Skynet has spoken

Mostly it's just a bunch of bots and funded shills talking to each other.

Not a whole lot different than this place at the crack of dawn on a week day. :lmao:

But that is what the AI is actually measuring. :badgrin:
:rolleyes: so you have looked at the code?
AI system finds Trump will win the White House and is more popular than Obama in 2008
MogIA was developed by Sanjiv Rai, founder of Indian start-up Genic.ai. It takes in 20 million data points from public platforms including Google, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube in the U.S. and then analyzes the information to create predictions.

The AI system was created in 2004, so it has been getting smarter all the time. It had already correctly predicted the results of the Democratic and Republican Primaries.

Data such as engagement with tweets or Facebook Live videos have been taken into account. The result is that Trump has overtaken the engagement numbers of Barack Obama's peak in 2008 — the year he was elected president — by 25 percent.

You obviously dont know what the hell you are talking about, once again.

Mostly it's just a bunch of bots and funded shills talking to each other.

No, dude, that is not what artificial intelligence is.

Good Gawd.

I'm aware.

If that were the case it would show Hilly winning

Not necessarily. The article even stated that the AI could not parse out sentiment.

Thus, controlled agitation on digital means could be bringing up Trump topics, only b/c there is interest, only to have folks collectively bitch about him.

We shall see.

Though, I have to say, I am inclined to agree with you both. I did check FB several times through out the election, and Trump's page had more interaction, not only that, it was always more positive than Hillary's page.

If that were the case it would show Hilly winning
It amazes me that so few people have any actual concept of how AI works.

IT stores "data points" that it uses to weight various possible decisions and based on the results of what it gets when it uses one combination of data points vrs others it reweights the data points on an ongoing basis, which is a computers way of "learning".

To simplify it as merely counting up social media is as simplistic as describing a jet aircraft as a glorified cart.

:rolleyes: so you have looked at the code?
AI system finds Trump will win the White House and is more popular than Obama in 2008
MogIA was developed by Sanjiv Rai, founder of Indian start-up Genic.ai. It takes in 20 million data points from public platforms including Google, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube in the U.S. and then analyzes the information to create predictions.

The AI system was created in 2004, so it has been getting smarter all the time. It had already correctly predicted the results of the Democratic and Republican Primaries.

Data such as engagement with tweets or Facebook Live videos have been taken into account. The result is that Trump has overtaken the engagement numbers of Barack Obama's peak in 2008 — the year he was elected president — by 25 percent.

You obviously dont know what the hell you are talking about, once again.

You know Jim, I like you, but you are becoming as nasty as the zombie Hillary supporters.

Not necessarily. The article even stated that the AI could not parse out sentiment.
Thus, controlled agitation on digital means could be bringing up Trump topics, only b/c there is interest, only to have folks collectively bitch about him.
The AI has been adjusting for such things since 2004, learning from every election what indicators are more important and which are not.

It is not simply counting posts on FB and the like.

You know Jim, I like you, but you are becoming as nasty as the zombie Hillary supporters.
I apologize for being too direct. My Aspergers causes me to over react at times.

But I have a hard time dealing with things like people totally mischaractarising a subject that I know a little bit about.

The AI has been adjusting for such things since 2004, learning from every election what indicators are more important and which are not.

It is not simply counting posts on FB and the like.
Okay, I'll trust you on that. Data aggregation, metadata analysis, and the SoA in Comp. Processing is not my expertise.

After all, that article WAS posted on CNBC of all places. Why the hell would they want to dispirit all the SJW's? :lmao:

The computer only said Trump would win because he grabbed her by the terabytes.

Okay, I'll trust you on that. Data aggregation, metadata analysis, and the SoA in Comp. Processing is not my expertise.
OK, you show you know the buzzwords at least, so why are you being.....difficult?
I am, by nature, skeptical of anything printed in corporate media.

If this had come out of the alternative media, I would be a bit more easy on it.

I am glad you are here with your expertise.

Thanks.

Forum List

Back