Sinéad O’Connor, acclaimed Irish singer, dead at 56

Very sad. She had a lovely voice.

RIP, Sinead.

RIP Sinead O'Connor. :(

"It is unclear how O’Connor died. However, a social media post by the singer on Tuesday suggests that she may have taken her own life. Referring to the death of her 17-year-old son Shane by suicide last year, she said that she had “been living as [an] undead night creature since. He was the love of my life, the lamp of my soul.”

with her son....together now

IuCioSv.png

I haven't been able to determine exactly what Sinead O'Connor's cause of death was but it was just days after her son committed suicide. Sinead suffered from mental illness and I'm wondering if her pain and suffering caused her to follow in her son's footsteps. She was only 56 years old and the mother of 4.

Sinéad O'Connor Dead at 56​

She was an artist's artist, enormously respected by her peers.

The videos posted just begin to scratch the surface of her work.

I haven't been able to determine exactly what Sinead O'Connor's cause of death was but it was just days after her son committed suicide. Sinead suffered from mental illness and I'm wondering if her pain and suffering caused her to follow in her son's footsteps. She was only 56 years old and the mother of 4.

Beautiful talent.

It's so sad. I remember seeing an interview of her- Dr. Phil? Can't remember right off. I was struck by the sadness she lived with and the tragedy of her existence. I'd not cared for her before, but I was really sympathetic after I listened to some of her story.

Beautiful talent.

It's so sad. I remember seeing an interview of her- Dr. Phil? Can't remember right off. I was struck by the sadness she lived with and the tragedy of her existence. I'd not cared for her before, but I was really sympathetic after I listened to some of her story.
I was always touched by the song I posted in the OP. She was one of those people who put her all into a relationship, and it crushed her when it ended. It's truly not healthy to get that deeply infatuated with someone, but I could relate to that depth of love followed by that depth of pain.

I saw her on her first American tour before she became famous for the Prince song "Nothing Compares 2 You".

She was much harder edged then, with more of a punk attitude and had an absolutely amazing voice!

He son's suicide was like a year and a half ago, but yea, that is probably the route she took out too given her grief and bipolar disorder.

He son's suicide was like a year and a half ago, but yea, that is probably the route she took out too given her grief and bipolar disorder.
Oh. I had just read an article about her being admitted into the hospital just days after her son took his life. I mixed that up with her actual death. My bad.

Oh. I had just read an article about her being admitted into the hospital just days after her son took his life. I mixed that up with her actual death. My bad.

No biggie. She had made some grief filled social media posts about him in the past few days according to some stories I have read. Either way, I really have no issue with her checking out if life was that miserable for her if that is what happened.

No biggie. She had made some grief filled social media posts about him in the past few days according to some stories I have read. Either way, I really have no issue with her checking out if life was that miserable for her if that is what happened.
The only issue I have with her taking her own life (allegedly) is that she left her family, friends, and fans with the pain of her loss. Folks may see that as incredibly self-centered and lacking compassion for the folks in her life.

Forum List

Back