🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So there was no Benghazi scandal?

I didn't bring up Iraq that was your boyfriend doing it, asshole.

Just kill yourself for being scum and an idiot.

asswipe...how come Obama claimed "Iraq was a success in 2011?" :cuckoo:

Ya, change the subject. He called it a success because at that point in time the war had met the basic goals as set by the administration that started the war had set.

Back on topic, if you had an ounce of knowledge about security you would know that blaming the attack on demonstrations would institute a more stringent and harsh set of rules of engagement. No more fuckers climbing over the wall without the clear option of shooting them. Heavy munitions available to all security details at all times.

You are telling everyone stuff everyone already knows. We got it. Your crappy defense of your stupid rants and not related to the topic at hand. You are just desperate to drag the topic into a different and unrelated topic.

Yeah, there's a Benghazi 'scandal', but it's now been contained inside the rightwing
Alamo.

I hate to point out the obvious here, Carbineer but the only thing that has "contained" the Benghazi scandal is that it has to compete for attention with all the OTHER scandals and policy gaffes that the Obama Administration has saddled us with! It's hard to keep track of one scandal with this White House because there are so many OTHERS!

Thank you Colonel Crockett.

The IC refers to him as UBL, not OBL.....asswipe.

Also, the lead CIA agent working in Afghanistan during the 80s said they didn't work with UBL they worked with the Northern ALLIANCE. Uh....UBL killed the leader of the Northern Alliance on 10 Sep 01....does that date ring a bell?

You coming here repeating that same lie shows you are not worthy of being free from a rubber room.
Don't you ever get tired of lying?
Reagan owns 9/11. Reagan armed BOTH attackers of the World Trade Center.

Dr. Frankenbacher | OC Weekly

It was called the Reagan Doctrine. In the eyes of Reagan officials bent on rolling back the Reds everywhere, Afghanistan exemplified the phrase "communist domination." By the time the Russians pulled out of Afghanistan in 1989, the U.S government had lavished $3 billion in arms on the rebels, who, during the bloodiest days of the war, were downing an average of one Russian helicopter gunship per day.

"These weren’t American weapons," said Rohrabacher. "By and large, it was done with Russian equipment bought from Egypt or one of the other states that was once allied with Russia but was now friendly to us. About the only American weapons they had were the Stinger missiles."...

... the majority of U.S. military-aid recipients were unsavory, even unstable characters. The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), which coordinated the efforts on the ground in Afghanistan, was never very choosy about who got arms.

Roughly half the weapons the CIA supplied went to fundamentalist Afghan leader Gulbeddin Hekmatyar—"one of the most stridently anti-Western of the resistance leaders," according to Mary Ann Weaver’s May 1996 article in The Atlantic Monthly. Another arms customer was the blind Sheikh Omar Abdul-Rahman, later convicted of involvement in the 1993 botched bombing of the World Trade Center. Oh, and Osama bin Laden, the man whom George W. Bush says was behind the Sept. 11 attacks.

"I witnessed this in the White House when U.S. officials in charge of the military aid program to the mujahideen permitted a large percentage of our assistance to be channeled to the most anti-Western, nondemocratic elements of the mujahideen," said Rohrabacher in an April 14, 1999, official statement on U.S. policy toward Afghanistan.

Rohrabacher saw firsthand evidence to support his claim. In November 1988, having just been elected to Congress, Rohrabacher took off on his first trip to Afghanistan. The anti-Soviet war was still raging as Rohrabacher set off on a five-day hike with an armed mujahideen patrol from Pakistan into eastern Afghanistan.

"We at one point in that march came across a camp of tents," Rohrabacher said of his visit to Jalalabad, then under siege by the Afghan rebels. "I was told at that point I must not speak English for at least another three hours because the people in those tents were Saudi Arabians under a crazy commander named bin Laden and that bin Laden was so crazy that he wanted to kill Americans as much as he wanted to kill Russians."

Also, the lead CIA agent working in Afghanistan during the 80s said they didn't work with UBL they worked with the Northern ALLIANCE. Uh....UBL killed the leader of the Northern Alliance on 10 Sep 01....does that date ring a bell?

You coming here repeating that same lie shows you are not worthy of being free from a rubber room.

OBL was St. Ronnie's Freedom Fighter. If someone other than Bush owns 9/11 then it has to be Reagan.
9-11 happened thanks to Bill Clinton, shitstain.

Post 9-11, anyone with a fucking clue understands US Embassies especially in Islamic countries need extra security.

You're in territory you know nothing about. You should go study about this stuff before you make yourself look any more foolish, if that is possible.
Bin Laden's CIA connection and support came through Gulbuddin Hekmatyar. Hakmatyar collected over 600 million dollars in CIA funds during the Reagan administration.

Moderation Message:

Zone 2 rules (politics included) REQUIRES
that every response you post contain some
information or comment relevant to the topic.

Do NOT respond to off-topic posts with off-topic
comments. Both are rules violations..

If you need a refresher, the Rules and Guidelines are
on the Home Page.

