Smith's patience has expired.

He never lost his clearance after he left the White House until he was indicted. So he can’t be guilty of unauthorized possession of classified documents. You would have to try to get him under the presidential records act, which is not even a criminal statute.

Even if it were in the soul case, that is a precedent, the court ruled that a president is the sole authority on what is personal and what is not, as he leaves office.

So now, after arguing that Smith was right to say that the presidential records act had nothing to do with Trump’s case. Now you say, the presidential records act was what he violated.

Trump lost his security clearance the moment he left the White House, and Biden has refused to renew it - something that has never happened in US history.

Trump handed over Isreali Top Secret material to the Russian Ambassador in the Oval Office, and flashed high level documents to reporters to show how "cool" he was, after he left office.

Trump stole top secret files from the White House in January of 2021, and in late October we have this report:

And then in July of 2024, Trump had to take millions out of his company account to pay his personal income taxes on his "overseas income" since he left office:

So Trump steals Top Secret documents and suddenly the CIA is having their agents killed or disappeared, and Trump has money coming in from all over the world.

Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

Trump is no longer part of the government and the current government’s opinion is that those are government documents, not personal documents.
Again, "the government" doesn't have opinions.
You didn’t read the entirety of the ruling because it never said that decisions about what is personal (if Trump did make such a determination, which we do not know at this time), is not subject to judicial review.
Everything is subject to judicial review. Clinton's deciding that what most peopel would see as obviously a presidential record was a personal record, was reviewed by a court that ruled that it was his decision as president.
The law does not say that personal records are whatever the president says they are. In fact, the law defines what is and isn’t a personal record.
Case law says exactly that, as I posted.
Even you must admit that by the definitions provided by the law, it’s absurd to think highly classified DoD documents could be considered personal.
But it doesn't matter what you or I think.

If that case is not superceded by a higher court ruling, or by a change in the law, Biden will determine what is personal and what is presidential as he leaves office.

Even if he is impeached, he will decide that.

Where is the law or case that says he has to "state anywhere" that documents he sent to his home were personal? The PRA names the president as the person to make the determination of whether a record is personal or presidential and it doesn't specify how he has to state that.

The President cannot decide that Top Secret national security documents are "personal", and that's the idiocy of Judge Cannon's request for jury instructions. The PRA is not applicable here. Only the Espionage Act applies, and that's the basis of the DA's charges.

The President cannot decide that Top Secret national security documents are "personal", and that's the idiocy of Judge Cannon's request for jury instructions. The PRA is not applicable here. Only the Espionage Act applies, and that's the basis of the DA's charges.
Not if he had declassified them.

It was the original post you couldn't refute. I only posted my concurrence. And it's not a conspiracy theory if we're watching it happen, and can read the filings.

So now you're trying to pretend you understood what we were saying. I'm not buying it, because you still haven't refuted anything the OP stated.

You made no meaningful post. You decided to enter the thread with a silly conspiracy theory.

Why don't you pass on the depth of your training in the law and a'splain us as to the legal definitions of the ''sly underhanded bullshit Trump is trying to pull here''? What is the US Code covering ''sly underhanded bullshit''?

Again, "the government" doesn't have opinions.
They absolutely do. For instance, the government believes Trump committed a felony.
Everything is subject to judicial review. Clinton's deciding that what most peopel would see as obviously a presidential record was a personal record, was reviewed by a court that ruled that it was his decision as president.
Then the courts can review whether Trump’s documents are personal or presidential. Which is bad, because the definitions from the law clearly indicate these are not personal documents.
Case law says exactly that, as I posted.
Not exactly. The case was decided on different grounds.
But it doesn't matter what you or I think.

If that case is not superceded by a higher court ruling, or by a change in the law, Biden will determine what is personal and what is presidential as he leaves office.

Even if he is impeached, he will decide that
You don’t want to think.

It was the original post you couldn't refute. I only posted my concurrence. And it's not a conspiracy theory if we're watching it happen, and can read the filings.

So now you're trying to pretend you understood what we were saying. I'm not buying it, because you still haven't refuted anything the OP stated.

The original post was a cut and paste opinion. I’m not going to refute a cut and paste article when the author is not available to defend it.

So now you are trying to pretend you have any knowledge of what the OP was about?

It is not Cannon’s job to brainstorm defenses for Trump.

Post 311 does not explain how a highly classified DoD document could be personal.

The reason you cant explain it is because it is an absurdity. There’s nothing personal about military documents. There is no basis for this in law or fact.
Part of the problem is that we don’t know what the document is, smith is claiming that, but in reality it’s a birthday card from North Korea

Forum List

Back