SNAP (food stamps) should be restricted to rice, flour, rolled oats, and sugar

This country spend 668 billion on welfare last year.

I've read its $202 a month and if she has three or four kids it can be as high as $800 per month.

Plus they get food stamps, free medical and housing. Not a bad living and they don't have to work for any of it.

In many states, welfare can pay better than an honest day’s work - Watchdog.org

All the more reason to support higher pay for honest day's work.

And do you really think that a mother with three or four kids doesn't have a more-than-full-time job already?

This country spend 668 billion on welfare last year.

I've read its $202 a month and if she has three or four kids it can be as high as $800 per month.

Plus they get food stamps, free medical and housing. Not a bad living and they don't have to work for any of it.

In many states, welfare can pay better than an honest day’s work - Watchdog.org

All the more reason to support higher pay for honest day's work.

And do you really think that a mother with three or four kids doesn't have a more-than-full-time job already?
We support higher pay for anyone worth it.....

The problem with our society is that poor people don't suffer enough

If you make it too easy to be poor, they will never want to study hard and become CEOs

If you make it to easy they will never want to get off Welfare and get a job. Why should they when someone else is paying their bills for them.

We have loads of freeloaders in America and you can bet most of them like it just fine.
One of our customers quit his job when his wife died. After all the food stamps, gas money, daycare and welfare checks, he was actually going to make MORE. No shit. And he had a full time job with a county highway dept..
A lot of young moms have figured that out--if they go to work at a minimum wage job they lose their medical, their rent assistance, their heating help, their daycare ... and it loses them a LOT of money. I know how a lot of these folks live, and they do not live "easy," it is not "fun," and I can tell from the posts here that those of you condemning these welfare recipients have never actually been on it or know anything about what it's like to end the month with not a single dollar to your name and kids to feed for another four or five days. Or a toddler who needs diapers or a big pile of dirty clothes that need to go to laundromat, or not enough gas to get to the welfare office for your mandatory three month appointment. LIFE SUCKS being poor, guys.

I like the idea of making SNAP benefits more in line with WIC, as far as purchasing nutritious foods. Actually, from my job in the grocery store when I was in college, I thought SNAP already was. I remember checking a list to see if some foods were included--maybe I'm thinking of WIC. I know it didn't include high sugar cereals like Captain Crunch, so in the food pantry donations everyone should include their favorite high sugar cereal as a treat for the kids!
I like how you assume everyone doesn't know what its like. I have had to break into a neighbors chicken coop to steal eggs just to eat. I don't even want to hear that mess. And know whats worse about it? Its was all my decisions that lead to that. Good thing I grew up!
SNAP can now get you pretty much anything. You can even get pizza slices from the little general down the street.

If you make it too easy to be poor, they will never want to study hard and become CEOs

If you make it to easy they will never want to get off Welfare and get a job. Why should they when someone else is paying their bills for them.

We have loads of freeloaders in America and you can bet most of them like it just fine.

Very true...

The poor need to suffer or else they will enjoy the luxury we bestow on them. Let a couple of their kids die of starvation or communicative disease....That will motivate the suckers to not only get a job, but a job with health benefits

One of our customers quit his job when his wife died. After all the food stamps, gas money, daycare and welfare checks, he was actually going to make MORE. No shit. And he had a full time job with a county highway dept..
A lot of young moms have figured that out--if they go to work at a minimum wage job they lose their medical, their rent assistance, their heating help, their daycare ... and it loses them a LOT of money. I know how a lot of these folks live, and they do not live "easy," it is not "fun," and I can tell from the posts here that those of you condemning these welfare recipients have never actually been on it or know anything about what it's like to end the month with not a single dollar to your name and kids to feed for another four or five days. Or a toddler who needs diapers or a big pile of dirty clothes that need to go to laundromat, or not enough gas to get to the welfare office for your mandatory three month appointment. LIFE SUCKS being poor, guys.

