SNAP (food stamps) should be restricted to rice, flour, rolled oats, and sugar

The percent of fraud is 0.01%. ANY program would be happy to have a percent of fraud at that level. Give it a rest.
HAHAHA. Talk about the fox guarding the hen house!!! The govt investigates itself and says - "we're doing a great job".

You don't like to use reasoning skills do you? Compare it to all cases of government programs and fraud. why would the mysteriously pick SNAP to be the least abused system? Over say... defense? THINK!

As I pointed out, it's less about the fraud than it is people that don't really have to be on the program. I'm sure many are able to feed themselves (like in Maine) that are on food stamps because they qualify anyway.

When DumBama got in, he doubled the food stamp role almost overnight. What did those people do for food before that? They bought their own food, that's what they did.

I've had many unfortunate experiences with these food stamp people that could otherwise buy their own food. Instead, we buy their food, and they buy products for their pets, alcohol, cigarettes just to name a few. I've seen it first hand multiple times.

Sure you have... that's what all people like you say.

Where do you think we get the attitude we have about food stamps? It's the same with all these social programs. Experience.

A guy bought two houses next door to me. He was asking way too much for rental and had no takers, so he finally went to HUD. Now both houses are full and these people don't work. Why is our government renting houses in the suburbs for their HUD clients? I have to work full-time to live here, yet with lowlifes, all they need to do is have government get housing right next door to me and they don't even work!

We are nearly 20 trillion dollars in debt, and our government is renting and buying more expensive housing in the suburbs rather than provide housing in the city where prices are cheaper. Or am I making this all up too?

They don't care. Why? Because it's not their money. They are more focused on buying votes using our tax dollars than they are doing what's best for the country.

I explained to the new landlord that HUD people are a problem. The last owner tried the same thing, and I had the cops out here every week. Since these people don't work, they come home on work nights 3 and 4 o'clock in the morning, car radio blaring, slamming doors and laughing out loud because they are so F'd up.

So sorry for my lack of empathy. But I've seen too much with these programs to feel sorry for anybody anymore.

I know exactly why you have the attitude you do. It's about the system of shit rolling down hill. The Rich take advantage of the middle-class, and then you as the middle class, instead of working to put the rich that break the rules and hide money from paying taxes into their place, decide to shit on the poor that can't defend themselves... it makes you feel better about your miserable lives.

It is an attitude of profligacy that Infects entire govt and it's
Billions and billions......Hopefully Trump will call for audit of entire govt

$70 million in fraud over one year as part of a $70 BILLION program is NOT billions upon billions. Fuck the math in this thread is fucking scary.

We should give food stamps to all people making less then 30k per year. Fuck punishing the poor!

HAHAHA. Talk about the fox guarding the hen house!!! The govt investigates itself and says - "we're doing a great job".

You don't like to use reasoning skills do you? Compare it to all cases of government programs and fraud. why would the mysteriously pick SNAP to be the least abused system? Over say... defense? THINK!

As I pointed out, it's less about the fraud than it is people that don't really have to be on the program. I'm sure many are able to feed themselves (like in Maine) that are on food stamps because they qualify anyway.

When DumBama got in, he doubled the food stamp role almost overnight. What did those people do for food before that? They bought their own food, that's what they did.

I've had many unfortunate experiences with these food stamp people that could otherwise buy their own food. Instead, we buy their food, and they buy products for their pets, alcohol, cigarettes just to name a few. I've seen it first hand multiple times.

Where do you think we get the attitude we have about food stamps? It's the same with all these social programs. Experience.

A guy bought two houses next door to me. He was asking way too much for rental and had no takers, so he finally went to HUD. Now both houses are full and these people don't work. Why is our government renting houses in the suburbs for their HUD clients? I have to work full-time to live here, yet with lowlifes, all they need to do is have government get housing right next door to me and they don't even work!

We are nearly 20 trillion dollars in debt, and our government is renting and buying more expensive housing in the suburbs rather than provide housing in the city where prices are cheaper. Or am I making this all up too?

They don't care. Why? Because it's not their money. They are more focused on buying votes using our tax dollars than they are doing what's best for the country.

I explained to the new landlord that HUD people are a problem. The last owner tried the same thing, and I had the cops out here every week. Since these people don't work, they come home on work nights 3 and 4 o'clock in the morning, car radio blaring, slamming doors and laughing out loud because they are so F'd up.

So sorry for my lack of empathy. But I've seen too much with these programs to feel sorry for anybody anymore.

I know exactly why you have the attitude you do. It's about the system of shit rolling down hill. The Rich take advantage of the middle-class, and then you as the middle class, instead of working to put the rich that break the rules and hide money from paying taxes into their place, decide to shit on the poor that can't defend themselves... it makes you feel better about your miserable lives.

The rich have nothing to do with what I said. You're just trying to deflect here.

If you could take all the so-called poor people out of this country and put them on an island somewhere, nobody would miss them. Do that to the wealthy, and the country collapses.

The rich have nothing to do with what I said. You're just trying to deflect here.

If you could take all the so-called poor people out of this country and put them on an island somewhere, nobody would miss them. Do that to the wealthy, and the country collapses.

Oh man... that is the dumbest statement you have ever made. And that says a lot, because you make a lot of them.

The percent of fraud is 0.01%. ANY program would be happy to have a percent of fraud at that level. Give it a rest.

