So today I get a letter from my retirement insurance company....

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
...BCBS, and they tell me that they fully support the ACA and they are a little late processing my July 3 claim for $26.345.74.

Would anyone care to take a stab at translating this?

I didn't call them or the specialty pharmacy today because this is Friday and I really didn't want to get upset with this wonderful cool weather upon us.

My BCBS is the retirement insurance that I get for the same cost as the employees as part of my retirement package. I am thinking it won't be long before it no longer exists.

...BCBS, and they tell me that they fully support the ACA and they are a little late processing my July 3 claim for $26.345.74.

I didn't call them or the specialty pharmacy today because this is Friday and I really didn't want to get upset with this wonderful cool weather upon us.

My BCBS is the retirement insurance that I get for the same cost as the employees as part of my retirement package. I am thinking it won't be long before it no longer exists.

United Airlines just restructured and cut the retiree's insurance :(

Get a COBRA.

The companies third quarter claims were to high so they're bumping your claim to the forth quarter.

The companies third quarter claims were to high so they're bumping your claim to the forth quarter.

My thought as well.

I also have BCBS and am also retired. I have also had much larger claims and use a specialty pharmacy. I've had two refund checks and my premiums were recently lowered.

Sunshine doesn't say the claim was refused. She also does not seem to realize that ObamaCare gives us all the same low rates we used to be able to get only if we were in a large group.

Well, I have Medicare and medigap as well as the retirement policy. I get the retirement insurance at the same rate the employees get. That claim is not out of line because my treatment is $100,000/year. I just find it interesting that they are doing lip service to the ACA to people who really aren't going to appreciate it much.

I can't figure out who is paying. It is covered 100% by Medicare and medigap, but there was some question as to the cause of my PH and Medicare doesn't pay for treatment if certain things are the cause. I am not sure if the pharmacy is billing all 3 for the full amount or what. But it seems the insurance is running a little behind.

I don't know about other states but here in NC BCBS is a non profit organization. Several years ago they made over a 100 million dollar profit. Instead of giving refunds or lowering premiums they spent the entire sum on radio and TV ads promoting themselves. Bastards.

Well, I have Medicare and medigap as well as the retirement policy. I get the retirement insurance at the same rate the employees get. That claim is not out of line because my treatment is $100,000/year. I just find it interesting that they are doing lip service to the ACA to people who really aren't going to appreciate it much.

I can't figure out who is paying. It is covered 100% by Medicare and medigap, but there was some question as to the cause of my PH and Medicare doesn't pay for treatment if certain things are the cause. I am not sure if the pharmacy is billing all 3 for the full amount or what. But it seems the insurance is running a little behind.

If you want to know what will happen when ObamaCare does go into effect, you could use the link in my sig.

You can also get info from Medicare.

Not saying you are but some seem to act like this is all some sort of great unknowable mystery. Why not just read up and/or call your insurance company?

I don't know about other states but here in NC BCBS is a non profit organization. Several years ago they made over a 100 million dollar profit. Instead of giving refunds or lowering premiums they spent the entire sum on radio and TV ads promoting themselves. Bastards.

That's why big insurance hates ObamaCare. Now they have to spend 80 cents of every dollar you pay on patient care. If they don't, they have no choice but to pay you a refund. we've gotten two checks.

Of course the Rs are on the side of big insurance and big pharma but I can't figure out why the average man wants to protect them and give up their own health to do it.

Different strokes, I guess.

EDITED TO ADD - non-profit? Never heard of an ins company being "non-profit".

That's why big insurance hates ObamaCare. Now they have to spend 80 cents of every dollar you pay on patient care. If they don't, they have no choice but to pay you a refund. we've gotten two checks.

Of course the Rs are on the side of big insurance and big pharma but I can't figure out why the average man wants to protect them and give up their own health to do it.

BCBS IS non-profit....and your statement about "low rates" like Group insurance is patently stupid

Yes. Absolutely they are non-profit. It was a big deal here. That's why people were up in arms because they were non-profit and chose to spend on ads instead of refunds. For months it seemed every other ad on every local TV and radio station were BCBS ads. Sickening. Also when I started working for my company we had 4 insurance companies to choose from. After 2 years it was BCBS only. I was paying more for my premiums than for my mortgage payment.

Yes. Absolutely they are non-profit. It was a big deal here. That's why people were up in arms because they were non-profit and chose to spend on ads instead of refunds. For months it seemed every other ad on every local TV and radio station were BCBS ads. Sickening. Also when I started working for my company we had 4 insurance companies to choose from. After 2 years it was BCBS only. I was paying more for my premiums than for my mortgage payment.

And yet some still say our health care system is just nifty.

BCBS, and they tell me that they fully support the ACA and they are a little late processing my July 3 claim for $26.345.74.

Translation:

They fully support the ACA and they are a little late processing your July 3 claim for $26.345.74.

They are probably 'not for profit.' There is a difference in that and 'non profit.' Both, however, DO make profits, as to hospitals that are not for profit.

Forum List

Back