I like the idea of making SNAP benefits more in line with WIC, as far as purchasing nutritious foods. Actually, from my job in the grocery store when I was in college, I thought SNAP already was. I remember checking a list to see if some foods were included--maybe I'm thinking of WIC. I know it didn't include high sugar cereals like Captain Crunch, so in the food pantry donations everyone should include their favorite high sugar cereal as a treat for the kids!
I like how you assume everyone doesn't know what its like. I have had to break into a neighbors chicken coop to steal eggs just to eat. I don't even want to hear that mess. And know whats worse about it? Its was all my decisions that lead to that. Good thing I grew up!
SNAP can now get you pretty much anything. You can even get pizza slices from the little general down the street.

Only if that place is breaking the law. You aren't supposed to be able to buy any food that is prepared (heated).

Very true...

The poor need to suffer or else they will enjoy the luxury we bestow on them. Let a couple of their kids die of starvation or communicative disease....That will motivate the suckers to not only get a job, but a job with health benefits
How else will you democrats keep them voting democrat?

Very true...

Ahh yes the luxury of being poor... it's such a wonderful thing! WTF is wrong with you people? You act like being poor is a good thing. You take for granted the little things you get to do when you have a job that poor people can't do... it's fucking amazing.

Very true...

Ahh yes the luxury of being poor... it's such a wonderful thing! WTF is wrong with you people? You act like being poor is a good thing. You take for granted the little things you get to do when you have a job that poor people can't do... it's fucking amazing.
We call it democrat slavery.....

there is an idea of a cap on welfare mothers...and the number of children they can have.....i limited my family size to what i could afford....and yet they dont like to be treated like that....i have zero problems with sterilization of women who cant manage birth control

i would go as far as a one time payment if women and men agree to be sterilized

That's why I carefully didn't say "all of you" posting...some people know. I agree with you about limiting the foods that one can buy--anyone buying lobster with SNAP has an under the table job on the side.

Your pizza shop down the street is violating federal law and is an example of the main source of SNAP fraud. The owner belongs in jail. If more violating business owners went to jail for scaming the system fraud would be greatly reduced.

Very true...

We call it democrat slavery.....

No, you call it just something to complain about, because it is easy to fucking pick on the poor and the hungry... when you should be worrying about the people like Trump that don't pay taxes, or hide their money off shore so that they don't have to pay taxes on it. But nah... just complain about the poor people and their $189 a month for FOOD.

o hell no.....you had to steal eggs to eat.....may i ask why.....you couldnt go home....or what.....it is one thing to live that way by choice knowing you can remedy it by going home to mom but you are being stubborn and not having a plan b or any back up

there is an idea of a cap on welfare mothers...and the number of children they can have.....i limited my family size to what i could afford....and yet they dont like to be treated like that....i have zero problems with sterilization of women who cant manage birth control

i would go as far as a one time payment if women and men agree to be sterilized
New Jersey tried that years ago--and it got shot down by the courts, I believe. They wanted to refuse to cover kids conceived while a woman was on welfare. Maine has a lifetime five year cap on TANF (that's the "welfare" check part) but it's only been in effect four years, so we don't know yet how it will play out. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people move. There just aren't jobs to be had here. And a lot of people on welfare have multiple obstacles to employment like chronic mental health or substance abuse problems, criminal histories or lack of basic education.

Only if that place is breaking the law. You aren't supposed to be able to buy any food that is prepared (heated).
IDK about that. I think it might just be if you can eat it there? I know San Diego started an EBT restaurant thing where participating restaurants will be able to accept EBT.

IDK about that. I think it might just be if you can eat it there? I know San Diego started an EBT restaurant thing where participating restaurants will be able to accept EBT.

No, I know the laws. You can't get prepared cooked food. You can get a cold cut sandwich and things like a salad, but not cooked food. So a slice of pizza would be off limits. You can however go to the places and get a pizza put together, and then take it home and cook it yourself.

Don't gimme any crap about how poor people need a balanced diet. As it is these snappers spend all this money on junk food. A diet of staples will be better for them. And MUCH cheaper for the taxpayers. Eating just those 4 staples, a person can live on a dollar a day.
People wouldn't need EBT if corporations would pay a fair wage. Its disgusting to see WORKING PEOPLE needing food stamps but I got a real good feeling President Trump's policies are going to change that soon....companies will stay here,illegal immigration will be cut off,wages will rise both from less illegals and companies not only staying here but also expanding here AND foreign companies coming here.

o hell no.....you had to steal eggs to eat.....may i ask why.....you couldnt go home....or what.....it is one thing to live that way by choice knowing you can remedy it by going home to mom but you are being stubborn and not having a plan b or any back up
I had a rough patch in my early twenties..