FlaCalTenn

Yeah, there's a Benghazi 'scandal', but it's now been contained inside the rightwing
Alamo.

I hate to point out the obvious here, Carbineer but the only thing that has "contained" the Benghazi scandal is that it has to compete for attention with all the OTHER scandals and policy gaffes that the Obama Administration has saddled us with! It's hard to keep track of one scandal with this White House because there are so many OTHERS!

Thank you Colonel Crockett.

Tough to rebut the truth...isn't it, Carbineer!

RAMclr-061914-video-IBD-COLOR-FINAL.gif.cms

It was called the Reagan Doctrine. In the eyes of Reagan officials bent on rolling back the Reds everywhere, Afghanistan exemplified the phrase "communist domination." By the time the Russians pulled out of Afghanistan in 1989, the U.S government had lavished $3 billion in arms on the rebels, who, during the bloodiest days of the war, were downing an average of one Russian helicopter gunship per day.

"These weren’t American weapons," said Rohrabacher. "By and large, it was done with Russian equipment bought from Egypt or one of the other states that was once allied with Russia but was now friendly to us. About the only American weapons they had were the Stinger missiles."...

... the majority of U.S. military-aid recipients were unsavory, even unstable characters. The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), which coordinated the efforts on the ground in Afghanistan, was never very choosy about who got arms.

Roughly half the weapons the CIA supplied went to fundamentalist Afghan leader Gulbeddin Hekmatyar—"one of the most stridently anti-Western of the resistance leaders," according to Mary Ann Weaver’s May 1996 article in The Atlantic Monthly. Another arms customer was the blind Sheikh Omar Abdul-Rahman, later convicted of involvement in the 1993 botched bombing of the World Trade Center. Oh, and Osama bin Laden, the man whom George W. Bush says was behind the Sept. 11 attacks.

"I witnessed this in the White House when U.S. officials in charge of the military aid program to the mujahideen permitted a large percentage of our assistance to be channeled to the most anti-Western, nondemocratic elements of the mujahideen," said Rohrabacher in an April 14, 1999, official statement on U.S. policy toward Afghanistan.

Rohrabacher saw firsthand evidence to support his claim. In November 1988, having just been elected to Congress, Rohrabacher took off on his first trip to Afghanistan. The anti-Soviet war was still raging as Rohrabacher set off on a five-day hike with an armed mujahideen patrol from Pakistan into eastern Afghanistan.

"We at one point in that march came across a camp of tents," Rohrabacher said of his visit to Jalalabad, then under siege by the Afghan rebels. "I was told at that point I must not speak English for at least another three hours because the people in those tents were Saudi Arabians under a crazy commander named bin Laden and that bin Laden was so crazy that he wanted to kill Americans as much as he wanted to kill Russians."

The World Trade Center was attacked by men "armed" with box cutters. Your claim that Reagan "armed" them is laughable.

So the Islamic terrorist who was captured this week by the USA said they attacked the US Embassy in Benghazi because of the blasphemous Islamic video...
..exactly what was first reported.

...and Susan Rice reported the truth? And the entire GOP has been wrong (AGAIN) throughout multiple investigations..?

So the GOP has wasted thousands of dollars and months of time that could have been used actually legislating..?

wow,,they must feel really incompetent:(

So tell me again why it took two years to arrest this guy who was available any time? Ever heard of, "Let's make a deal?"

OP- Nope, and no IRS or F+F "scandals", either. All total bs.

This prisoner told onlookers AT THE TIME that the attack was a reaction to the video- it was reported, but lost in a tidal wave of Pub propaganda, ginned up by corporate media who love only ratings. They're all a disgrace...

He did say that after the attack, but he also at other times refused to give a specific answer and he's blamed attacks on the US as being the result of US foreign policy. He has not said that I saw ever the attack was spontaneous.

I'm not clear how this changes that while the Obama administration was inept in their handling of Benghazi itself, it was their cover up in the aftermath of the attack that was the real issue. This doesn't change anything.

Repubs and their trying to score cheap political points :(

tt140619.gif

Lets move on now to tax reform or immigration.

Last edited:
Moderation Message:

on the Home Page.

FlaCalTenn

The World Trade Center was attacked by men "armed" with box cutters. Your claim that Reagan "armed" them is laughable.
Did you miss the notice?

Moderation Message:

on the Home Page.

FlaCalTenn

Did you miss the notice?

What I'm "missing" is how Reagan was somehow responsible for those men taking over civilian airliners armed with box cutters! That's such an absurd contention that I can't help but laugh at anyone who is making it!

So the Islamic terrorist who was captured this week by the USA said they attacked the US Embassy in Benghazi because of the blasphemous Islamic video...
..exactly what was first reported.

...and Susan Rice reported the truth? And the entire GOP has been wrong (AGAIN) throughout multiple investigations..?

