Snow go for NYC’s electric garbage trucks that can’t handle winter weather

Why is your god increasing CO2 over 442ppm?

Why is your god melting the poles and increasing the global temperature so fast?

Does your god hate you? Because it gave you dominion over earth and you filled it with shit.

I don't know. Why did God end the ice age long before any factory or vehicle was on the planet?

The reason the commies switched from global warming to climate change is because we found the planet stopped warming, and they had to change it to something else. So they started using climate change. Why climate change? Because then they could never be proven wrong again. The climate has been changing since God made the place.

27 Dec 2022 ~~ By Sophia Chang
Don’t count on seeing electric garbage trucks plowing snow from city streets any time soon.
The city Department of Sanitation's goals to become carbon neutral are clashing with the limits of electric-powered vehicles.
The department aims to switch all 6,000 vehicles in its fleet from gas to electric as part of the state’s goal to reduce emissions by 2040. But city officials say they haven’t found electric garbage trucks that are powerful enough to plow snow.
The department has ordered seven electric rear loader garbage trucks, custom-made by Mack and costing more than $523,000 each, with delivery slated for the spring. Used for curbside trash collection, the department’s current rear loader truck fleet runs on diesel and is outfitted with plows to clear streets during snow season.
~Snip~
“How much power do they have? Can they run 12-hour shifts without a charge? I don't know,” Nespoli said.
~Snip~
“With current technology, full electrification isn’t possible now for some parts of our fleet, but we are monitoring closely and really hope it will be,” Gragnani said.

Commentary:
Look to lots more of these high-profile EV fails.
On the bright side. Each EV garbage truck that catches fire and burns clears about 80 feet of road of ice and snow.
All we need is another blizzard like 1947, 1960,1969, 1978, 1982, or 1996. EV plows will not be able to work straight 12 hour shifts or longer.
Succumb to stupid Democrat Environmental Wackoism, what could possibly go wrong?

Nothing for 300+ days a year.

Oh....you're under the impression that internal combustion vehicles are never non-operational. My bad.
So, the wingnuts in this thread are all saying that Elon Musk is a fucking idiot for making electric vehicles?
I watched my neighbour boost his son's gasoline powered car yesterday. Seems the son's battery was dead. Gasoline powered cars don't start in the cold either.

Strawman.png

while the left pushes vehicles that use child labor, burn as hot as the sun and quicker, are environmentally toxic at all levels. yes. Makes sense.

It's all in their grand scheme. First of all, the average EV is $62,000 meaning many middle-class and no poor person would be able to afford one. Once gasoline vehicles are gone, the only way to commute would be public transportation, a leftists dream. We already know there is not enough cobalt to produce enough batteries to replace all fossil fueled engines, so that would mean a shortage of vehicles and even some of the well to do people will have to use public transportation as well.

The Democrats are setting us on a path to take this country backwards, not forwards.

It's all in their grand scheme. First of all, the average EV is $62,000 meaning many middle-class and no poor person would be able to afford one. Once gasoline vehicles are gone, the only way to commute would be public transportation, a leftists dream. We already know there is not enough cobalt to produce enough batteries to replace all fossil fueled engines, so that would mean a shortage of vehicles and even some of the well to do people will have to use public transportation as well.

The Democrats are setting us on a path to take this country backwards, not forwards.
The Gov't is allowing mRNA crap in animal vaccines...so we will have no avoid beef in order to keep the spike protein generator out of our bodies. The gov't has virtually killed the horse industry except for the big trainers. So no horses to get around on. No gasoline for motor cycles.

I don't know. Why did God end the ice age long before any factory or vehicle was on the planet?

The reason the commies switched from global warming to climate change is because we found the planet stopped warming, and they had to change it to something else. So they started using climate change. Why climate change? Because then they could never be proven wrong again. The climate has been changing since God made the place.
Which communist leader again started warning us against AGW?

Lenin? Trotsky?