Again, how can I take you seriously when it has been pointed out many times to you, that Maine didn't do anything special, but instead just followed the guidelines of a law set forth in 1996? You've been corrected on this numerous times, but you still can't grasp it. Seriously... what do you do for a living?

Nobody corrected me once. Do you deny that Maine started this program not long ago?

And what 1996 law do you speak of? Federal or state?

Oh man... that is the dumbest statement you have ever made. And that says a lot, because you make a lot of them.

Oh really, so what in my statement is incorrect?

So which miserable life are you?

Don't gimme any crap about how poor people need a balanced diet. As it is these snappers spend all this money on junk food. A diet of staples will be better for them. And MUCH cheaper for the taxpayers. Eating just those 4 staples, a person can live on a dollar a day.
First of all, do you know how much this program costs per year in total? Also, most SNAP recipients are kids. Obviously it's important they get a balanced diet for normal development.

Again, how can I take you seriously when it has been pointed out many times to you, that Maine didn't do anything special, but instead just followed the guidelines of a law set forth in 1996? You've been corrected on this numerous times, but you still can't grasp it. Seriously... what do you do for a living?

Nobody corrected me once. Do you deny that Maine started this program not long ago?

I've corrected you SEVERAL times. It is a 1996 FEDERAL law signed by Bill Clinton.

Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act - Wikipedia

Oh really, so what in my statement is incorrect?

The poor and the middle class are what supports our society... NOT the rich. You are fucking loony.

Don't gimme any crap about how poor people need a balanced diet. As it is these snappers spend all this money on junk food. A diet of staples will be better for them. And MUCH cheaper for the taxpayers. Eating just those 4 staples, a person can live on a dollar a day.
First of all, do you know how much this program costs per year in total? Also, most SNAP recipients are kids. Obviously it's important they get a balanced diet for normal development.
Yeah, right. The kids get the leftovers of what the parents buy and sell for cigs, drugs, and booze.

Do your math again. $70,000,000 / 70,000,000,000. That is NOT 1%.

I said closer to 1%.

So let's get this right, you think 0.09% is closer to 1% than to 0.01%? You aren't very good at math are you?

Yes, that's exactly what I think. And you question my math abilities? Bad news for you: 9 is larger than 1.

That's besides the fact that it's .9% and not .09.

Dipshit... the article says 0.09%. Again... are you saying that 0.09% is closer to 1% than it is to 0.01%? Please tell me what you do for a living...

The only misery in my life is trying to understand how there can be so many selfish miserable fucks in this country that get their kicks off of making a poor person's life worse, rather than actually doing something about the ones who are doing the most damage... the rich.

I've corrected you SEVERAL times. It is a 1996 FEDERAL law signed by Bill Clinton.

I see nothing in there about SNAP's, or at the time, called food stamps, that dictates the same requirement as Maine. Care to highlight what you're talking about?

The three provisions of Maine food stamp program for applicants without children:

Be enrolled in a vocational education program
Work at least 20 hours per week.
Volunteer at least 20 hours per month.

Do your math again. $70,000,000 / 70,000,000,000. That is NOT 1%.

I said closer to 1%.

So let's get this right, you think 0.09% is closer to 1% than to 0.01%? You aren't very good at math are you?

Yes, that's exactly what I think. And you question my math abilities? Bad news for you: 9 is larger than 1.

That's besides the fact that it's .9% and not .09.

Dipshit... the article says 0.09%. Again... are you saying that 0.09% is closer to 1% than it is to 0.01%? Please tell me what you do for a living...

Maybe you should tell me what you do for a living. A retard can tell you that 9 is a greater number than 1. I'm a truck driver, but I also attended electronics school when I was younger. Electronics is all math. Since you are so lost, what number is closer to 10? 1 or 9?

The only misery in my life is trying to understand how there can be so many selfish miserable fucks in this country that get their kicks off of making a poor person's life worse, rather than actually doing something about the ones who are doing the most damage... the rich.
Hey dufus - I could have been poor. But I decided not to. I'm glad I did. So you can take your utopian existence and shove it up your ass.

I see nothing in there about SNAP's, or at the time, called food stamps, that dictates the same requirement as Maine. Care to highlight what you're talking about?

The three provisions of Maine food stamp program for applicants without children:

Be enrolled in a vocational education program
Work at least 20 hours per week.
Volunteer at least 20 hours per month.

Why did the ABAWD time limits go away? Why are they coming back?

The time limit on ABAWDs is part of the law that governs the operation of SNAP. It has been part of the law since 1996. Under the law, States can request to temporarily waive the ABAWD time limit when unemployment is high or when there are not enough jobs available.

Due to the economic downturn, many States qualified for and chose to waive time limits in all or part of the State. (Even when ABAWD time limits are waived, general work requirements still apply.) Some parts of the country still have waivers in place. But, as the economy continues to improve, many places no longer qualify for time limit waivers, unless they have high unemployment or not enough jobs available.

Many ABAWDs participating in SNAP could soon lose their benefits unless they take steps to meet the special ABAWD work requirements.

Able-Bodied Adults Without Dependents (ABAWDs) | Food and Nutrition Service

Again... Maine didn't do anything special... it simply got a point where the unemployment rate got low enough to kick out the waiver that was being granted by the federal government.

It's called tough love. It's exactly what you high lighted about welfare reform. The best thing you can do for the poor is make them try harder--not less.

Forum List

Back