So Where Does the 1st Amendment End?

Yelling fire in a crowded theater endangers people.

What about saying something people don’t like? Can the government punish you for speech made in your home and gets put on the Internet that is not violent, but racist?

One school district thinks it can.
Remember- the schools are closed until at best next September.

Wish I had a nickel for every stupid thing a teen said in the past year.

First amendment never said what you say can’t have consequences

What about saying something people don’t like? Can the government punish you for speech made in your home and gets put on the Internet that is not violent, but racist?

Good to know you won’t complain when the government revokes your driver’s license for what you post.

Just proving you can take the redneck out of the trailer park but you can't take the...well, you get the idea. It amazes me that people think you can just say anything you want and not have any repercussions. It doesn't matter if they were on school grounds or even it wasn't during school hours. They are deemed as representing the school. And if the school deems a certain code of conduct in violation, even if it's just bad publicity and press, see ya. You can't have it both ways here. Sure, you have the right to free speech. But there are limits. The school has every right not to tolerate it. This isn't a stupid thing said. This is upbringing. It's friggin 2020. Anyway, no big loss. These two don't look smart enough to even pass their GED.

Here's the relevant part of the article,
Carrollton High Principal David Brooks said that even if the video was recorded at home, “it doesn’t alleviate the students’ responsibility to uphold a high standard of behavior.”
They got nothing to sue on. Maybe they'll learn something from this but I doubt it.
So the government can deny you a drivers license for what you post on USMB?

States govern drivers licenses. What's with all the false equivalencies?
Make a fair comparison. For example.
The government can deny you a security clearance for posts and speech deemed a security risk to the United States.
A business can fire an employee for posts or speech detrimental to the businesses code of conduct.

Hell, I'd be happy with a haepenny for every stupid thread you put up since 2018 about a freshman Congresscritter whose district is thousands of miles away from your own. I could buy a Lambourghini with it.
Are you bringing up the head of the Democratic Party, AOC?

No, just the latter. Hope you don't mind, I know bringing up AOC is your whole career.

Just proving you can take the redneck out of the trailer park but you can't take the...well, you get the idea. It amazes me that people think you can just say anything you want and not have any repercussions. It doesn't matter if they were on school grounds or even it wasn't during school hours. They are deemed as representing the school. And if the school deems a certain code of conduct in violation, even if it's just bad publicity and press, see ya. You can't have it both ways here. Sure, you have the right to free speech. But there are limits. The school has every right not to tolerate it. This isn't a stupid thing said. This is upbringing. It's friggin 2020. Anyway, no big loss. These two don't look smart enough to even pass their GED.

Carrollton High Principal David Brooks said that even if the video was recorded at home, “it doesn’t alleviate the students’ responsibility to uphold a high standard of behavior.”
They got nothing to sue on. Maybe they'll learn something from this but I doubt it.
So the government can deny you a drivers license for what you post on USMB?

States govern drivers licenses. What's with all the false equivalencies?
Make a fair comparison. For example.
The government can deny you a security clearance for posts and speech deemed a security risk to the United States.
A business can fire an employee for posts or speech detrimental to the businesses code of conduct.
Government is government. You’re advocating they take action against speech.

What does a school denying graduations have to do with the First Amendment?
Why are they denied a graduation?
Answer: for words spoken.
Not the sharpest pencil in the cup, are you?

Guess I'll just post it again -- What does a school denying graduations have to do with the First Amendment?

You need a hint on this?

The language thereof:
"Congress shall make no Law...."

I've just word-searched the entire Constitution. "High Schools shall make no Law" was not found.

Here, horse. This is called "water".

Guess I'll just post it again -- What does a school denying graduations have to do with the First Amendment?

You need a hint on this?

The language thereof:

I've just word-searched the entire Constitution. "High Schools shall make no Law" was not found.

Happy to know you won’t complain for the DMV revoking your driver’s license for what you post here.

Already ended. just like the 2nd.

Slice at a time. You can take a slice of bread from someone and they will grumble but try for the whole loaf?

That's how they do it, slice at a time. Pay attention
Did they confiscate yer shootin iron?

Tyring fucktard. Already so many regs and laws 2nd is done. Slice at a time as I said, 1934 NFA act, 1968 GCA, 1986 Volkmer. Yeah don't pay attention, I do

Who said anything about school property?

That's where the imminent lawless actions are taking place ... think "fighting words" ... this is Georgia, they have a very serious racism problems there ... if we say something that we know will lead to a fist fight or worse, then we're on the hook for saying those things ...

Many teenager are just inexperienced, immature idiot, acting on impulse without thinking, kind of like trump, actually. Difference being, trump does not have to care, so he doesn't. Kids can mess themselves up. Looks like this one can sue, if he has the money or can get the backing, or go take the GED test.
I notice dangerous childlike idiots in charge of Prog states right now.
Might as well, we have a dangerous childlike idiot in the White House.

Clear as a bell ... Imminent lawless action - Wikipedia ...

Remember, the Right of Free Speech belongs to the OWNER of the property ... we can only speak here on the USMB by the owners' leave ... they have the right to regulate on their own message boards ...

You don't have "right to free speech" on the message board. You forfeit that right once you agree to terms and conditions when you sign up. The only rights you have here are those you agree to when you join.

Not being able to yell "fire" in crowded theater has nothing to do with free speech, but with power of contract. In fact, you can yell fire in crowded theater if there is a fire, or if is part of the play. If you're not allowed to yell it, then you wouldn't be able to do it under any condition.

God you are dense..... What does saying something in your own bathroom have to do with a school denying graduation?

Clear as a bell ... Imminent lawless action - Wikipedia ...

Remember, the Right of Free Speech belongs to the OWNER of the property ... we can only speak here on the USMB by the owners' leave ... they have the right to regulate on their own message boards ...

You don't have "right to free speech" on the message board. You forfeit that right once you agree to terms and conditions when you sign up. The only rights you have here are those you agree to when you join.
But it was not Tic Tok that punished them, Tic Tok Toc did not regulate them

God you are dense..... What does saying something in your own bathroom have to do with a school denying graduation?

Read the thread title much?

I'll just come back after you've caught up.

Of course speech is limited on school property ... it's a school ... an inherently heavily regulated environment ... and we're talking about little children and some of the nonsense they come up with ...

Go to a school board meeting ... tell the adults there exactly what you think ... hell, you can even lie to them ... there's your 1st Amendment right ...

No, you're rights do not end on public school property. And being racist, regardless of being disgusting, is not against the law.

What a load of crap.

"people think you can just say anything you want and not have any repercussions"

Free speech is people's constitutional right. If people didn't break the law, they can say whatever they want. If you don't like it, that's your problem, you don't have to listen.

Last edited:

Where does it say you can?

You need a hint on this?

The language thereof:

What gives school right to deny graduation? Is there a law that give them that right?

What a load of crap.

"people think you can just say anything you want and not have any repercussions"

Free speech is people's constitutional right. If people didn't break the law, they can say whatever they want. If you don't like it, that's your problem, you don't have to listen.

Again, free speech has its limits. You are free to say whatever you want. Any organization or employer that you belong to has the right to expel or can your worthless ass for what you say or do.
Deal with it. The courts have upheld this.

Forum List

Back