Sinéad O’Connor, acclaimed Irish singer, dead at 56

The only issue I have with her taking her own life (allegedly) is that she left her family, friends, and fans with the pain of her loss. Folks may see that as incredibly self-centered and lacking compassion for the folks in her life.

Perhaps but other folks could see it as incredibly self-centered and lacking compassion to expect someone else to continue to live a completely miserable existence just so those folks could be spared the feels for a brief period. Perspectives vary.

Wow, that's way too young.
By all accounts that I have read/ heard, she was an immensely unhappy person. Maybe she is at peace now.
She was my age. Given the health problems I've had since January (amputation of all the toes on my right foot), heart attack, stroke, and worst of all a severe concussion from a fall that I still haven't recovered fully from
I'm sensitive to people in my age frame cashing in.

She was a very troubled and self centered individual

A homosexual who hated the white culture (Christianity) who converted to Islam which is not tolerant of homosexuality, but chose the safety of the white, Christian culture that she despised.

No wonder her son committed suicide and her as well (unless someone can tell me different).

Leftwing claptrap revisionist history.

I lived through this.

O'Conner was vehemently pro-abortion, had had two abortions and led pro-abortion marches.

Abortion was completely illegal in Ireland, mostly due to the influence of Catholics and the Catholic Church.

Try an article actually written in 1992...

"O'Connor has been critical of the Roman Catholic Church's stand on abortion and led a pro-choice march through her native Dublin earlier this year."

She was abused by her mother...according to her...not the Catholic Church.

Leftwing claptrap revisionist history.

I lived through this.

O'Conner was vehemently pro-abortion, had had two abortions and led pro-abortion marches.

Abortion was completely illegal in Ireland, mostly due to the influence of Catholics and the Catholic Church.

Try an article actually written in 1992...

"O'Connor has been critical of the Roman Catholic Church's stand on abortion and led a pro-choice march through her native Dublin earlier this year."

She was abused by her mother...according to her...not the Catholic Church.

I would also suspect that the way she brought up her son had something to do with him committing suicide. Se wasn't one of the most stable geniuses in the wold, and suffering from depression, bipolar disorder, and what she called 'PTSD."

RIP Sinead O'Connor. :(

"It is unclear how O’Connor died. However, a social media post by the singer on Tuesday suggests that she may have taken her own life. Referring to the death of her 17-year-old son Shane by suicide last year, she said that she had “been living as [an] undead night creature since. He was the love of my life, the lamp of my soul.”

with her son....together now

IuCioSv.png
Uncanny resemblance.

Another song I like that I didn't know she was in.
Damn.
I thought I was the only one that liked that group.
Didn't realize she was the female singer in that song and I own the damn CD.
Lol.
I was familiar with the The The (dang, three the's in a row) connection at the time, that powerful belting out of "I just wanted somebody to posseeeeeeess, this young girrrrrrrl," so Sinead.

Learned of the Sinead being the female voice in that Peter Gabriel collaboration much later (and surprised of the existence of a music video for the song, as it was more of an album tract here)

She tore up a picture of the Pope on "Saturday Night Live" and trashed the Catholic church. She was a hater.
Anybody who suffered the shit she did at the hands of the church would understand. The church is not all bad, and truth be known, most of my best friends have been raised Catholic. She was protesting all the crap that the church has allowed to happen and covered up to uphold their Holy image. Like most liberal "artists", she was overly dramatic yet highly cryptic about making her point. Nobody got it right away and that was HER fault, for not simply speaking her mind about it coherently on a morning talk show...and instead making some artistic innuendo about it while performing.

Sinead was fucked up....but it wasn't all her fault. She didn't play the diva goddess like so many trash-hoes like Madonna do. She was more of a straight-up human being who didn't pretend to be anything she wasn't. I never liked her music much, but in recent years I learned to respect her for being real, unadulterated and humble.

Perhaps but other folks could see it as incredibly self-centered and lacking compassion to expect someone else to continue to live a completely miserable existence just so those folks could be spared the feels for a brief period. Perspectives vary.
Possibly. But all of us have been through some tough times. I've personally been in deep states of depression in years gone by. Fortunately, it was temporary. In any event, it's now a moot point where O'Connor is concerned.

Anybody who suffered the shit she did at the hands of the church would understand. The church is not all bad, and truth be known, most of my best friends have been raised Catholic. She was protesting all the crap that the church has allowed to happen and covered up to uphold their Holy image. Like most liberal "artists", she was overly dramatic yet highly cryptic about making her point. Nobody got it right away and that was HER fault, for not simply speaking her mind about it coherently on a morning talk show...and instead making some artistic innuendo about it while performing.

Sinead was fucked up....but it wasn't all her fault. She didn't play the diva goddess like so many trash-hoes like Madonna do. She was more of a straight-up human being who didn't pretend to be anything she wasn't. I never liked her music much, but in recent years I learned to respect her for being real, unadulterated and humble.
She embraced the Muslim faith which is a religion of hate.

Forum List

Back