So the GOP has wasted thousands of dollars and months of time that could have been used actually legislating..?

wow,,they must feel really incompetent:(

Any link to that?
[MENTION=17949]Meister[/MENTION]

Why, you will only ignore it. But for the record, he told the media almost 2 years ago that the video is what started the protest which eventually morphed into the attack.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/19/w...-attack-scoffs-at-us.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Mr. Abu Khattala, 41, wearing a red fez and sandals, added his own spin. Contradicting the accounts of many witnesses and the most recent account of the Obama administration, he contended that the attack had grown out of a peaceful protest against a video made in the United States that mocked the Prophet Muhammad and Islam.

[MENTION=13101]edthecynic[/MENTION].....the op supplied nothing and I asked for a link. I did a search and only found vague references. You still have supplied nothing that has actual names attached. Jihadists sites, Libyans, etc.
Don't know why you have your panties in a wad over me not responding sooner, I have things that needed to be done in the reality world, over some nut in cyberspace.

I have no clue why all the LSM hasn't ran with this...do you?

Any link to that?

Why, you will only ignore it. But for the record, he told the media almost 2 years ago that the video is what started the protest which eventually morphed into the attack.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/19/w...-attack-scoffs-at-us.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Mr. Abu Khattala, 41, wearing a red fez and sandals, added his own spin. Contradicting the accounts of many witnesses and the most recent account of the Obama administration, he contended that the attack had grown out of a peaceful protest against a video made in the United States that mocked the Prophet Muhammad and Islam.

[MENTION=13101]edthecynic[/MENTION].....the op supplied nothing and I asked for a link. I did a search and only found vague references. You still have supplied nothing that has actual names attached. Jihadists sites, Libyans, etc.
Don't know why you have your panties in a wad over me not responding sooner, I have things that needed to be done in the reality world, over some nut in cyberspace.

I have no clue why all the LSM hasn't ran with this...do you?

Not true, this link has the name Abu Khattala a Libyan Jihadist leader, the other link that you ignored had two other named people, a Libyan reporter and the deputy Libyan interior minister, and also an unnamed friend of Stevens. I'm reposting it below.

I don't know what NY Times piece KOS cited, but the Times piece I cited is hardly "vague." Here is the Washington Post from the next day which cites three different witnesses from the one cited by the Times, do you think this is "vague?"

Libya consulate attack came after militants joined protesters, say witnesses, officials - The Washington Post

At least an hour before the assault began, a stream of cars was seen moving toward the U.S. Consulate in the eastern Libyan city of Benghazi. By late Tuesday evening, as many as 50 heavily armed militants had gathered outside its high walls.
They joined protesters outside the consulate who were demonstrating against an American movie that they believed denigrated the prophet Muhammad. But according to one witness, the new arrivals neither chanted slogans nor carried banners.
“They said, ‘We are Muslims defending the prophet. We are defending Islam,’ ” Libyan television journalist Firas Abdelhakim said in an interview.

snip/

Stevens, who had spent many years in Libya, had arrived Monday from the embassy in Tripoli for a week of routine meetings. A friend who spent Monday and Tuesday with him said Stevens held meetings with nongovernmental organizations and militia leaders on both days. When the friend dropped Stevens off at the consulate Tuesday afternoon, he said, nothing appeared to be amiss — beyond the protesters.

The first protesters had showed up around noon. Wanis al-Sharif, the deputy Libyan interior minister, said in an interview that the demonstrators were angered by a low-budget American film that portrayed the prophet Muhammad in a blasphemous manner. As the day wore on, Sharif said, the anger escalated and people with weapons infiltrated the crowd.

Considering how friendly Obama is with the radicals, I would bet that this guy is willing to play along and claim Obama was right. I bet he will be richly rewarded for this. With the investigation heating up and more people watching, something had to be done. How convenient that one guy, who they will claim was the leader, turns out to be some protester after all. And the idiots will buy it hook, line and sinker.

Doesn't anyone ever question the timing of things? Funny that after all this time, someone finally gets caught. And we will be asked to believe that a bunch of poor protesters, who happened to be armed with expensive weapons, just happened to be offended by some obscure video and flew off the handle on 9/11? And the attack was so well planned that it's sure hard to believe a bunch of hapless protesters could come up with such a complicated scheme and carry it out like professionals. And all those threats and attacks in the months before that were just coincidences.

How fucking stupid do they think people are?

well given this post? Quite.

And hey you posted a conspiracy...good for you.

We already have a thread on this in that one the OP link stated that other people claimed he said it was about the video I repeat others claimed he said this not him. I will point out other's on both the left and right over the years claimed there were WMD in Iraq before the Bush administration made the claim so using the logic if other's claim it then it must be true then in fact Saddam did have WMD but manged to ditch before we went and the bush administration was right. Pointing out the flaws in this logic was fun now lets point out a few more things even if the protest was over a video all that does is clear the Obama administration of misleading the public about the cause of the attack it does not absolve them of having inadequate security especially on the anniversary of 9-11, not addressing the security concerns of ambassador Stevens, ignoring the fact there had been previous attacks on the consulate, ignoring that things had gotten so bad in Benghazi the British had pulled their people out after an attack on a diplomatic convoy, and having no QRF ready if things went bad.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back