So Where Does the 1st Amendment End?

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Yelling fire in a crowded theater endangers people.

What about saying something people don’t like? Can the government punish you for speech made in your home and gets put on the Internet that is not violent, but racist?

One school district thinks it can.
Remember- the schools are closed until at best next September.

Wish I had a nickel for every stupid thing a teen said in the past year.

Of course speech is limited on school property ... it's a school ... an inherently heavily regulated environment ... and we're talking about little children and some of the nonsense they come up with ...

Go to a school board meeting ... tell the adults there exactly what you think ... hell, you can even lie to them ... there's your 1st Amendment right ...

Of course speech is limited on school property ... it's a school ... an inherently heavily regulated environment ... and we're talking about little children and some of the nonsense they come up with ...

Go to a school board meeting ... tell the adults there exactly what you think ... hell, you can even lie to them ... there's your 1st Amendment right ...
By your reasoning these teens in the bathroom of the home of one of them have the right to say whatever they want.

Oh did you think they were on school property? No.

What about saying something people don’t like? Can the government punish you for speech made in your home and gets put on the Internet that is not violent, but racist?

Many teenager are just inexperienced, immature idiot, acting on impulse without thinking, kind of like trump, actually. Difference being, trump does not have to care, so he doesn't. Kids can mess themselves up. Looks like this one can sue, if he has the money or can get the backing, or go take the GED test.

Already ended. just like the 2nd.

Slice at a time. You can take a slice of bread from someone and they will grumble but try for the whole loaf?

That's how they do it, slice at a time. Pay attention
Did they confiscate yer shootin iron?

What does a school denying graduations have to do with the First Amendment?

Just proving you can take the redneck out of the trailer park but you can't take the...well, you get the idea. It amazes me that people think you can just say anything you want and not have any repercussions. It doesn't matter if they were on school grounds or even it wasn't during school hours. They are deemed as representing the school. And if the school deems a certain code of conduct in violation, even if it's just bad publicity and press, see ya. You can't have it both ways here. Sure, you have the right to free speech. But there are limits. The school has every right not to tolerate it. This isn't a stupid thing said. This is upbringing. It's friggin 2020. Anyway, no big loss. These two don't look smart enough to even pass their GED.

Here's the relevant part of the article,
Carrollton High Principal David Brooks said that even if the video was recorded at home, “it doesn’t alleviate the students’ responsibility to uphold a high standard of behavior.”
They got nothing to sue on. Maybe they'll learn something from this but I doubt it.

Hell, I'd be happy with a haepenny for every stupid thread you put up since 2018 about a freshman Congresscritter whose district is thousands of miles away from your own. I could buy a Lambourghini with it.

Hell, I'd be happy with a haepenny for every stupid thread you put up since 2018 about a freshman Congresscritter whose district is thousands of miles away from your own. I could buy a Lambourghini with it.
Are you bringing up the head of the Democratic Party, AOC?

Just proving you can take the redneck out of the trailer park but you can't take the...well, you get the idea. It amazes me that people think you can just say anything you want and not have any repercussions. It doesn't matter if they were on school grounds or even it wasn't during school hours. They are deemed as representing the school. And if the school deems a certain code of conduct in violation, even if it's just bad publicity and press, see ya. You can't have it both ways here. Sure, you have the right to free speech. But there are limits. The school has every right not to tolerate it. This isn't a stupid thing said. This is upbringing. It's friggin 2020. Anyway, no big loss. These two don't look smart enough to even pass their GED.

Here's the relevant part of the article,
Carrollton High Principal David Brooks said that even if the video was recorded at home, “it doesn’t alleviate the students’ responsibility to uphold a high standard of behavior.”
They got nothing to sue on. Maybe they'll learn something from this but I doubt it.
So the government can deny you a drivers license for what you post on USMB?

What does a school denying graduations have to do with the First Amendment?
Why are they denied a graduation?
Answer: for words spoken.
Not the sharpest pencil in the cup, are you?

You'd have exactly one nickel, however if you got a nickle for each occurence you might make a little money.

Clear as a bell ... Imminent lawless action - Wikipedia ...

Remember, the Right of Free Speech belongs to the OWNER of the property ... we can only speak here on the USMB by the owners' leave ... they have the right to regulate on their own message boards ...
So the government can take action against you for using the N word?
Looks like every rapper is in trouble.

Many teenager are just inexperienced, immature idiot, acting on impulse without thinking, kind of like trump, actually. Difference being, trump does not have to care, so he doesn't. Kids can mess themselves up. Looks like this one can sue, if he has the money or can get the backing, or go take the GED test.
I notice dangerous childlike idiots in charge of Prog states right now.

You'd have exactly one nickel, however if you got a nickle for each occurence you might make a little money.
No shock you think no teens have ever said or done anything stupid.

Who said anything about school property?

Forum List

Back