🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sites that use the recaptcha "select all boxes" of a traffic light, fire hydrant or such suck just to login.

metalwolf

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2020
Seriously,i have done those just to login to a site, and i often have to go through 3 or 4 boxes just to login.

Wut

i mean like this.

J5djxQs.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are most often on pirate websites. Are you streaming content illegally? My dad is in the FBI. I'm telling.

Seriously,i have done those just to login to a site, and i often have to go through 3 or 4 boxes just to login.
You're providing a service to the web site, you're teaching computers to understand and interpret images.

My experience with these is that they very often contain several images that are of such unimaginably poor quality that it is impossible to discern whether they do or do not contain the objects you're supposed to be selecting. Very frustrating to try to get past them.

And sometimes, they are ambiguous, even if you can tell what the image contains. Does a bus count as a truck? Does a ship count as a boat?

It's difficult to tell, but the image in the lower left appears to be either a pickup truck or an SUV. Does that count as a car? And what what is in that image in the center? The quality is so poor that you cannot tell what it may or may not be. It could be a car, or it could be something that is nothing like a car. And lower center, looks like it could be a corner of a bus, or it could be a building. If it's a bus, does that count as a car?

Last edited:
Those are most often on pirate websites. Are you streaming content illegally? My dad is in the FBI. I'm telling.

Nope, but they are also on some furry websites and some video game websites as well.

I hate those things. Audible started doing that for ANY use of the site, even just checking titles. Couldn't buy anything without doing it again. I complained and they said there was "nothing they could do," but in fact they took that off my log-in immediately. I may start backing out of sites that do that. It's customer abuse.

My experience with these is that they very often contain several images that are of such unimaginably poor quality that it is impossible to discern whether they do or do not contain the objects you're supposed to be selecting. Very frustrating to try to get past them.

And sometimes, they are ambiguous, even if you can tell what the image contains. Does a bus count as a truck? Does a ship count as a boat?

It's difficult to tell, but the image in the lower left appears to be either a pickup truck or an SUV. Does that count as a car? And what what is in that image in the center? The quality is so poor that you cannot tell what it may or may not be. It could be a car, or it could be something that is nothing like a car. And lower center, looks like it could be a corner of a bus, or it could be a building. If it's a bus, does that count as a car?

Yup.

Like the ones that say to select the images of traffic lights.

Do they mean the area around where the green/yellow/red lights are or do they mean the poles holding the traffic lights as well?

Why does this feel like Karen calling the cops on Black people who are just having a party and not doing anything bad?

Forum List

Back