So How Many Times Were There More Jobs Than People During The Obama Years?

all i remember during the Obama recession was about 35% unemployment with over 90 million people unemployed
Was more like 10%, and the Bush recession was in full swing when President Obama took charge.
Actually the economy was on the uptick when Obama came to office. It wasn't the Bush recession by the way.

No it was not.

Job loss was still happening
Unemployment had not peaked
GDP did not hit positive growth till mid 2009

And yes. It was Bush’s recession

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
It was on the way up. It wasn't bushes recession. Read the Wall Street Journal on both of those issues. He wasn't the only one responsible. Programs and policies that were put in place long before were also contributing factors.

Of course he was not the only one responsible, but he was the POTUS and the since the current POTUS is getting all the credit for the good economy, that POTUS gets the blame for the recession.

With GG, I have to agree on this one. POTUS always gets the blame. It is his/her job to have the foresight to fix it! Bush tried, then backed down to the Dems who had control of Fannie and Freddie. Still, that is no excuse for GW!

Still, if GW gets the blame, then Trump gets the glory today, correct! If not, then just like the dual justice system, I guess who gets the blame or the glory, depends upon which political party you belong to!

:aargh: :aargh: :5_1_12024: So now Obama comes back from vacation to brag about how this is his economy? The Trump economic wonder was created by him?
Really? Does anyone ever recall a time during that 8 year horror when we hit 20,000 in the stock market and we had 7 million job openings?
:abgg2q.jpg:

The economy grew under Obama and the growth under Trump has been a continuation of that growth. Neither Trump nor Obama had anything to do with it.

Wrong answer-)

Obama grew because the fed printed money. Guess where all that money went-) Into the stock market! (as an aside, guess which modern President presided over the BIGGEST disparity of wealth between rich and poor! I will give you 3 guesses, and the 1st 2 do not count, lol)

On the other hand, Trump has presided over the growth of 11 TRILLION dollars of wealth. More than 40% of that is in TANGIBLE assets, NOT stock market wealth!

That is a true statement!
:linky:

:aargh: :aargh: :5_1_12024: So now Obama comes back from vacation to brag about how this is his economy? The Trump economic wonder was created by him?
Really? Does anyone ever recall a time during that 8 year horror when we hit 20,000 in the stock market and we had 7 million job openings?
Lol, how many points has tRump dropped the unemployment rate?

Economy is on fire under trump.
Thanks to Obama.

What was Obama's average growth rate? Want me to tell you, lol. He stunk it out, even if you throw out his 1st 2 years-)
So, how far has tRump reduced unemployment? How many points?

Economy is continuing the trend started 9 years ago.

If we would have continued the Obysmal trend, we would be growing at 1.6%, lol. Your guy stunk it out big time, and you can't stand the fact that the economy is now going so well, the Republicans have a 15 point advantage on the economy, highest EVER recorded; but you keep trying to spin, while everyone laughs!
You need to check your facts kid.

i remember the day when Obama crashed the DOW to about 6600. great job !!!
That was in March, 2009. Over the next 7 years and 10 months, it would triple to 19800.

200% increase under Obama.

Under trump (so far) it was up about 32% during his first year in office. A stellar performance after inheriting Obama’s strong economy. But down about 3% in the 9 months since then.

200% of next to nothing, is still next to nothing my friend!
LOLOLOLOL

From 6600 to 19800 is “next to nothing??”

Name a president who presided over a bigger gain....

You righties crack me up.

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

Economy is continuing the trend started 9 years ago.

If we would have continued the Obysmal trend, we would be growing at 1.6%, lol. Your guy stunk it out big time, and you can't stand the fact that the economy is now going so well, the Republicans have a 15 point advantage on the economy, highest EVER recorded; but you keep trying to spin, while everyone laughs!
You need to check your facts kid.
His facts are whatever he makes up.

[
Obama averaged 2% growth... worst ever post war era recovery

Mr Trump has averaged 3% to 4%

Obama can't compete

-Geaux

3% to 4% growth of what?
LIES!

The second quarter was 4.1 percent. You're lying again.
One lucky QUARTER is NOT an "AVERAGE!"

he has been in office less than two years, obozo had 8 years and never had a quarter like that.
LOLOL

You still can’t stop lying, huh?

Here are the quarters where Obama did even better...

2009Q4: 4.5
2011Q4: 4.7
2014Q2: 5.1
2014Q3: 4.9

https://www.bea.gov/system/files/2018-09/gdpchg.xlsx

[

he has been in office less than two years, obozo had 8 years and never had a quarter like that.
LOLOL

In Redfish's defense, I do not think he was lying. He is just a really ignorant person and does not know any better. He parrots what he is told by his party masters and thinks that they will never lie to him.

[

LOLOL

In Redfish's defense, I do not think he was lying. He is just a really ignorant person and does not know any better. He parrots what he is told by his party masters and thinks that they will never lie to him.
You don’t know Redfish

[

LOLOL

You don’t know Redfish

Not personally, but based on his post on this forum he is not a very smart person at all, things like GDP are likely above his ability to comprehend.

all i remember during the Obama recession was about 35% unemployment with over 90 million people unemployed
Was more like 10%, and the Bush recession was in full swing when President Obama took charge.
Actually the economy was on the uptick when Obama came to office. It wasn't the Bush recession by the way.

No it was not.

It was on the way up. It wasn't bushes recession. Read the Wall Street Journal on both of those issues. He wasn't the only one responsible. Programs and policies that were put in place long before were also contributing factors.

Of course he was not the only one responsible, but he was the POTUS and the since the current POTUS is getting all the credit for the good economy, that POTUS gets the blame for the recession.
Wrong on both counts

No it was not.

Wrong on both counts

:21::21::21::21:

Trumps-Numbers-year1.png

Trump's Numbers - FactCheck.org
That was kinda my point. He hasn't even knocked a full point off of it. And his job creation numbers are lagging behind as well.
I will presume you serve food or work in a kitchen for a living.

Damn where did you get those numbers? Infowars? That 90 million figure also included recent retiree's that left the workforce and disabled people. 35% unemployment you're pulling out of your ragged ass.
Wow!
100% of unemployed Americans are disabled?

No it was not.

Wrong on both counts

:21::21::21::21:
Cartoons..... the child’s way of communicating

[

LOLOL

Wow ! 4 out of 32

The future is kind of bleak for young Americans entering the work force. If social security and medicare are cut alot they are screwed. Work until you drop. A horrible thing to look forward to.

i remember the day when Obama crashed the DOW to about 6600. great job !!!
That was in March, 2009. Over the next 7 years and 10 months, it would triple to 19800.

200% increase under Obama.

Under trump (so far) it was up about 32% during his first year in office. A stellar performance after inheriting Obama’s strong economy. But down about 3% in the 9 months since then.

200% of next to nothing, is still next to nothing my friend!
LOLOLOLOL

From 6600 to 19800 is “next to nothing??”

Name a president who presided over a bigger gain....

You righties crack me up.

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif
You loons on both sides are hilarious. You always want to give the pres credit when it’s good and wander away when it’s bad. All of you are clowns.

Forum List

Back