SNAP (food stamps) should be restricted to rice, flour, rolled oats, and sugar

Do your math again. $70,000,000 / 70,000,000,000. That is NOT 1%.

I said closer to 1%.

So let's get this right, you think 0.09% is closer to 1% than to 0.01%? You aren't very good at math are you?

Yes, that's exactly what I think. And you question my math abilities? Bad news for you: 9 is larger than 1.

That's besides the fact that it's .9% and not .09.

Dipshit... the article says 0.09%. Again... are you saying that 0.09% is closer to 1% than it is to 0.01%? Please tell me what you do for a living...

Maybe you should tell me what you do for a living. A retard can tell you that 9 is a greater number than 1. I'm a truck driver, but I also attended electronics school when I was younger. Electronics is all math. Since you are so lost, what number is closer to 10? 1 or 9?

You are so fucking stupid...I'll ask you this again one more time. You said that the number was closer to 1% than 0.01%. The number is 0.09%. Now, is 0.09% closer to your 1% like you said, or closer to 0.01%? Simple fucking question.

Sure you have... that's what all people like you say.

Where do you think we get the attitude we have about food stamps? It's the same with all these social programs. Experience.

A guy bought two houses next door to me. He was asking way too much for rental and had no takers, so he finally went to HUD. Now both houses are full and these people don't work. Why is our government renting houses in the suburbs for their HUD clients? I have to work full-time to live here, yet with lowlifes, all they need to do is have government get housing right next door to me and they don't even work!

We are nearly 20 trillion dollars in debt, and our government is renting and buying more expensive housing in the suburbs rather than provide housing in the city where prices are cheaper. Or am I making this all up too?

They don't care. Why? Because it's not their money. They are more focused on buying votes using our tax dollars than they are doing what's best for the country.

I explained to the new landlord that HUD people are a problem. The last owner tried the same thing, and I had the cops out here every week. Since these people don't work, they come home on work nights 3 and 4 o'clock in the morning, car radio blaring, slamming doors and laughing out loud because they are so F'd up.

So sorry for my lack of empathy. But I've seen too much with these programs to feel sorry for anybody anymore.

I know exactly why you have the attitude you do. It's about the system of shit rolling down hill. The Rich take advantage of the middle-class, and then you as the middle class, instead of working to put the rich that break the rules and hide money from paying taxes into their place, decide to shit on the poor that can't defend themselves... it makes you feel better about your miserable lives.
So which miserable life are you?

The only misery in my life is trying to understand how there can be so many selfish miserable fucks in this country that get their kicks off of making a poor person's life worse, rather than actually doing something about the ones who are doing the most damage... the rich.
Hey dufus - I could have been poor. But I decided not to. I'm glad I did. So you can take your utopian existence and shove it up your ass.

That's your problem right there. You think being poor is a choice for everyone. You, the mailman, and everybody else is one event away from being poor.

Don't gimme any crap about how poor people need a balanced diet. As it is these snappers spend all this money on junk food. A diet of staples will be better for them. And MUCH cheaper for the taxpayers. Eating just those 4 staples, a person can live on a dollar a day.
First of all, do you know how much this program costs per year in total? Also, most SNAP recipients are kids. Obviously it's important they get a balanced diet for normal development.
Yeah, right. The kids get the leftovers of what the parents buy and sell for cigs, drugs, and booze.
You're just making shit up.

Don't gimme any crap about how poor people need a balanced diet. As it is these snappers spend all this money on junk food. A diet of staples will be better for them. And MUCH cheaper for the taxpayers. Eating just those 4 staples, a person can live on a dollar a day.
First of all, do you know how much this program costs per year in total? Also, most SNAP recipients are kids. Obviously it's important they get a balanced diet for normal development.
Yeah, right. The kids get the leftovers of what the parents buy and sell for cigs, drugs, and booze.
You're just making shit up.

The retard is very limited and that is all you can expect from him. sad...

Those kids are likely dead without this money and stamps but hell...

Why are so many conservatives so bent on this narrative? Why the fuck do you care about people's diets? Aren't you mad at Michelle Obama for pulling the same shit in the schools?

I have no problem with term limits on welfare or monetary limits, etc. But let's just stop with the nitpicking over shit that doesn't matter.

And also, you should be more worried about how it's unfairly administered to aid illegal immigration. California forms actually require the person to note whether they are "migrant farm workers from Mexico" so that they can pay them sons of bitches more in an effort to get their votes.

Why are so many conservatives so bent on this narrative? Why the fuck do you care about people's diets? Aren't you mad at Michelle Obama for pulling the same shit in the schools?

