So what happens when Trump talks welfare reform?

Think we've seen hostility from protesting Liberals? We haven't seen anything yet!
I'm gonna bet the Trump admin has some pretty 'aggressive' ideas in mind and I'll bet Trump will be very direct in how he delivers said ideas to the people.
Brace yourselves, have your AR15's and 308's locked and loaded...hahaha

Here's one of trumps full time bootlicker's and messenger boys now.

View attachment 110159
Is that all you can add to the conversation? Either continue a dialogue or go away.

You consider trump administration propaganda & outright lies from trump himself dialogue when in fact it's all bs! How do you arrive at a conclusion like that? Inquiring minds want to know?

I'm for these reforms

1) erson can receive govt assistance if they are working a job that pays below 25 grand per year and tthey are full time. One can't survive on that.

2). If you have kids you get more assistance as long as you arare working full timeand earning less ththan 25 grand.

That's a start. Maybe adding free job training that mandatory as well.

Except many places will work you about 35 hours a week so they can get around the full time status.

Job training for what?

1. Any able body receiving public assistance must work performing community services, attending job training and parenting courses for 25 hours (or more) per week, the more hours logged the more they're paid. They must have to report somewhere every morning at 7:30am

2. Anyone receiving any level of public assistance who becomes pregnant has committed a punishable crime. A timeline is then established, if the recipient can't become 100% self supportive within X period of time the child is lost to 'the system'.

3. Anyone who becomes pregnant as a minor has committed a punishable crime.

4. Minors must complete high school and obtain a diploma. If they drop out of school the parents must be held accountable and charged with a crime.

5. Put the shame back in being a welfare recipient. Special welfare only lines at grocery stores and etc.

I'm for these reforms

1) erson can receive govt assistance if they are working a job that pays below 25 grand per year and tthey are full time. One can't survive on that.

2). If you have kids you get more assistance as long as you arare working full timeand earning less ththan 25 grand.

Except many places will work you about 35 hours a week so they can get around the full time status.

Job training for what?

1. Any able body receiving public assistance must work performing community services, attending job training and parenting courses for 25 hours (or more) per week, the more hours logged the more they're paid. They must have to report somewhere every morning at 7:30am

2. Anyone receiving any level of public assistance who becomes pregnant has committed a punishable crime. A timeline is then established, if the recipient can't become 100% self supportive within X period of time the child is lost to 'the system'.

4. Minors must complete high school and obtain a diploma. If they drop out of school the parents must be held accountable and charged with a crime.

5. Put the shame back in being a welfare recipient. Special welfare only lines at grocery stores and etc.
Number 1 is the only possible solution.

hate to burst your bubble el tardo, welfare are state programs

You are, shall we say...misinformed?

The Federal Welfare Reform Act of 1996 was an overwhelming success. Try looking it up el tardo.

That was pushed through congress by Newt Gingrich. President Bill Clinton vetoed it twice but signed it the third time because Congress had the votes to over-ride his veto. The result was millions of people came OFF the welfare rolls and onto PAYROLLS. It was a success until petulant former President Obama made it a casualty of his failed Stimulus legislation.

The result of President Obama's massive failure is that we now have millions more on welfare, food stamps and every other form of government support.

This administration would be well served to put back in place the identical or very similar program.

Many of those rules from 96 still apply. Like the 5 year lifetime maximum and requirement to look for work while on assistance. If they don't, they are then sanctioned (loss of benefits) for a time or until they comply.
Obama's actions were to lower the income level requirement so that more people would be eligible for some benefits.

Do a bit more research. Petulant former President Obama's changes also removed the requirement to work. It also required that school districts, receiving money from the Federal Government, had to stop all vouchers which were extremely successful. It is a lot more than you post.

Stimulus Bill Abolishes Welfare Reform and Adds New Welfare Spending
By Robert Rector and Katherine Bradley
[...]
The House and Senate stimulus bills will overturn the fiscal foundation of welfare reform and restore an AFDC-style funding system. For the first time since 1996, the federal government would begin paying states bonuses to increase their welfare caseloads. Indeed, the new welfare system created by the stimulus bills is actually worse than the old AFDC program because it rewards the states more heavily to increase their caseloads. Under the stimulus bills, the federal government will pay 80 percent of cost for each new family that a state enrolls in welfare; this matching rate is far higher than it was under AFDC.

