So, remember when Hillary "taking money from foreign nationals" was disgustingly unacceptable?

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Well...apparently, Trump doesn't think so. In fact, he wants his own foreign support. And, just in case you guys wanna dismiss this as just "Liberal Media muckraking", I'm using The Washington Times as my freakin source! So, we can dispense with the "source dismissal" right from the start.

Donald Trump’s presidential campaign is illegally soliciting campaign donations from foreign nationals, according to a complaint being filed Wednesday with the Federal Election Commission.

Mr. Trump’s campaign has emailed solicitations to foreign nationals in Iceland, Scotland, Britain, and Australia requesting that they make contributions to his presidential campaign, according to a copy of the complaint being filed by the Campaign Legal Center and Democracy 21, two campaign finance watchdog groups.

“Donald Trump should have known better,” said Paul S. Ryan
[NOT the Paul Ryan who is the Speaker of the House], deputy executive director of the Campaign Legal Center.

“It is a no-brainer that it violates the law to send fundraising emails to members of a foreign government on their official foreign government email accounts, and yet, that’s exactly what Trump has done repeatedly,” Mr. Ryan said.

Apparently, Trump has been so busy in the UK, that Parliament has even introduced legislation that would bar Trump from having access to its members.

According to the complaint, it's not even reasonable to suggest that Trump didn't know who he was soliciting:

“A reasonable person would have inquired into whether these individuals were foreign nationals, or concluded that there that there is a substantial probability that these individuals were foreign nationals,” the complaint says, arguing that the campaign already knew its list included foreign nationals and foreign leaders’ email addresses indicated they live in the United Kingdom or Australia.

Federal law bans foreign nationals from contributing to political campaigns in the United States.

The complaint outlines that a solicitation would be illegal if someone is aware of facts that would lead a “reasonable person” to question whether the source of a contribution is from a foreign national but a person failed to conduct a “reasonable inquiry,” or “to conclude that there is a substantial probability that the source of the funds solicited … is a foreign national.”

So, just so we're all on the same page, HIllary has gotten "Poopoo-face" from Republicans, and conservatives, because the Clinton Foundation has received donations from foreign nationals. The Clinton Foundation has, in turn, made donations to carious Clinton PACs (As I understand it, they have never made any direct contributions to the Clinton Campaign; feel free to correct me if I am mistaken). So, there is some question about whether foreign money has made it into the campaign. So, on Clinton's part, there is a great deal of supposition, assumption, and suspicion.

Meanwhile, Trump, apparently, wants there to be no doubt whatsoever. He went directly to parliament members, Ministers, and other foreign nationals in the UK, Australia, even Iceland, with his hand out, asking for money.

But, Trump is the self-funded, self-directed candidate that we can all rely on to be honest, upfront, and sincere.

Forum List

Back