SNAP (food stamps) should be restricted to rice, flour, rolled oats, and sugar

o let me know where i can get 50 oxies for 200 bucks....i could be all over that...i would expect a cash discount

Food stamps should be used for meat, veggies, milk, dry goods and eggs and that's it.

I've seem people in 7-11 grab every junk food you can think of and soda and pay for it with their handy dandy EBT card. Nothing nutritional about anything they bought with tax payer dollars.

Hell I watched a woman in Wal-Mart show up at the customer service counter with a full cart of groceries. She turned that full cart in. Wal-Mart couldn't put the money back on her EBT card so they gave her a Wal-Mart card and she took it and went shopping. Way to use our tax dollars. Talk about freeloaders.

The Fed and State Govts. should allocate Food Stamps for just what I named and nothing else.
Went to the local seafood store for a bushel of steamed crabs.

Sign on the door. We accept EBT.

$130. For a bushel.
Whose fault do you think it is that expensive seafood or steaks can be purchased with EBT cards? Do you think a bunch of poor people are wandering around the halls of Congress lobbying against reform that would place limits on the foods available from the food assistance programs?
It is the food industry, the producers, and sellers that lobby the halls of Congress and insist that all manner of food, no matter how expensive or unhealthy be available.
It should be noted that a program exists and has been used for years called the WIC program. It is a program that marks on the package and lists certain specific foods and brand foods that can be purchased by pregnant women and woman with infant children. It forces the consumer to make healthy and limited choices with health a priority, and hence, contributes to lower healthcare cost.

The problem with our society is that poor people don't suffer enough

If you make it too easy to be poor, they will never want to study hard and become CEOs

If you make it too easy to be poor, they will never want to study hard and become CEOs

If you make it to easy they will never want to get off Welfare and get a job. Why should they when someone else is paying their bills for them.

We have loads of freeloaders in America and you can bet most of them like it just fine.

If you make it to easy they will never want to get off Welfare and get a job. Why should they when someone else is paying their bills for them.

We have loads of freeloaders in America and you can bet most of them like it just fine.
One of our customers quit his job when his wife died. After all the food stamps, gas money, daycare and welfare checks, he was actually going to make MORE. No shit. And he had a full time job with a county highway dept..

One of our customers quit his job when his wife died. After all the food stamps, gas money, daycare and welfare checks, he was actually going to make MORE. No shit. And he had a full time job with a county highway dept..

Oh I see it all the time.

Some woman on welfare with a pack of kids. She has a man living with her and keeps having kids. The more kids the more money we taxpayer pony up for her.

Of course the kids fathers don't support their kids. We tax payer do. She never has to work because, hey, she's got kids she needs to take care of.

Loads of freeloaders in this country. People who play the system and will never have to get a job.

The "food stamp" debate and discussion is a wedge issue used by Republicans to rile up the uneducated and easily misguided to be deflected from real issues and forced to concentrate and prioritize a senseless, useless issue. It is based on the misconception that the main recipients are healthy adults using the system to freeload.The reality is that the program is mostly used by children, senior citizens, and minimum wage workers trying to survive and support a family and that it reduces overall welfare cost by preventing health care cost. A child or senior in need of a week or more stay in a hospital with a nutritional health issue such as pneumonia can cost tens of thousands of dollars. That versus a small monthly food budget to give them a viable immune system.

The "food stamp" debate and discussion in a wedge issue used by Republicans to rile up the uneducated and easily misguided to be deflected from real issues and forced to concentrate and prioritize a senseless, useless issue. It is based on the misconception that the main recipients are healthy adults using the system to freeload.The reality is that the program is mostly used by children, senior citizens, and minimum wage workers trying to survive and support a family and that it reduces overall welfare cost by preventing health care cost. A child or senior in need of a week or more stay in a hospital with a nutritional health issue such as pneumonia can cost tens of thousands of dollars. That versus a small monthly food budget to give them a viable immune system.
I don't think most are abusing it or able bodied. But I also realize we are talking ALOT of people.

A lot of young moms have figured that out--if they go to work at a minimum wage job they lose their medical, their rent assistance, their heating help, their daycare ... and it loses them a LOT of money. I know how a lot of these folks live, and they do not live "easy," it is not "fun," and I can tell from the posts here that those of you condemning these welfare recipients have never actually been on it or know anything about what it's like to end the month with not a single dollar to your name and kids to feed for another four or five days. Or a toddler who needs diapers or a big pile of dirty clothes that need to go to laundromat, or not enough gas to get to the welfare office for your mandatory three month appointment. LIFE SUCKS being poor, guys.

I like the idea of making SNAP benefits more in line with WIC, as far as purchasing nutritious foods. Actually, from my job in the grocery store when I was in college, I thought SNAP already was. I remember checking a list to see if some foods were included--maybe I'm thinking of WIC. I know it didn't include high sugar cereals like Captain Crunch, so in the food pantry donations everyone should include their favorite high sugar cereal as a treat for the kids!

The "food stamp" debate and discussion in a wedge issue used by Republicans to rile up the uneducated and easily misguided to be deflected from real issues and forced to concentrate and prioritize a senseless, useless issue. It is based on the misconception that the main recipients are healthy adults using the system to freeload.The reality is that the program is mostly used by children, senior citizens, and minimum wage workers trying to survive and support a family and that it reduces overall welfare cost by preventing health care cost. A child or senior in need of a week or more stay in a hospital with a nutritional health issue such as pneumonia can cost tens of thousands of dollars. That versus a small monthly food budget to give them a viable immune system.
I don't think most are abusing it or able bodied. But I also realize we are talking ALOT of people.
Obama added 10.7 million people to food stamps while moving America forward....:lol:

I don't know of a single problem in America that would be solved by cutting down on 0.3-0.5% of GDP that is spent on ensuring that everyone in America can get food.

snap.png

I don't know of a single problem in America that would be solved by cutting down on 0.3-0.5% of GDP that is spent on ensuring that everyone in America can get food.

snap.png
Jesus....what the fuck happened from 2008 to 2016??????

Forum List

Back