Smart White Woman that Adopted Transracially

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
I am not too enthused about trans racial adoption but I understand the need for it. Seeing white women like this actually gives me some hope that some white people actually get the different challenges Black children will face when growing up. This women was really intelligent in handling this dynamic she admits she knows very little about.

HuffPost Live

Trans-racial adoption is unfair on the child because everyone knows they are adopted, including the child when they begin to understand that the colour of their skin indicates that they aren't their parents' biological offspring. This will lead to confusion, identities issues, suspicion held against their parents' biological kin and will be a huge emotional and psychological burden at such a young age.

At least the kid has a way better chance at success now.
i agree. Once she got some Black mentors she upped her chances of raising the kids to be successful.

Do you feel the same way about other variations of trans racial adoptions?
Depends on the degree the child faces racism from society in general. For an opposite example if a white child was adopted by say a Black family it would not bother me as much at all. The socialization that goes on in our society would not affect a white child the way it affects a Black child. I have a white god daughter and no matter how much time she spends with me and my family the media tells her she is accepted and good because she is white with blonde hair and green eyes.

They run out of black folks to adopt black kids?

No. White women love things that are chocolate so they adopt Black children or hunt down Black guys.
What planet is that on?
What planet are you on?
I asked first. :D
You dont know what planet you are on? :dunno:
Stop sniffing that paint.
Doesn't seem like you do first.

No. White women love things that are chocolate so they adopt Black children or hunt down Black guys.
What planet is that on?
What planet are you on?
I asked first. :D
You dont know what planet you are on? :dunno:
Stop sniffing that paint.
Doesn't seem like you do first.
Speak english not monkey. What do you mean by that sentence?

I gotta tell you, 50 year old white men look like they're 75, but 75 year old black men look like they're 50. :biggrin:

I went to see Buddy Guy a couple of years ago, and he looks closer to 50. He's 78 years old.

Buddy_9960.jpg

I gotta tell you, 50 year old white men look like they're 75, but 75 year old black men look like they're 50. :biggrin:

I went to see Buddy Guy a couple of years ago, and he looks closer to 50. He's 78 years old.

Buddy_9960.jpg

My god daughter used to cry when her parents would take her home after work when she was little. She thought I was made out of chocolate and didnt want to leave. :laugh:

Buddy_9960.jpg

My god daughter used to cry when her parents would take her home after work when she was little. She thought I was made out of chocolate and didnt want to leave. :laugh:

That's cute! :p

I am not too enthused about trans racial adoption but I understand the need for it. Seeing white women like this actually gives me some hope that some white people actually get the different challenges Black children will face when growing up. This women was really intelligent in handling this dynamic she admits she knows very little about.

HuffPost Live

Smart?

Forum List

Back