I have no problem with term limits on welfare or monetary limits, etc. But let's just stop with the nitpicking over shit that doesn't matter.

And also, you should be more worried about how it's unfairly administered to aid illegal immigration. California forms actually require the person to note whether they are "migrant farm workers from Mexico" so that they can pay them sons of bitches more in an effort to get their votes.

I think the point is junk food, sea food and prepared foods are expensive. Many working people limit such purchases because they are actually a treat more than a necessity if they buy any of these things at all. Working people buy products to create a meal, not just buy a ready made meal and microwave it.

Like I (and others) have said repeatedly, we get in line behind these people with their four kids and take notice what they buy. If we can't afford some of the items ourselves, of course you can expect people to get a little angry about it, especially if they are foreigners that probably don't belong here in the first place.

As for myself, I'm less angry about that than I am when I see their other purchases: cans and cans of cat food, huge bags of dog food, flowers, perfume, greeting cards, alcohol, cigarettes....... then if you leave the store at the same time and see what kind of vehicle they drive, it makes you even more batty.

When people see me around animals, they often ask why I don't own any pets? I can't afford them. I'm not home enough to take care of them. And while I don't have pets, I know people that do, and they tell me about their vet bills which most all pet owners have to deal with. Nobody lets their pet just die anymore, they do everything they can to save the life of their pet.

I think the point is junk food, sea food and prepared foods are expensive. Many working people limit such purchases because they are actually a treat more than a necessity if they buy any of these things at all. Working people buy products to create a meal, not just buy a ready made meal and microwave it.

Like I (and others) have said repeatedly, we get in line behind these people with their four kids and take notice what they buy. If we can't afford some of the items ourselves, of course you can expect people to get a little angry about it, especially if they are foreigners that probably don't belong here in the first place.

As for myself, I'm less angry about that than I am when I see their other purchases: cans and cans of cat food, huge bags of dog food, flowers, perfume, greeting cards, alcohol, cigarettes....... then if you leave the store at the same time and see what kind of vehicle they drive, it makes you even more batty.

When people see me around animals, they often ask why I don't own any pets? I can't afford them. I'm not home enough to take care of them. And while I don't have pets, I know people that do, and they tell me about their vet bills which most all pet owners have to deal with. Nobody lets their pet just die anymore, they do everything they can to save the life of their pet.

Well, your problem isn't really with the foods as much as it is with leaches in general. You should be for food stamp limits, monetary and time-wise perhaps, right? If you hit bad times and were on them, would you really want to be told that you couldn't use your alloted funds to buy a buck fifty microwave pizza or six dollar box of toquitos? I think this is the wrong battle for conservatives. Frankly, food stamps is not the reason why the country is in trouble. This is a phony narrative pushed by Republicans so that we don't talk about shit like them extorting money from us in other areas like pharma, medicaid, etc.

There is nothing wrong with limiting the types of food one is giving away. The wic program (women, children, infants) provides vouchers for very specific and limited items, nobody bitches.

Well, your problem isn't really with the foods as much as it is with leaches in general. You should be for food stamp limits, monetary and time-wise perhaps, right? If you hit bad times and were on them, would you really want to be told that you couldn't use your alloted funds to buy a buck fifty microwave pizza or six dollar box of toquitos? I think this is the wrong battle for conservatives. Frankly, food stamps is not the reason why the country is in trouble. This is a phony narrative pushed by Republicans so that we don't talk about shit like them extorting money from us in other areas like pharma, medicaid, etc.

There is something seriously wrong when people that don't work in this country live better than people that do......that's all. Food stamps are just part of our complaints.

Like I mentioned last page or two pages ago. I go to work every day so I can afford to live in the suburbs. I didn't spend all my money on vacations, new cars or the most expensive entertainment I could buy. I invested it in real estate, and being a landlord is almost like a second job.

Then HUD moves their lowlifes right next door to me. They didn't work their way up to the suburbs, they just had government place them here. They either don't work or perhaps work part-time. They all have several children. They come in and out all day and night long. A few times, I've seen windows open in the house in the middle of winter; snow blowing inside their living room because they don't pay for their utilities either. Half the time they take off and live somewhere else for a few weeks.

Working people in the winter have their heat on 63 degrees and walk around in heavier clothing. We have bills to worry about, healthcare to worry about, and limit our family size to what we can afford. These lowlifes have none of these problems, and they get to live the same way your working ass does, and of course, even eat better than you can. That's the problem.

There is something seriously wrong when people that don't work in this country live better than people that do......that's all. Food stamps are just part of our complaints.

Like I mentioned last page or two pages ago. I go to work every day so I can afford to live in the suburbs. I didn't spend all my money on vacations, new cars or the most expensive entertainment I could buy. I invested it in real estate, and being a landlord is almost like a second job.

