SNAP (food stamps) should be restricted to rice, flour, rolled oats, and sugar

There will be and always has been a segment of the population that will abuse what ever they can get. a druggie, or a Bernie Madoff. with a gun or a pen.

Afraid to investigate the numbers.....How much per person

Again... why does that matter? It's like arguing between six in one hand and half a dozen in another. 0.09% fraud. 0.09%. Repeat after me... 0.09% Please tell me another part of the federal government that has a budget close to that of SNAP with that low of a fraud percentage. 0.09%.

There will be and always has been a segment of the population that will abuse what ever they can get. a druggie, or a Bernie Madoff. with a gun or a pen.

But it is easier for cowards to pick on the poor and hungry than to worry about the guy they would rather want to be.

[
But it is easier for cowards to pick on the poor and hungry than to worry about the guy they would rather want to be.

So how many poor people have you taken into your household?

I've done my fair share for people, but it's not a point to go around and brag about it. You do things for other people because you want to, not to brag about it on an internet forum. And even if I told you things I've done, you wouldn't believe me.

The percent of fraud is 0.01%. ANY program would be happy to have a percent of fraud at that level. Give it a rest.
HAHAHA. Talk about the fox guarding the hen house!!! The govt investigates itself and says - "we're doing a great job".

The percent of fraud is 0.01%. ANY program would be happy to have a percent of fraud at that level. Give it a rest.
HAHAHA. Talk about the fox guarding the hen house!!! The govt investigates itself and says - "we're doing a great job".

You don't like to use reasoning skills do you? Compare it to all cases of government programs and fraud. why would the mysteriously pick SNAP to be the least abused system? Over say... defense? THINK!

Food stamp fraud is at an all-time high, with cases this year including a state lawmaker and even a millionaire.

According to the USDA, $70 million of taxpayer money was wasted in 2016 due to food stamp fraud. Food Stamp Fraud at All-Time High: Is It Time to End the Program?

Not only should we end welfare because it is wasteful and budget busting but we should end it because it is reprehensible for the government to take your money and give it to somebody else.
Then we'd have to pay garbage men to clean up all the corpses from people starving to death and build more jails for those who chose to steal rather than starve to death.

Meanwhile you open the border to those willing to work for table scraps and get rid of the minimum wage so no American, without a Bachelors degree, can afford to feed themselves at what businesses will be willing to pay them.

The poor don't make anything, that's the point. You need to learn the difference between making money and getting money.

Most of the rich don't makes anything either. Lawyers, politicians, bankers, entertainers, athletes. What do they produce.?? What has warren buffet produced? He's just a speculator.

[

Then we'd have to pay garbage men to clean up all the corpses from people starving to death and build more jails for those who chose to steal rather than starve to death.

Meanwhile you open the border to those willing to work for table scraps and get rid of the minimum wage so no American, without a Bachelors degree, can afford to feed themselves at what businesses will be willing to pay them.

So you think the government should be in the business of forcing us to pay tribute to the welfare queens?

It is not my problem that dumbasses vote for Liberals that fuck up the economy to the point where if it wasn't for welfare then they would go hungry.

The best way to stop poverty in this country is to stop electing Liberals that promote a welfare state over stimulating capitalism to create real jobs.

We have had an increase in poverty, lower family income, greater debt, more welfare, higher taxes, greater disparity income and dismal economic growth since the Liberal Administration of this Obama jackass so don't you think that record of failure is worth changing?

Food stamp fraud is at an all-time high, with cases this year including a state lawmaker and even a millionaire.

According to the USDA, $70 million of taxpayer money was wasted in 2016 due to food stamp fraud. Food Stamp Fraud at All-Time High: Is It Time to End the Program?

Not only should we end welfare because it is wasteful and budget busting but we should end it because it is reprehensible for the government to take your money and give it to somebody else.

Businesses will pay whatever it takes to attract workers. If it's minimum wage, that's what the employer will pay. In most cases though, minimum wage doesn't attract enough workers so the employer increases the offer.

If you are actually starving, you'll take one of those minimum wage jobs over death. At least where I live, every fast food restaurant has help wanted signs in the window. Many of our industrial areas the same. It's just that you can't get Americans to take these jobs mostly due to social programs.

When Welfare Reform was introduced, that's exactly what the Democrats said would happen; death, destruction, misery. It never transpired. In fact, most of those welfare people that went to work stated they felt liberated for the first time in their adult life.

You don't like to use reasoning skills do you? Compare it to all cases of government programs and fraud. why would the mysteriously pick SNAP to be the least abused system? Over say... defense? THINK!

As I pointed out, it's less about the fraud than it is people that don't really have to be on the program. I'm sure many are able to feed themselves (like in Maine) that are on food stamps because they qualify anyway.

When DumBama got in, he doubled the food stamp role almost overnight. What did those people do for food before that? They bought their own food, that's what they did.

I've had many unfortunate experiences with these food stamp people that could otherwise buy their own food. Instead, we buy their food, and they buy products for their pets, alcohol, cigarettes just to name a few. I've seen it first hand multiple times.

As I pointed out, it's less about the fraud than it is people that don't really have to be on the program. I'm sure many are able to feed themselves (like in Maine) that are on food stamps because they qualify anyway.

When DumBama got in, he doubled the food stamp role almost overnight. What did those people do for food before that? They bought their own food, that's what they did.

I've had many unfortunate experiences with these food stamp people that could otherwise buy their own food. Instead, we buy their food, and they buy products for their pets, alcohol, cigarettes just to name a few. I've seen it first hand multiple times.

Sure you have... that's what all people like you say.

Sure you have... that's what all people like you say.

Where do you think we get the attitude we have about food stamps? It's the same with all these social programs. Experience.

A guy bought two houses next door to me. He was asking way too much for rental and had no takers, so he finally went to HUD. Now both houses are full and these people don't work. Why is our government renting houses in the suburbs for their HUD clients? I have to work full-time to live here, yet with lowlifes, all they need to do is have government get housing right next door to me and they don't even work!

We are nearly 20 trillion dollars in debt, and our government is renting and buying more expensive housing in the suburbs rather than provide housing in the city where prices are cheaper. Or am I making this all up too?

They don't care. Why? Because it's not their money. They are more focused on buying votes using our tax dollars than they are doing what's best for the country.

I explained to the new landlord that HUD people are a problem. The last owner tried the same thing, and I had the cops out here every week. Since these people don't work, they come home on work nights 3 and 4 o'clock in the morning, car radio blaring, slamming doors and laughing out loud because they are so F'd up.

So sorry for my lack of empathy. But I've seen too much with these programs to feel sorry for anybody anymore.

It is an attitude of profligacy that Infects entire govt and it's
Billions and billions......Hopefully Trump will call for audit of entire govt

Again, how can I take you seriously when it has been pointed out many times to you, that Maine didn't do anything special, but instead just followed the guidelines of a law set forth in 1996? You've been corrected on this numerous times, but you still can't grasp it. Seriously... what do you do for a living?

Forum List

Back