It is clear that--in both the House and Senate stimulus bills--the original goal of helping families move to employment and self-sufficiency and off long-term dependence on government assistance has instead been replaced with the perverse incentive of adding more families to the welfare rolls. The House bill provides $4 billion per year to reward states to increase their TANF caseloads; the Senate bill follows the same policy but allocates less money.

[...]

Stimulus Bill Abolishes Welfare Reform and Adds New Welfare Spending

Actually welfare is a federal program and is federally funded. Feds allot a certain $ amount to each state to be used under federal rules......but also it allows each state to set their own rules for disbursement.
Our country spends $2,254 Billion EACH YEAR on welfare. That is criminal.
No it does not. Not even close.

We spend $600 billion in federal money, and that's including entitlements.

We do spend $1.2 trillion a year on tax expenditures, though. Literally twice as much as we spend on traditional welfare.

I'm for these reforms

Job training for what?

I wouldn't be so sure of that.
It's been a long, long time since we've had people in government with enough nut-sack to do the right thing.
It should be criminal to defraud American tax payers. No one can argue that and it happens everyday.

Think we've seen hostility from protesting Liberals? We haven't seen anything yet!
I'm gonna bet the Trump admin has some pretty 'aggressive' ideas in mind and I'll bet Trump will be very direct in how he delivers said ideas to the people.
Trump has never offered up any welfare reform.

In fact, when Trump talks about welfare, he says poor people deserve good infrastructure. Good airports which Trump travels through. :lol:

Trump: We want to get people off welfare and back to work

Watch that. He spends about one point five seconds on welfare, and then says people deserve good infrastructure.

Trump has no welfare reform plan. He has no plans for anything at all. No plans for ISIS. No plans for Iran. No plans for lowering the debt. No plans for lowering the cost of healthcare.

He's a huckster.

If you want to see what kind of welfare reform is coming down the pike, look to Paul Ryan.

In fact, when Trump talks about welfare, he says poor people deserve good infrastructure. Good airports which Trump travels through. :lol:

Watch that. He spends about one point five seconds on welfare, and then says people deserve good infrastructure.

Trump has no welfare reform plan. He has no plans for anything at all. No plans for ISIS. No plans for Iran. No plans for lowering the debt. No plans for lowering the cost of healthcare.

He's a huckster.

If you want to see what kind of welfare reform is coming down the pike, look to Paul Ryan.

I think you're sadly mistaken and I think he'll rock the boat on this issue soon enough...but like I said, get ready to witness unprecedented rioting and protests.

He's a huckster.

I think you're sadly mistaken and I think he'll rock the boat on this issue soon enough...but like I said, get ready to witness unprecedented rioting and protests.
Point me to where Trump has ever said anything about welfare reform.

I can show you plenty of times Ryan has put up a plan.

Then we'll see which plan is the one that comes out of Trump's mouth, or the mouth of one of his proxies. I guarantee it will be Ryan's plan. Because Trump does not have one.

The words "block grants" will come out of Trump's mouth as soon as someone puts them in there at the appropriate time.

He's a huckster.

When has the President ever talked about cutting welfare in any fashion???? Was it when he is talking about a trillion dollar spending bill or when he talked about We the tax payers paying for longer Maternity care????? Dont project your wants on the president. So far he is only doing mostly what he said he would except a few things like reverting executive amnesty and he has NEVER talked about cutting welfare in any reasonable fashion.

Actually welfare is a federal program and is federally funded. Feds allot a certain $ amount to each state to be used under federal rules......but also it allows each state to set their own rules for disbursement.

We do spend $1.2 trillion a year on tax expenditures, though. Literally twice as much as we spend on traditional welfare.

I neglected to support my claim with a link. Here is the link and the breakdown...

Welfare Spending Analysis - Charts Tables History

In FY 2016 total US government spending on welfare — federal, state, and local — was “guesstimated” to be $1,032 billion, including $591 billion for Medicaid, and $467 billion in other welfare.

