🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Snowden: Traitor or Patriot

lobato1

Aug 6, 2013
Houston
Listening to Snowden’s version last night May 28, 2014, on NBC & ”IF” it’s true, that he did in fact previously notified, in writing, his superiors at the NSA, that they were stepping outside the restrictions placed by the Prez Obama’s orders of using those Secret Federal Courts to obtain warrants to wiretap (& whose members to these Secret Courts are designated by the Bush Administration’s nominated US Supreme Court Chief Justice John G. Roberts), I would say that ”IF” true, Snowden’s NSA bosses belong in jail not him.

My Reference on Prez Obama asking authorization from our courts: Secret Terrorism-Espionage Wiretaps Increased in 2011 - ABC News

Let’s remember that this scandal started in 2005 when The New York Times revealed in 2005 that the Bush Administration was conducting warrantless wiretapping at will on us Americans, however the Bush Administration argued successfully that they had that authority under the powers granted to him by the Patriot Act.

A shocked Republican control Congress reacted by passing the present Patriot Act Two with sunset provisions to the powers granted by Patriot Act One.

My Reference to The New York 2005 article: Warrantless spying fight - Salon.com

My Reference on Prez Bush’s admission of signing those secret orders: CNN.com - Bush*says he signed NSA wiretap order - Dec 17, 2005

Other References on Patriot Act One: George Bush Conspiracy NSA Patriot Act warrantless wiretapping of Americans, section 505

Best Regards

Lobato1

Snowden, as a citizen of the USA concerned about his fellow citizens, did what he had to do if he had any hope of maintaining a clear conscience. I, for one, am happy to know the depths by which the NSA delved into American's personal lives or had/has the potential for doing so.

The NSA is a reflection of a government that has outgrown it britches and overstepped its bounds. The creation of the Dept. of Homeland Security is an example of a massive power grab by a giant Police Agency hellbent on seeing to it that you, me, and every other "little-man" American remain in his little corner. Just shut up and do as you're all told -- we're watching you with that All-Seeing Eye.

Last edited:
& I agree that the NSA does seem to have gone berserk

Best Regards

Lobato1

Snowden, as a citizen of the USA concerned about his fellow citizens, did what he had to do if he had any hope of maintaining a clear conscience. I, for one, am happy to know the depths by which the NSA held delved into American's personal lives or had/has the potential for doing so.

The NSA is a reflection of a government that has outgrown it britches and overstepped its bounds. The creation of the Dept. of Homeland Security is an example of a massive power grab by a giant Police Agency hellbent on seeing to it that you, me, and every other "little-man" American remain in his little corner. Just shut up and do as you're all told -- we're watching you with that All-Seeing Eye.

Ive only listened to pieces of it. But Im more favorable of him now that I've heard his story from his own words.

Originally following the rules in writing to warn his bosses that they were violating the Presidents orders to obtain warrants to wiretap it's obvious that the NSA seems to have gone berserk & needs to be reined in.

Sad.

Best Regards

Lobato1

Ive only listened to pieces of it. But Im more favorable of him now that I've heard his story from his own words.

Last edited:
Is it possible that Snowden is a moron?
Do you think every drop-out who lands a cushy job in the defense industry is a genius?
Is it possible that Snowden has delusions of grandeur?
Is that possible, and is that what led him to believe fleeing to Russia was a good idea?

There is an assumption that Snowden is some tech wizard. What if he is just a donut eating IT jockey with too much time on his hands and a bad plan?

Last edited:
Edward Snowden is a racist who engages in acts of digital, verbal, and political terrorism to weaken the standing of President Obama and his administration.

He belongs in prison for his hate crimes.

If he had limited his activities to domestic information, I would go the patriot route.

But he chose otherwise.

Do you think every drop-out who lands a cushy job in the defense industry is a genius?
Is that possible, and is that what led him to believe fleeing to Russia was a good idea?

There is an assumption that Snowden is some tech wizard. What if he is just a donut eating IT jockey with too much time on his hands and a bad plan?

Is it possible that you have no idea what you're talking about? Snowden didn't "flee" to Russia, as he was stranded there while in transit by the U.S. government who revoked his passport. Question: If I get stuck in Nashville on my way to Texas, was I going to Tennessee?

If he had limited his activities to domestic information, I would go the patriot route.

But he chose otherwise.

Why? Do the Germans or Brazilians, or millions of other innocent civilians, the NSA is now known to have been spying on somehow have less rights to privacy than American citizens? Would it be alright for the Chinese government to spy on Americans because we're not Chinese citizens?

But he chose otherwise.

Why? Do the Germans or Brazilians, or millions of other innocent civilians, the NSA is now known to have been spying on somehow have less rights to privacy than American citizens? Would it be alright for the Chinese government to spy on Americans because we're not Chinese citizens?

Yes.

Do you actually think the Chinese Government, or any foreign government, will stop spying on Americans because you think it's not okay? Tell that to the Russian hackers who just the other day tried to download a "setup.exe" onto people's computers right here on this forum through a redirection attack.

Here is a link:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/358212-i-keep-getting-redirected.html

That just happened. Your policies would leave US citizens both blind and defenseless.

Is it possible that you have no idea what you're talking about? Snowden didn't "flee" to Russia, as he was stranded there while in transit by the U.S. government who revoked his passport. Question: If I get stuck in Nashville on my way to Texas, was I going to Tennessee?

The question is insufficient. If you robbed a bank and were on your way to a safehouse in Texas, but got stuck in Nashville due to Police road blocks, then it is not an inaccurate description to say you fled to Nashville.

You speak of the man as if he went on vacation. Let us stick to the facts. He was not on vacation.

But he chose otherwise.

Yes.

Do you actually think the Chinese Government, or any foreign government, will stop spying on Americans because you think it's not okay? Tell that to the Russian hackers who just the other day tried to download a "setup.exe" onto people's computers right here on this forum through a redirection attack.

Here is a link:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/announcements-and-feedback/358212-i-keep-getting-redirected.html

That just happened. Your policies would leave US citizens both blind and defenseless.

Not spying on every single person in the Bahamas doesn't leave the U.S. "blind and defenseless." If the Chinese government were going to jump off a bridge would you want the U.S. government to follow suit?

The question is insufficient. If you robbed a bank and were on your way to a safehouse in Texas, but got stuck in Nashville due to Police road blocks, then it is not an inaccurate description to say you fled to Nashville.

You speak of the man as if he went on vacation. Let us stick to the facts. He was not on vacation.

Was the item I took from the bank evidence that the bank was committing crimes against the bank's other customers? That's the only way your analogy would be relevant.

Forum List

Back