Food stamps should be used for meat, veggies, milk, dry goods and eggs and that's it.

I've seem people in 7-11 grab every junk food you can think of and soda and pay for it with their handy dandy EBT card. Nothing nutritional about anything they bought with tax payer dollars.

Hell I watched a woman in Wal-Mart show up at the customer service counter with a full cart of groceries. She turned that full cart in. Wal-Mart couldn't put the money back on her EBT card so they gave her a Wal-Mart card and she took it and went shopping. Way to use our tax dollars. Talk about freeloaders.

The Fed and State Govts. should allocate Food Stamps for just what I named and nothing else.
Went to the local seafood store for a bushel of steamed crabs.

Sign on the door. We accept EBT.

$130. For a bushel.
Whose fault do you think it is that expensive seafood or steaks can be purchased with EBT cards? Do you think a bunch of poor people are wandering around the halls of Congress lobbying against reform that would place limits on the foods available from the food assistance programs?
It is the food industry, the producers, and sellers that lobby the halls of Congress and insist that all manner of food, no matter how expensive or unhealthy be available.
It should be noted that a program exists and has been used for years called the WIC program. It is a program that marks on the package and lists certain specific foods and brand foods that can be purchased by pregnant women and woman with infant children. It forces the consumer to make healthy and limited choices with health a priority, and hence, contributes to lower healthcare cost.
At one time you couldn't purchase precooked fare with food assistance.

I'd really like to put an end to K Street lobbying. And for those on assistance make better choices.

I was in the grocery store and the family rolled 2 carts to the checkout. 1 with food items and 1 with non food items.

Pulls out the EBT card for the one cart and then a large roll of bills for the other.

I'm loading my groceries in the SUV and he opens the trunk of a relatively new Mercedes.

Now I know that not all of the recipients are driving high end cars, but it does make you wonder when an individual on public assistance has a Cadillac Escalade, Mercedes or BMW.

Food stamps should be used for meat, veggies, milk, dry goods and eggs and that's it.

I've seem people in 7-11 grab every junk food you can think of and soda and pay for it with their handy dandy EBT card. Nothing nutritional about anything they bought with tax payer dollars.

Hell I watched a woman in Wal-Mart show up at the customer service counter with a full cart of groceries. She turned that full cart in. Wal-Mart couldn't put the money back on her EBT card so they gave her a Wal-Mart card and she took it and went shopping. Way to use our tax dollars. Talk about freeloaders.

The Fed and State Govts. should allocate Food Stamps for just what I named and nothing else.
Went to the local seafood store for a bushel of steamed crabs.

Sign on the door. We accept EBT.

$130. For a bushel.
Whose fault do you think it is that expensive seafood or steaks can be purchased with EBT cards? Do you think a bunch of poor people are wandering around the halls of Congress lobbying against reform that would place limits on the foods available from the food assistance programs?
It is the food industry, the producers, and sellers that lobby the halls of Congress and insist that all manner of food, no matter how expensive or unhealthy be available.
It should be noted that a program exists and has been used for years called the WIC program. It is a program that marks on the package and lists certain specific foods and brand foods that can be purchased by pregnant women and woman with infant children. It forces the consumer to make healthy and limited choices with health a priority, and hence, contributes to lower healthcare cost.
At one time you couldn't purchase precooked fare with food assistance.

I'd really like to put an end to K Street lobbying. And for those on assistance make better choices.

I was in the grocery store and the family rolled 2 carts to the checkout. 1 with food items and 1 with non food items.

Pulls out the EBT card for the one cart and then a large roll of bills for the other.

I'm loading my groceries in the SUV and he opens the trunk of a relatively new Mercedes.

Now I know that not all of the recipients are driving high end cars, but it does make you wonder when an individual on public assistance has a Cadillac Escalade, Mercedes or BMW.

And I call bullshit on your story, and even if it is true, it isn't the norm. Punishing a whole group of people for one person is a load of shit.

Forum List

Back