So....how many posters do we have who have heard of this INCEL Movement?

How many will apply for unemployment compensation if no questions are asked?
are you employed or not?

I have a great job, thanks for asking. And an occasional part-time job I love doing.
so, why would You apply for unemployment compensation for being allegedly, unemployed?

Because they will send you a check.
and? "does labor ha even in alleged, Right to Work States?

You asked why someone would apply for unemployment compensation. I gave you a legitimate answer.

Now you switch to "does labor have an actual right to work..."???

You keep saying that. Unemployment compensation must verify each and every case. Welfare may verify 10% or less. And the information gathered for welfare comes from the person applying.
Unemployment compensation solves for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment. Most participants will self-select. There is no way, means testing can be more efficient.

It is more efficient for 2 reasons:
1) The means testing is mostly forms filled out by the applicant. It uses almost no resources.
2) The means testing helps prevent fraud, which wastes resources and produces a large inefficiency.
solving for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment is economic, not political. there is no way, means testing based on politics, can ever be more efficient.

Welfare is a safety net. Whether you want to call it "solving for capitalism's natural rate of employment" or poverty. And it is a safety net based on need. You don't need it.
We should have no people on the street if they could be getting unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed.

Bullshit. I gave you the reasons why just offering a check will not work. If you choose to ignore it, that is your problem. But you need to either address the post I gave you or admit that unemployment compensation will not solve homelessness.

You keep saying that. Unemployment compensation must verify each and every case. Welfare may verify 10% or less. And the information gathered for welfare comes from the person applying.
Unemployment compensation solves for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment. Most participants will self-select. There is no way, means testing can be more efficient.

1) The means testing is mostly forms filled out by the applicant. It uses almost no resources.
2) The means testing helps prevent fraud, which wastes resources and produces a large inefficiency.
solving for capitalism's natural rate of unemployment is economic, not political. there is no way, means testing based on politics, can ever be more efficient.

Welfare is a safety net. Whether you want to call it "solving for capitalism's natural rate of employment" or poverty. And it is a safety net based on need. You don't need it.
We should have no people on the street if they could be getting unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed.

Rather than just ignore it or make vague accusations of me posting fallacies or telling stories, try to address what I actually said. I mean, if you can.

The reason unemployment compensation will not work against homelessness is:
"Where do they mail the checks? What do the homeless do with the checks? They have no ID to cash them and no bank account. And if they do manage to cash them, what you want is the equivalent of $14 an hour. That is $560 a week before taxes. The federal tax would be 12%. In Georgia, the state tax would be 4% or %5. That means every week these homeless people will be given $470. No bank account. No place to live. How many will be robbed and probably hurt? Let me rephrase that to make it easier. How many WON'T be robbed and probably hurt? Damned few I would be. Especially when word got out that the homeless were getting $470 a week.

And what about the ones who have substance abuse problems? No help for their addictions, but here is $470 a week you can use to buy booze or drugs. Good luck!!!

And what about those with mental problems? Do you think they are ready to deal with having a little over $2k a month in cash? You would be creating another set of victims.

Now if you want to pretend that my explanations are wrong, that is on you. But I guarantee they are dead accurate. I have spent too much time volunteering in soup kitchens to be told "If we just send them a check they will be fine". That is blind ignorance."

are you employed or not?

I have a great job, thanks for asking. And an occasional part-time job I love doing.
so, why would You apply for unemployment compensation for being allegedly, unemployed?

You asked why someone would apply for unemployment compensation. I gave you a legitimate answer.

It is easy to check if you are already working. If you are unemployed, you could be going to school or learning a trade.

Bullshit. I gave you the reasons why just offering a check will not work. If you choose to ignore it, that is your problem. But you need to either address the post I gave you or admit that unemployment compensation will not solve homelessness.
You have no argument. People just need capital under capitalism and capitalism has a natural rate of unemployment.

Rather than just ignore it or make vague accusations of me posting fallacies or telling stories, try to address what I actually said. I mean, if you can.

"Where do they mail the checks? What do the homeless do with the checks? They have no ID to cash them and no bank account. And if they do manage to cash them, what you want is the equivalent of $14 an hour. That is $560 a week before taxes. The federal tax would be 12%. In Georgia, the state tax would be 4% or %5. That means every week these homeless people will be given $470. No bank account. No place to live. How many will be robbed and probably hurt? Let me rephrase that to make it easier. How many WON'T be robbed and probably hurt? Damned few I would be. Especially when word got out that the homeless were getting $470 a week.

