SNL alum Jacked Jay Pharoah said LAPD drew guns, knelt on his neck and handcuffed him during a jog. He should release video of the incident,my friends

i feel awful for him, as long as this is not another Smollett, my friends

Sorry, Dipshit but the guy fit the description of a person in the area they were looking for. Could happen to anyone. As soon as they were able to confirm the mistake, they released him, no harm, no foul. SOP.

I'm sure it was an unpleasant experience for him, but I don't see what the cops did wrong. The cops were looking for a criminal reported in the area and he fit the description, so they detained him. They took appropriate precautions to protect themselves without doing and harm to the suspect. A knee on the neck that does not compress the carotid arteries or the larynx is not a dangerous tactic to restrain a suspect.

Cops will start to NOT do things like this more and more in fear of the repercussions if they get it wrong, even in warranted situations like this.

And the criminals are the ones who benefit.

If i fit the description of a suspect, i will gladly cooperate because, i want to help the cops determine that i am not that person quickly so they find the real criminal. Im ok with mistaken identities as long as no one gets hurt, which it sounds like he wasnt.

democrats seek the utter and complete destruction of America and the establishment of a brutal, Marxist dictatorship.

The savage assault on the rule of law we are currently witnessing is designed to destroy society, to create chaos and make people beg for a strong man like Stalin or Xi to restore order.

Sorry, Dipshit but the guy fit the description of a person in the area they were looking for. Could happen to anyone. As soon as they were able to confirm the mistake, they released him, no harm, no foul. SOP.

Yes, there was harm.

It is a real shame that blacks commit so many crimes that they are automatically assumed to be criminals.

1. Yes, it is more than "a real shame." It is so unfair to the people of that ethnicity who do not commit violent crimes and are even more law-abiding than some other ethnicities.

2. We are all imperfect human beings. If we have a bad experience with a youth of ethnicity X and we hear on the news that many of the violent crimes (killing store clerks, for example)) are done primarily by ethnicity X, it is only natural to be wary when we see youths of that ethnicity.

a. I have no doubt whatsoever that some of these "celebrities" who proclaim their love for ethnicity X are also wary in certain situations.

3. The LAPD is now 51% Latino. I do not know whether that means that police behavior will improve or get worse. I do know (as a resident of the City of the Angels [!] since the 1940s) that the LAPD has traditionally been like an occupying force. It used to be brutal against gays (entrapping thousands every year and even sending a helicopter to raid a bathhouse). One chief of police in the 1950s openly admitted his prejudice against ethnicity X saying something like "We did not ask them to come here." Many people of that ethnicity moved to L.A. during World War II. His name was William Parker, who ruled with an iron fist and ignored civilian officials.

4. I do not know the facts in this case, but you can be sure that it will be investigated thoroughly, and any misconduct will be punished. The chief of police is officially a Latino (he is of Basque ancestry). And the mayor now has more power to control the police department. I admit that the uproar caused by BLM will ensure that justice is done in this case. (Already some officers are being investigated for misconduct during the recent riots here.)

"i was born black and i will die black. i just dont wanna die because i'm black" - Odell Beckham

Forum List

Back