SNAP (food stamps) should be restricted to rice, flour, rolled oats, and sugar

yes, it is a choice; you could go on welfare and not work, instead of whining about taxes.

I am not sure it is that easy. If he has any assets from all his years working? Homes? Cars? buildings? 401K ............. I don't know if you can just walk in and say..."I'm not working now. I am poor. Please feed me forever".

Poor people rarely have the kitchen supplies and utensils and counter space needed to cook from scratch.
Sorta like minorities cant get an ID lie

Capture.JPG

YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN!

Why not leave the poor the fuck alone?

Why not leave the taxpayers alone?
you can always quit and be poor to not pay taxes. stop complaining about paying taxes.

Or I can be a free man that appreciates liberty and demand that the filthy ass government stop taking my money by force and giving it to the shitheads that are too sorry to pay their own bills, Did you ever think of that Moon Bat?

Food stamp fraud is at an all-time high, with cases this year including a state lawmaker and even a millionaire.

According to the USDA, $70 million of taxpayer money was wasted in 2016 due to food stamp fraud. Food Stamp Fraud at All-Time High: Is It Time to End the Program?
$70 million sounds like a lot until you consider that the SNAP budget for food assistant disbursement was $750 billion to fifty state agencies plus agencies in territories and all those agencies responsible for their own state or territory enforcement So who is good at math? What percentage does that come to for funds used for fraud?.

Food stamp fraud is at an all-time high, with cases this year including a state lawmaker and even a millionaire.

According to the USDA, $70 million of taxpayer money was wasted in 2016 due to food stamp fraud. Food Stamp Fraud at All-Time High: Is It Time to End the Program?
$70 million sounds like a lot until you consider that the SNAP budget for food assistant disbursement was $750 billion to fifty state agencies plus agencies in territories and all those agencies responsible for their own state or territory enforcement So who is good at math? What percentage does that come to for funds used for fraud?.

First get your numbers right. For 2015, the budget was 74 billion dollars.

QK, thanks for the correction. I added a zero where it didn't belong. So, give the second part. What is the percentage of fraudulent funds?

QK, thanks for the correction. I added a zero where it didn't belong. So, give the second part. What is the percentage of fraudulent funds?

It's less than one percent, but I don't know what that has to do with anything. It's still 70 million bucks.

The larger number are the people who don't absolutely have to rely on food stamps. People maintain their income so that they don't lose that stipend. They work part-time, lower wage jobs, or both. The reward of food stamps discourages people from working more hours and getting ahead in life.

Not only should we end welfare because it is wasteful and budget busting but we should end it because it is reprehensible for the government to take your money and give it to somebody else.

Per month.

Per month.

In fiscal year 2015, the federal government spent about $75 billion on SNAP. About 93 percent went directly to benefits that households used to purchase food.Mar 24, 2016

Policy Basics: Introduction to the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) | Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

And how much does that work out to per family.......Something tells me there is whole lot being disappeared in admin costs and more theft....

And how much does that work out to per family.......Something tells me there is whole lot being disappeared in admin costs and more theft....

The percent of fraud is 0.01%. ANY program would be happy to have a percent of fraud at that level. Give it a rest.

The percent of fraud is 0.01%. ANY program would be happy to have a percent of fraud at that level. Give it a rest.

More like closer to 1%. But millions of dollars are millions of dollars.

Do your math again. $70,000,000 / 70,000,000,000. That is NOT 1%.

Isn't it 0.1% fraud (still small) but 7% overhead. Maybe even that is OK to GREAT for Fed Govt? One problem seems to be......too many just breed and never get off? They pass this life-choice on to many kids.

Forum List

Back