Then HUD moves their lowlifes right next door to me. They didn't work their way up to the suburbs, they just had government place them here. They either don't work or perhaps work part-time. They all have several children. They come in and out all day and night long. A few times, I've seen windows open in the house in the middle of winter; snow blowing inside their living room because they don't pay for their utilities either. Half the time they take off and live somewhere else for a few weeks.

Working people in the winter have their heat on 63 degrees and walk around in heavier clothing. We have bills to worry about, healthcare to worry about, and limit our family size to what we can afford. These lowlifes have none of these problems, and they get to live the same way your working ass does, and of course, even eat better than you can. That's the problem.
bingo.

Yes, that's what we need, is to spend even more taxpayer money on home invasions to make sure people are living the way we want them to.

Or we could behave like REAL conservatives, mind our own damned business about what priorities people do or don't have for their cash, and address the REAL problem of our bloated welfare state.

Their cash? What about MY cash?

REAL conservatives are those that want to help the people who truly need help by weeding out those that can take care of themselves and are just using our tax dollars so that they can free up more of their own cash to use on non-necessities.
Your cash is going to pay for our wars on crime, drugs, and terror, not our war on poverty, so you can "look tough".

Yes it does because the money I spend to fight drugs, terror and crime protects me and our country. We all benefit from that. Nobody benefits by supporting children that are not their own. The only one that benefits are the mothers and in some rare cases, the father as well.
you can't care under our form of capitalism. the poor should not how much the rich make or how they make it, and the rich should not care how much the poor make or how they make it.

The poor don't make anything, that's the point. You need to learn the difference between making money and getting money.
Yes, they do; like the rich actually make anything. getting tax breaks is not, "making money".

it is your poor lifestyle choice that are not rich or poor, so you don't have to pay personal income taxes.

Yes, I do pay income taxes. Sorry to burst that bubble.
it is your choice to make that much and pay that much in taxes; sorry to burst your personal responsibility bubble.

No, it's not a choice. You need money to put a roof over your head, you need money for utilities. You need money to support your transportation to and from work. Our society is built on the exchange of money.
yes, it is a choice; you could go on welfare and not work, instead of whining about taxes.

And what if we all did that?

The idea of representation is to hire people that will take care of our money. If they don't, you boot them out next election and hire somebody else.

I have less of a problem paying taxes than what those taxes go for. You don't quit working for that reason.
You don't believe in Capitalism or making a bonus?

Food stamp fraud is at an all-time high, with cases this year including a state lawmaker and even a millionaire.

According to the USDA, $70 million of taxpayer money was wasted in 2016 due to food stamp fraud. Food Stamp Fraud at All-Time High: Is It Time to End the Program?
why does the hard money crowd put up with the funny money of food stamps; capitalism requires capital, to consistently manufacture, market based metrics; that is why capital, must circulate and not be subject to whimsical fantasies regarding a work ethic from the Age of Iron.

yes, it is a choice; you could go on welfare and not work, instead of whining about taxes.

I am not sure it is that easy. If he has any assets from all his years working? Homes? Cars? buildings? 401K ............. I don't know if you can just walk in and say..."I'm not working now. I am poor. Please feed me forever".
means testing helps keep the poor, poor; don't like it, get rich and not pay taxes.

Why not leave the poor the fuck alone?

Why not leave the taxpayers alone?
you can always quit and be poor to not pay taxes. stop complaining about paying taxes.

Or I can be a free man that appreciates liberty and demand that the filthy ass government stop taking my money by force and giving it to the shitheads that are too sorry to pay their own bills, Did you ever think of that Moon Bat?
No; promoting and providing for the general welfare is in our social Contract and Constitution.

Only infidels, protestants, and renegades to our supreme law of the land, do that.

Food stamp fraud is at an all-time high, with cases this year including a state lawmaker and even a millionaire.

According to the USDA, $70 million of taxpayer money was wasted in 2016 due to food stamp fraud. Food Stamp Fraud at All-Time High: Is It Time to End the Program?
$70 million sounds like a lot until you consider that the SNAP budget for food assistant disbursement was $750 billion to fifty state agencies plus agencies in territories and all those agencies responsible for their own state or territory enforcement So who is good at math? What percentage does that come to for funds used for fraud?.
the civil and criminal costs of our War on Drugs.

Not only should we end welfare because it is wasteful and budget busting but we should end it because it is reprehensible for the government to take your money and give it to somebody else.

just the right wing showcasing their moral of " badwill toward men".

why not end the drug war, first.

Forum List

Back