SNAP (food stamps) should be restricted to rice, flour, rolled oats, and sugar

Don't gimme any crap about how poor people need a balanced diet. As it is these snappers spend all this money on junk food. A diet of staples will be better for them. And MUCH cheaper for the taxpayers. Eating just those 4 staples, a person can live on a dollar a day.

Yeah, keep the poor sedated and then they can't rise up.
Unfortunately, the reality is that many are sedating themselves or most times in a drug induced haze.

what about prostitutes?
Prostitutes do not, as a rule, take food stamps...
wink_smile.gif

Those that do, well...

"Avoid the clap" - Jimmy Dugan
tongue_smile.gif

Your expertise????:eek-52:
Don't try to be clever, Sparky... you'll blow a gasket...

:lol: but you posted with such authority on the matter:poke:
Go dry-hump somebody else's pants-cuff, little poodle...

But those are only complex carbohydrates. Do you think you can live eating only carbs? Not for long. The nutritional value of rice and oats is virtually nill. The nutritional content of fruits, vegetable and meats dwarf what you'll get from rice or fucking oatmeal. They need to learn how to cook and they need to be educated on what real food is, processed food and what healthy food actually is. I've seen several programs on this very issue, and one commonality among the poor is they are totally clueless about food and nutrition. Most Americans in general are clueless, actually.
Progressives want to be fed by a nanny… Otherwise known as the federal government. Fact

Honestly, the government isn't a very good source for nutritional advice. Take the ridiculous food pyramid, for example. But, the poor do need help in this area, and that's an understatement.

Yeah, definitely an education thing. I was lucky, I grew up in a modest upbringing so Mom always cooked. We never ate prepared... an you ate leftovers, till they were all gone! I developed a fondness for cooking for which I am eternally grateful.
I started eating microwave food in 1988. No microwave for first 18 years.

And when we went out we didn't have a phone to take with us. I didn't have a cellphone for my first 25 years of my life. Hard to imagine

I know... I actually went to the store the other day and realized I had left my cell at home. It thought about going back to get it and then it was..WTF???? REALLY?

I can survive a trip to the grocery without the damn phone. Guess what? I did.
I'm forever leaving the cell phone behind. At home. In the car.

There have been times I haven't checked the thing in a week.

Food stamps should be used for meat, veggies, milk, dry goods and eggs and that's it.

I've seem people in 7-11 grab every junk food you can think of and soda and pay for it with their handy dandy EBT card. Nothing nutritional about anything they bought with tax payer dollars.

Hell I watched a woman in Wal-Mart show up at the customer service counter with a full cart of groceries. She turned that full cart in. Wal-Mart couldn't put the money back on her EBT card so they gave her a Wal-Mart card and she took it and went shopping. Way to use our tax dollars. Talk about freeloaders.

The Fed and State Govts. should allocate Food Stamps for just what I named and nothing else.
Went to the local seafood store for a bushel of steamed crabs.

Sign on the door. We accept EBT.

$130. For a bushel.

Don't gimme any crap about how poor people need a balanced diet. As it is these snappers spend all this money on junk food. A diet of staples will be better for them. And MUCH cheaper for the taxpayers. Eating just those 4 staples, a person can live on a dollar a day.
No beans, no milk, no meat?

You're straight out of a Dickens novel.
Please, sir. May I have some more?
Hey I lived on Ramen noodles for a few years and I turned out just fine

Eating ramen every meal for a year would cost about only $140.

Although it began as a luxury food, instant ramen has taken quite a turn since then. With the average packet costing a consumer only 13 cents, you could eat three square meals a day for an entire year for just $142.65. To put that into perspective, an average American spends $6,372 a year on food — eating ramen would reduce that to about 3 percent of the average cost. Due to its affordability, ramen is often called “gakusei ryori,” or “student food,” in Japan, and start-ups earning just enough for the founders to survive are known to be “ramen profitable.”

Ah yes, how healthy. Eat a high sodium low nutritional meal three times a day every day for a year... and then have to spend thousands of dollars a year for high blood pressure care and other poor health conditions. That makes a ton of sense!

Although it began as a luxury food, instant ramen has taken quite a turn since then. With the average packet costing a consumer only 13 cents, you could eat three square meals a day for an entire year for just $142.65. To put that into perspective, an average American spends $6,372 a year on food — eating ramen would reduce that to about 3 percent of the average cost. Due to its affordability, ramen is often called “gakusei ryori,” or “student food,” in Japan, and start-ups earning just enough for the founders to survive are known to be “ramen profitable.”

Ah yes, how healthy. Eat a high sodium low nutritional meal three times a day every day for a year... and then have to spend thousands of dollars a year for high blood pressure care and other poor health conditions. That makes a ton of sense!
bull

I was eating Ramen all the time and still working out, going to school and working a full time job

You can do anything for a short period of time and come out the other side stronger than when you started

You left off meat

We could make poor people eat Road Kill

Just look at the thread title. The idiot wants sugar to be a main source of nutrition. Sugar and carbs. And one goof ball thinks that because he ate lots of oddles of noodles in college that diet must be OK.

Open some real grocery stores in poor neighborhoods so they don't have to buy junk food at the convenience store.

Then starve...

Open some real grocery stores in poor neighborhoods so they don't have to buy junk food at the convenience store.
Stop robbing them....

Not everyone knows how to cook from scratch & wouldn't have the first clue what to do with basic staple ingredients. A person can not only survive on rice & beans, but even thrive. But it does get old fast without variety. Meats & fruits & veggies are necessary too
Here we offer free cooking lessons to SNAP clients, and our bigger farmers markets accept SNAP and sell "seconds" (misshapen veggies, slightly bruised fruit, etc.) at big discounts. If you can't afford to buy a bag of oranges, almost everyone can afford a can of oj concentrate. Eggs are cheap protein. People don't have their teeth fall out from scurvy anymore, so we must be doing something right.

I think the list should go beyond that. Like eggs, basic meats and milk for example. But should definitely be limited. Pisses me off knowing they can get rib eyes, lobster and Sprite. Alot of people not on food stamps cant even afford that shit!
Not to mention trading 200 bucks of food stamps for 50 hydros..
Its bullshit. Total fucking bullshit.
Do it like WIC and give them a fucking check list and require signatures and be done with it.

Stop robbing them....
Accept only plastic (including SNAP). I don't know what to do about the shoplifting, though.

Forum List

Back