Also which Ice Age since your god is only about 8,000 years old…

Don’t count on seeing electric garbage trucks plowing snow from city streets any time soon.
The city Department of Sanitation's goals to become carbon neutral are clashing with the limits of electric-powered vehicles.
The department aims to switch all 6,000 vehicles in its fleet from gas to electric as part of the state’s goal to reduce emissions by 2040. But city officials say they haven’t found electric garbage trucks that are powerful enough to plow snow.
The department has ordered seven electric rear loader garbage trucks, custom-made by Mack and costing more than $523,000 each, with delivery slated for the spring. Used for curbside trash collection, the department’s current rear loader truck fleet runs on diesel and is outfitted with plows to clear streets during snow season.
~Snip~
“How much power do they have? Can they run 12-hour shifts without a charge? I don't know,” Nespoli said.
~Snip~
“With current technology, full electrification isn’t possible now for some parts of our fleet, but we are monitoring closely and really hope it will be,” Gragnani said.

Commentary:
On the bright side. Each EV garbage truck that catches fire and burns clears about 80 feet of road of ice and snow.
All we need is another blizzard like 1947, 1960,1969, 1978, 1982, or 1996. EV plows will not be able to work straight 12 hour shifts or longer.

Boy I’m glad no other type of vehicle has problems in winter.

Maybe the Dodge Charger stuck in the snow is electric instead of powered by a V-8?

Well. I’m sure that nobody told those fellows about the wonders of internal combustion. It solves all problems.

Unless the fuel gels or freezes. Or you run out stuck in the snow and can’t get help.

I wonder if we should abandon Diesel since it just doesn’t work in the cold?

Maybe the Dodge Charger stuck in the snow is electric instead of powered by a V-8?

Well. I’m sure that nobody told those fellows about the wonders of internal combustion. It solves all problems.

Unless the fuel gels or freezes. Or you run out stuck in the snow and can’t get help.

Fuel won't freeze, or gel, unless you add stuff to it. Cars get stuck in the snow all the time. They drive too fast, and they slide off of the road and into a snow bank.

Trucks can have that happen too.

The common physical trait of this is THEY WERE MOVING!

Your precious EV's can't even leave the parking lot!

Fuel won't freeze, or gel, unless you add stuff to it. Cars get stuck in the snow all the time. They drive too fast, and they slide off of the road and into a snow bank.

Trucks can have that happen too.

The common physical trait of this is THEY WERE MOVING!

Your precious EV's can't even leave the parking lot!
Moving buried in snow?

Why is your god melting the poles and increasing the global temperature so fast?

Does your god hate you? Because it gave you dominion over earth and you filled it with shit.
Where is your science proving that in the Earth’s 4.5 Billion Years of existence, the poles have never melted nor the temperature risen?

~Snip~
~Snip~

Commentary:
If you love America, every American should refuse to buy an EV of any type, and tell your friends and family not to buy them and criticize and ridicule anyone who even thinks of buying them. EVs are a scam, and are nothing but a trojan horse to gain more power and more control over people by tying them to an electrical grid and limiting their range of travel.

Why don't you quit exhaling CO2 and help save the planet?

CO2 is not even remotely the cause of Global Warming. There is no Global Warming.

That is nothing but a Trojan Horse for Globalist Fascist Marxists to gain control over The Means of Production and Enslave us under the guise of saving a planet that does not need saving.

We don't want your Evil 666 New World Order.
Moron

We are at one of the lowest levels of CO2 in Geologic Time.
Go sell that lie to one of your Satanic Earth Worshiping Global Government Friends.

iu

Last edited:

It works fine in the cold. if it gets really cold you just add anti-gel before you fill up. it's just insurance of course since fuel providers generally have anti-gel within the fuel itself. Trust me, I drove trucks most of my life, the last 28 years of my career driving tractor-trailers.

Which communist leader again started warning us against AGW?

Lenin? Trotsky?

Also which Ice Age since your god is only about 8,000 years old…

I'm talking about the Democrats. They are all Communists. The point that flew over your head is climate change is nothing new. It's been taking place ever since this planet was here. We can't change that no matter what we do.

Forum List

Back