Welfare spending was increasing modestly in the mid 2000s with Medicaid (health care) and Other Welfare (cash, food, unemployment, housing) each at about $300 billion. But the Great Recession created a huge spike in Other Welfare, rising to about $700 billion in 2010. In the recovery, Other Welfare has declined to about $450 billion. But Medicaid spending has begun to surge, presumably as part of the Medicaid expansion of the Affordable Care Act.

Viewed from a GDP perspective, overall welfare spending was level-pegging at about 5 percent of GDP in the mid 2000s. The Great Recession caused a spike in Other Welfare so that overall welfare including Medicaid peaked at over 7 percent of GDP in 2010. Medicaid shows a steady increase in cost as a percent of GDP, and is expected to have breached 3 percent of GDP in 2915

I did make an error. I added the wrong figures. The total was estimated to be $1,032 Billion. I apologize for my error. This is government data. Not a blog.

I neglected to support my claim with a link. Here is the link and the breakdown...

In FY 2016 total US government spending on welfare — federal, state, and local — was “guesstimated” to be $1,032 billion, including $591 billion for Medicaid, and $467 billion in other welfare.

Welfare spending was increasing modestly in the mid 2000s with Medicaid (health care) and Other Welfare (cash, food, unemployment, housing) each at about $300 billion. But the Great Recession created a huge spike in Other Welfare, rising to about $700 billion in 2010. In the recovery, Other Welfare has declined to about $450 billion. But Medicaid spending has begun to surge, presumably as part of the Medicaid expansion of the Affordable Care Act.

Viewed from a GDP perspective, overall welfare spending was level-pegging at about 5 percent of GDP in the mid 2000s. The Great Recession caused a spike in Other Welfare so that overall welfare including Medicaid peaked at over 7 percent of GDP in 2010. Medicaid shows a steady increase in cost as a percent of GDP, and is expected to have breached 3 percent of GDP in 2915

I did make an error. I added the wrong figures. The total was estimated to be $1,032 Billion. I apologize for my error. This is government data. Not a blog.

Trump doesn't travel through airports. He has his own plane.

Trump doesn't travel through airports. He has his own plane.
Does he have his own airports? Or do his planes levitate and he descends from a golden escalator into his mansion?

Trump complained during the debates about the conditions of the airports he uses here compared to the airports he has used in other countries.

The first Trump-Clinton presidential debate transcript, annotated

TRUMP: When we have $20 trillion in debt, and our country's a mess, you know, it's one thing to have $20 trillion in debt and our roads are good and our bridges are good and everything's in great shape, our airports. Our airports are like from a third world country.

You land at LaGuardia, you land at Kennedy, you land at LAX, you land at Newark, and you come in from Dubai and Qatar and you see these incredible -- you come in from China, you see these incredible airports, and you land -- we've become a third world country.

He's a huckster.

Point me to where Trump has ever said anything about welfare reform.

I can show you plenty of times Ryan has put up a plan.

Then we'll see which plan is the one that comes out of Trump's mouth, or the mouth of one of his proxies. I guarantee it will be Ryan's plan. Because Trump does not have one.
You sound pretty matter of fact...are you an insider? Part of the Trump admin? The title of the thread is: "So what happens WHEN Trump talks about welfare reform?" Hopefully you under stand what that means without further explanation.
If you've somehow sold yourself that he'll take a passive approach to this you're only fooling yourself and you better pull your head from the sand now to start prepping yourself for it.
In case you haven't been following along, this President acts with a ball-bag and doesn't know "passive" at all.

He's a huckster.

When has the President ever talked about cutting welfare in any fashion???? Was it when he is talking about a trillion dollar spending bill or when he talked about We the tax payers paying for longer Maternity care????? Dont project your wants on the president. So far he is only doing mostly what he said he would except a few things like reverting executive amnesty and he has NEVER talked about cutting welfare in any reasonable fashion.

Oh boy, you're in for a big surprise I'm sure...I can see you have yourself 100% manipulated. Just because he hasn't talked much about it in the few days he's been Prez doesn't mean he doesn't have something in mind. I'm sure he wants to ease in on some of the Democratic supporters. Start saving your EBT cards now!

Last edited:
I'm for these reforms

Job training for what?

I wouldn't be so sure of that.
It's been a long, long time since we've had people in government with enough nut-sack to do the right thing.
It should be criminal to defraud American tax payers. No one can argue that and it happens everyday.

image.jpeg

Forum List

Back