in the Oval made the promise, he will deliver it. End of.

You toss around that 'we' word as if a whole bunch of people appointed you their spokesman?

Did they?

Her? :lol: I said the same thing after seeing her type out posts w/ "we" & "our" :cuckoo: LOL

What if the Catholic Church suddenly decides that their faith opposes the minimum wage?

BINGO!!! They need to quit braying and offer the same plans that everyone else does.

They already comply with similar rules in 20 states. They are lying through their pointy hats when they say this is impossible to comply with.

Un be lie va ble.

Did they?

No, but I'm aware of what Catholics generally are saying about it.

Did they?

Her? :lol: I said the same thing after seeing her type out posts w/ "we" & "our" :cuckoo: LOL

She has problems. Did you know she claims to have a master's degree from Oxford University?

They already comply with similar rules in 20 states. They are lying through their pointy hats when they say this is impossible to comply with.

they're exempt in massachusetts

They got 1/2 of the cake already & they want the other 1/2 too? :eusa_eh: Who do they think they are? Commercial bankers in NY? :lol:

Did they?

So the polls are wrong, you are right. Seriously? Are you seriously this lacking in self-awareness that you can't see how ridiculous you sound?

they're exempt in massachusetts

I suspect the same is true in other states. The left are often disingenuous when presenting their 'argument'.

Did they?

She has problems. Did you know she claims to have a master's degree from Oxford University?

IF she does, they must hand them out like gum-drops now. ;) She used to type "I shall go to do my laundry now" or some such nonsense & now she doesn't do it anymore. One doesn't lose an accent over a period of months. :eusa_whistle:

Notice how the left wants to equate real law with
fiat regulation by some gov't agency

Most of this is caused by the open ended bill of Papa Obama Care

Indeed, why not have congress make it a law or the people vote on this

Oh that is because the Left can not get their most radical ideas passed that way

Did they?

So the polls are wrong, you are right. Seriously? Are you seriously this lacking in self-awareness that you can't see how ridiculous you sound?

I think the polls are skewing results to show what they want them to... in order to 'back up' Obama's lies. And, frankly, I don't care what the polls say... the Church does not create its doctrine by polls.

Fact remains, Obama promised that he would ensure this did not happen. He lied. And you might allow him to throw you under the bus.... but we won't.

IF she does, they must hand them out like gum-drops now. ;) She used to type "I shall go to do my laundry now" or some such nonsense & now she doesn't do it anymore. One doesn't lose an accent over a period of months. :eusa_whistle:

She also used to say that namecalling was the sign of a lost argument.:lol:

I think the polls are skewing results to show what they want them to... in order to 'back up' Obama's lies. And, frankly, I don't care what the polls say... the Church does not create its doctrine by polls.

Fact remains, Obama promised that he would ensure this did not happen. He lied. And you might allow him to throw you under the bus.... but we won't.

The polls have been showing for decades that most Catholic women use birth control.

Forum List

Back