Smart White Woman that Adopted Transracially

I am not too enthused about trans racial adoption but I understand the need for it. Seeing white women like this actually gives me some hope that some white people actually get the different challenges Black children will face when growing up. This women was really intelligent in handling this dynamic she admits she knows very little about.

HuffPost Live

Smart?

I didnt want to confuse anyone with the word intelligent. Some people can only handle one syllable words.

At least the kid has a way better chance at success now.
i agree. Once she got some Black mentors she upped her chances of raising the kids to be successful.

I wonder if she knew how much racism she'd have to deal with or if she's just learning all this as she goes? I suspect she knew there would be some racism, but didn't realize just how much.

I think she doing the right thing, and putting the children first. I'm all for it.

At least the kid has a way better chance at success now.
i agree. Once she got some Black mentors she upped her chances of raising the kids to be successful.

I wonder if she knew how much racism she'd have to deal with or if she's just learning all this as she goes? I suspect she knew there would be some racism, but didn't realize just how much.

I think she doing the right thing, and putting the children first. I'm all for it.
Most people dont really see it until they have to deal with it intimately. I used to date this one lady that went off on a cop that pulled us over for nothing. I was driving her corvette and the first thing the cop did after pulling us over was ask her if she was OK. Most white people dont experience this stuff enough to see the pattern so it comes as a shock when they view the world through our eyes.

She is doing the right thing. Hopefully her mentors are empowering the kids instead of making a victim of them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back