🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So there was no Benghazi scandal?

oldunclemark

Nov 1, 2008
So the Islamic terrorist who was captured this week by the USA said they attacked the US Embassy in Benghazi because of the blasphemous Islamic video...
..exactly what was first reported.

...and Susan Rice reported the truth? And the entire GOP has been wrong (AGAIN) throughout multiple investigations..?

So the GOP has wasted thousands of dollars and months of time that could have been used actually legislating..?

wow,,they must feel really incompetent:(

So the Islamic terrorist who was captured this week by the USA said they attacked the US Embassy in Benghazi because of the blasphemous Islamic video...

...and Susan Rice reported the truth? And the entire GOP has been wrong (AGAIN) throughout multiple investigations..?

So the GOP has wasted thousands of dollars and months of time that could have been used actually legislating..?

Any link to that?

Considering how friendly Obama is with the radicals, I would bet that this guy is willing to play along and claim Obama was right. I bet he will be richly rewarded for this. With the investigation heating up and more people watching, something had to be done. How convenient that one guy, who they will claim was the leader, turns out to be some protester after all. And the idiots will buy it hook, line and sinker.

Doesn't anyone ever question the timing of things? Funny that after all this time, someone finally gets caught. And we will be asked to believe that a bunch of poor protesters, who happened to be armed with expensive weapons, just happened to be offended by some obscure video and flew off the handle on 9/11? And the attack was so well planned that it's sure hard to believe a bunch of hapless protesters could come up with such a complicated scheme and carry it out like professionals. And all those threats and attacks in the months before that were just coincidences.

How fucking stupid do they think people are?

Last edited:

Right..no scandal according to the scandalers...dipshit.

Considering how friendly Obama is with the radicals, I would bet that this guy is willing to play along and claim Obama was right. I bet he will be richly rewarded for this. With the investigation heating up and more people watching, something had to be done. How convenient that one guy, who they will claim was the leader, turns out to be some protester after all. And the idiots will buy it hook, line and sinker.

Doesn't anyone ever question the timing of things? Funny that after all this time, someone finally gets caught. And we will be asked to believe that a bunch of poor protesters, who happened to be armed with expensive weapons, just happened to be offended by some obscure video and flew off the handle on 9/11? And the attack was so well planned that it's sure hard to believe a bunch of hapless protesters could come up with such a complicated scheme and carry it out like professionals. And all those threats and attacks in the months before that were just coincidences.

I'm sure it would have been all over the media if it was legit. This is what a Libyan had told a news reporter (NY TIMES) and that the terrorist had told the Libyan. He said she said

I've been looking for any reports about anything this guy has said. So far, all I've found is reports that he says he wasn't there at all. No videos, no attacks, nothing... so far.

Where did you hear he said anything about a video?

You didn't, by any chance, make it up out of thin air, did you?

I've been looking for any reports about anything this guy has said. So far, all I've found is reports that he says he wasn't there at all. No videos, no attacks, nothing... so far.

Where did you hear he said anything about a video?

You didn't, by any chance, make it up out of thin air, did you?

Daily KOS ran a NY Times piece. But it was vague at best.

2egejhe.jpg

Correct.

There was no ‘scandal’ concerning Benghazi as perceived and contrived by the partisan right, where the president committed some sort of ‘crime’ and further violated the law by ordering a ‘cover up’ that would lead to his impeachment and being convicted of the charges in the Senate.

So no, in this context there was no Benghazi ‘scandal.’

Correct.

There was no ‘scandal’ concerning Benghazi as perceived and contrived by the partisan right, where the president committed some sort of ‘crime’ and further violated the law by ordering a ‘cover up’ that would lead to his impeachment and being convicted of the charges in the Senate.

Not sure you're following what the OP was stating, but carry on

Correct.

Funny what happens when you build your own context....dipshit.

OP- Nope, and no IRS or F+F "scandals", either. All total bs.

This prisoner told onlookers AT THE TIME that the attack was a reaction to the video- it was reported, but lost in a tidal wave of Pub propaganda, ginned up by corporate media who love only ratings. They're all a disgrace...

You sound like a lunatic conspiracy theorist.

At the same time, I do not think this claim has any merit. I cannot find any credible sources.

Last edited:

Given that Dick Cheney of ALL people is out in print today criticizing Obama over Iraq, and the RWnuts are lapping it up,

don't think they're going to admit to their stupidity over Benghazi anytime soon.

Rightwingers are like most of the aliens on the old Star Trek - they look like human beings but they're not from this planet.

Given that Dick Cheney of ALL people is out in print today criticizing Obama over Iraq, and the RWnuts are lapping it up,

don't think they're going to admit to their stupidity over Benghazi anytime soon.

Rightwingers are like most of the aliens on the old Star Trek - they look like human beings but they're not from this planet.

...and as you can see in post #8, some of them are so non-human they can only communicate with pictures.

This seems more like it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/18/world/middleeast/apprehension-of-ahmed-abu-khattala-may-begin-to-answer-questions-on-assault.html?_r=0

Here is a blurb. I guess the truth will follow, if we are lucky:
Despite extensive speculation about the possible role of Al Qaeda in directing the attack, Mr. Abu Khattala is a local, small-time Islamist militant. He has no known connections to international terrorist groups, say American officials briefed on the criminal investigation and intelligence reporting, and other Benghazi Islamists and militia leaders who have known him for many years.

In several hours of interviews since the attack, Mr. Abu Khattala was happy to profess his admiration for Osama bin Laden and other leaders of Al Qaeda. He insisted that American foreign policy alone was to blame for the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. But he remained a distant admirer of Mr. Bin Laden’s organization, having spent most of his adult life in and out of jail for his extremism under Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi.

Even by the standards of Benghazi jihadists — and even among many of his friends — Mr. Abu Khattala stands out as both erratic and extremist. “Even in prison, he was always alone,” said Sheikh Mohamed Abu Sidra, an Islamist member of Parliament from Benghazi who spent several years in prison with Mr. Abu Khattala.

“He is sincere, but he is very ignorant, and I don’t think he is 100 percent mentally fit,” Mr. Abu Sidra said. “I always ask myself, how did he become a leader?”

Correct.

True but conservatives are convinced that Obama had the ambassador killed because he was going to reveal that he was a Kenyan Muslim set to take away their guns. Nothing will ever convince them otherwise.

The "Scandal" was Romney attacking a President during a time when America was being attacked by a foreign aggressor, WHILE THE ATTACK WAS ONGOING.

That's never been done.

Ever.

Romney was and is a scumbag.

As are the scumbags who continue to use this terribly sad and horrible a political chip for extremely selfish and un-American reasons.

Forum List

Back