So what happens when Trump talks welfare reform?

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
Think we've seen hostility from protesting Liberals? We haven't seen anything yet!
I'm gonna bet the Trump admin has some pretty 'aggressive' ideas in mind and I'll bet Trump will be very direct in how he delivers said ideas to the people.
Brace yourselves, have your AR15's and 308's locked and loaded...hahaha

hate to burst your bubble el tardo, welfare are state programs

NO SHIT!
Do Presidents ever talk about welfare reform and or state programs? Are federal funds used for state programs? Do the Feds not have a stake in welfare programs? Well, we know your sorry ass will obviously be protesting to keep your EBT bennies maxed...thanks for the proof...hahaha

Actually welfare is a federal program and is federally funded. Feds allot a certain $ amount to each state to be used under federal rules......but also it allows each state to set their own rules for disbursement.

Actually welfare is a federal program and is federally funded. Feds allot a certain $ amount to each state to be used under federal rules......but also it allows each state to set their own rules for disbursement.
Our country spends $2,254 Billion EACH YEAR on welfare. That is criminal.

Yes we do spend too much on welfare programs, I won't argue with that........I was just pointing out to a previous poster that had said welfare was a state program, that it's actually a federal program, federal funding & federal rules, yet allows states to set their own rules on top of the federal.

Our country spends $2,254 Billion EACH YEAR on welfare. That is criminal.

Agreed, it should be criminal.
But Democrats love their dependent citizens...System dependency equals a voter insurance policy.

Think we've seen hostility from protesting Liberals? We haven't seen anything yet!
I'm gonna bet the Trump admin has some pretty 'aggressive' ideas in mind and I'll bet Trump will be very direct in how he delivers said ideas to the people.

Here's one of trumps full time bootlicker's and messenger boys now.

image.jpeg

View attachment 110159
Is that all you can add to the conversation? Either continue a dialogue or go away.

You are, shall we say...misinformed?

The Federal Welfare Reform Act of 1996 was an overwhelming success. Try looking it up el tardo.

That was pushed through congress by Newt Gingrich. President Bill Clinton vetoed it twice but signed it the third time because Congress had the votes to over-ride his veto. The result was millions of people came OFF the welfare rolls and onto PAYROLLS. It was a success until petulant former President Obama made it a casualty of his failed Stimulus legislation.

The result of President Obama's massive failure is that we now have millions more on welfare, food stamps and every other form of government support.

This administration would be well served to put back in place the identical or very similar program.

View attachment 110159

name%20calling%20starts_zpswwfpayla.jpg

The Federal Welfare Reform Act of 1996 was an overwhelming success. Try looking it up el tardo.

That was pushed through congress by Newt Gingrich. President Bill Clinton vetoed it twice but signed it the third time because Congress had the votes to over-ride his veto. The result was millions of people came OFF the welfare rolls and onto PAYROLLS. It was a success until petulant former President Obama made it a casualty of his failed Stimulus legislation.

The result of President Obama's massive failure is that we now have millions more on welfare, food stamps and every other form of government support.

This administration would be well served to put back in place the identical or very similar program.

Many of those rules from 96 still apply. Like the 5 year lifetime maximum and requirement to look for work while on assistance. If they don't, they are then sanctioned (loss of benefits) for a time or until they comply.
Obama's actions were to lower the income level requirement so that more people would be eligible for some benefits.

What it did was push people into a one year education program for jobs that were in the process of being off-shored like data entry. The people would make one dollar more an hour to keep them from qualifying.

Like what?

I'm for these reforms

1) erson can receive govt assistance if they are working a job that pays below 25 grand per year and tthey are full time. One can't survive on that.

2). If you have kids you get more assistance as long as you arare working full timeand earning less ththan 25 grand.

That's a start. Maybe adding free job training that mandatory as well.

I'm for these reforms

1) erson can receive govt assistance if they are working a job that pays below 25 grand per year and tthey are full time. One can't survive on that.

2). If you have kids you get more assistance as long as you arare working full timeand earning less ththan 25 grand.

Except many places will work you about 35 hours a week so they can get around the full time status.

Job training for what?

I'm for these reforms

Who are you to decide what people can survive on?

View attachment 110159

name%20calling%20starts_zpswwfpayla.jpg

image.jpeg

Forum List

Back