And what about the ones who have substance abuse problems? No help for their addictions, but here is $470 a week you can use to buy booze or drugs. Good luck!!!

And what about those with mental problems? Do you think they are ready to deal with having a little over $2k a month in cash? You would be creating another set of victims.

Now if you want to pretend that my explanations are wrong, that is on you. But I guarantee they are dead accurate. I have spent too much time volunteering in soup kitchens to be told "If we just send them a check they will be fine". That is blind ignorance."
You would not believe how market friendly people can be, when they have an income.

It is easy to check if you are already working. If you are unemployed, you could be going to school or learning a trade.

Is it? How easy is it?

Yes, you could be in school or learning a trade. But the biggest point is do you need the money? If someone is supporting you and you have grants or scholarships for school, you don't need the money. You want the money. Access to the public dole is not a guaranteed right.

You have no argument. People just need capital under capitalism and capitalism has a natural rate of unemployment.

Just because you ignore my argument does not mean it is not accurate.

You would not believe how market friendly people can be, when they have an income.

Completely irrelevant.

If you are going to continue to tout the benefits of unemployment compensation in the fight against homelessness, answer these questions.
1) Where does the unemployment office mail the check?
2) How does a homeless person get a state ID? No address means no ID. Which means a check is of no use.
3) Where do they put the money they get? Cash in their pocket? No bank will open an account without an address.
4) How will those with substance abuse and mental problems get help before they are handed $2,000.00 a month? Otherwise you are doing more harm than good.

Unless you can answer those questions, your claims of being market friendly or that unemployment compensation is the solution, are just so much nonsense.

Is it? How easy is it?

Yes, you could be in school or learning a trade. But the biggest point is do you need the money? If someone is supporting you and you have grants or scholarships for school, you don't need the money. You want the money. Access to the public dole is not a guaranteed right.
Why risk perjury for less than the minimum wage to work?

You make up your own stories. Anyone who is homeless should be able to go to EDD and state so, and obtain compensation for Capitalism not Labor's or an Individual's, natural rate of unemployment. You cannot blame the Individual in an at-will employment State.

i ignore nothing but red herrings and straw men and other forms of fallacies.

Completely irrelevant.

If you are going to continue to tout the benefits of unemployment compensation in the fight against homelessness, answer these questions.
2) How does a homeless person get a state ID? No address means no ID. Which means a check is of no use.
3) Where do they put the money they get? Cash in their pocket? No bank will open an account without an address.
4) How will those with substance abuse and mental problems get help before they are handed $2,000.00 a month? Otherwise you are doing more harm than good.

Unless you can answer those questions, your claims of being market friendly or that unemployment compensation is the solution, are just so much nonsense.
There are check cashing places and banks should be happy to open an account for a person who will have a consistent income for awhile.

Involuntary Celibate males? The driver in Toronto was one....we had one kill many people in CA recently too. (no, I will not put out their names...they are just scum) What's up with this? Guys who can't get laid have a movement....cheer on violence against women....against "Chad" and "Stacy" (regular people with regular relationships)....what's up with that?
I've seen it referenced a lot, don't know much about "the movement". Is it actually a movement, or just a bunch of socially akward young men venting on the internet?

Is it? How easy is it?

Why risk prison for a few hundred buck? People do it.

Completely irrelevant.

There are check cashing places and banks should be happy to open an account for a person who will have a consistent income for awhile.

Not without a state ID.

You make up your own stories. Anyone who is homeless should be able to go to EDD and state so, and obtain compensation for Capitalism not Labor's or an Individual's, natural rate of unemployment. You cannot blame the Individual in an at-will employment State.

i ignore nothing but red herrings and straw men and other forms of fallacies.

Please tell me which of the following is a red herring or other fallacy:

Is it? How easy is it?

Why risk prison for a few hundred buck? People do it.
Only illegals don't care about the law.

Completely irrelevant.

Not without a state ID.
Calfironia EDD should be able to issue State id. cards and hold checks for people who have no fixed address, until they do.

Forum List

Back