So who's the leaker?

I think your priority is messed up here.

The leaker isn't the problem.

The problem is the court is about to ignore 50 years of precedent to force women to have pregnancies they don't want.
The leaker is one of the problems, and nobody is forcing anyone to carry a baby. Overturning roe doesn't make abortion illegal, it just turns it back to the States.

Isn't that the best thing? I mean, what if this right leaning court decided that the right to bear arms shall not be infringed means that national reciprocity is constitutional? Or if they say we vote on election "day" rather than election week, or election 2 weeks? You'd say, those are states rights issues and not for the Supreme court to decide, wouldn't you?

How would this be any different?

1651626355940.png

DC DRAMA: WHO LEAKED? FOUR THEORIES

Here's the problem with that goofy theory.

Eventually, this ruling was going to come out, regardless. And it would have been an issue for that benefits the Democrats... Will definitely get asses out of chairs.

My theory was that Alito leaked it himself, worried Rapey Kavanaugh or Serena Joy Barrett are a little reluctant to go so far as to overturn Roe at this point...
How is that logical? Justices are appointed for life and presumably they vote along Constitutional issues. Suspecting a Justice for this abomination is a cheap shot and a distraction.

How is that logical? Justices are appointed for life and presumably they vote along Constitutional issues. Suspecting a Justice for this abomination is a cheap shot and a distraction.

What justices should be and what they are are two different things.

Alito has long had a hard-on for Roe v. Wade... you think that he's not trying to shore up the waverers?

The leaker is one of the problems, and nobody is forcing anyone to carry a baby. Overturning roe doesn't make abortion illegal, it just turns it back to the States.

Some of which will make abortion illegal!

Isn't that the best thing? I mean, what if this right leaning court decided that the right to bear arms shall not be infringed means that national reciprocity is constitutional? Or if they say we vote on election "day" rather than election week, or election 2 weeks? You'd say, those are states rights issues and not for the Supreme court to decide, wouldn't you?

No, it isn't. Why stop at abortions? Let's have ALL our health care decisions made by state legislators! Want that Cancer Treatment, well, better have a state legislator to decide if you are living a healthy lifestyle or not!

They don't have to... press shield law, and this isn't classified information.

The real issue here is that 100 million women are about to be deprived of their rights, not that someone leaked a ruling a month early. Sheesh, get a sense of perspective.
100 million? Really? You seem unaware that overturning Roe does not make abortion illegal. It has no effect on all (100%) of women in states where abortion is legal. The real issue is a violation of the integrity of the Supreme Court.

If you don't like it, get the law in your state changed.

Look, I read the article. This is a no brainer, this was leaked by Barrett. She is a holy roller from hell. She is an outsider. Why I once thought that a SCOTUS that didn't graduate from an Ivy league school was a plus, she has proven me wrong. She wanted to nail the other conservative justices to support this decision, because let's be honest, she really believes she is doing God's work, when the reality is she is a sick demented little bitch. Felons can be prohibited from voting, but from owning guns, hell know. Alright you stupid shit, I can't vote, but I got my gun, that is my vote. I mean she is about as crazy as a shithouse rat. But in one sense, I am thankful. Thankful that Trump nominated such a stupid little bitch, and thankful that she will yield the death knell for the Republican party, Mark it, save it, because that will be the outcome of this fiasco.

Some of which will make abortion illegal!

No, it isn't. Why stop at abortions? Let's have ALL our health care decisions made by state legislators! Want that Cancer Treatment, well, better have a state legislator to decide if you are living a healthy lifestyle or not!
Cancer treatment does not kill a third person. You are afraid that some states will make abortion illegal. You don't want people to vote do you. How dare people in a state vote to make abortion illegal. Take that vote away.

Look, I read the article. This is a no brainer, this was leaked by Barrett. She is a holy roller from hell. She is an outsider. Why I once thought that a SCOTUS that didn't graduate from an Ivy league school was a plus, she has proven me wrong. She wanted to nail the other conservative justices to support this decision, because let's be honest, she really believes she is doing God's work, when the reality is she is a sick demented little bitch. Felons can be prohibited from voting, but from owning guns, hell know. Alright you stupid shit, I can't vote, but I got my gun, that is my vote. I mean she is about as crazy as a shithouse rat. But in one sense, I am thankful. Thankful that Trump nominated such a stupid little bitch, and thankful that she will yield the death knell for the Republican party, Mark it, save it, because that will be the outcome of this fiasco.
Sotomayor clerk, communist Amit Jian.

It depends on what the charge is, of course, but IMO this unprecedented leak is so egregious it should result in disbarment for life. At a minimum.

Everything about this is wrong!

It is, indeed, our misfortune as Americans that we must endure Trump's legacy. How cruel is fate when the worst President in our history was granted the privilege of appointing three Supreme Court Justices.

It would appear that the Republican dominated Supreme Court will issue a minority decision sometime in June, minority meaning an unpopular decision with respect to the American people.

ABC reports, "Amid reports of a draft Supreme Court opinion that would overturn Roe v. Wade, an ABC News/Washington Post poll finds that majorities of Americans support upholding Roe, say abortion should be legal in all or most cases and -- by a wide margin -- see abortion as a decision to be made by a woman and her doctor, not by lawmakers.

"In this poll 57% of Americans oppose a ban after 15 weeks; 58% say abortion should be legal in all or most cases; and 54% say the court should uphold Roe, compared with 28% who say the ruling should be overturned.

In other words, 28% think the state should dictate health issues for pregnant women, not the woman and her doctor. This belief is commonly held in the Republican South, where harsh restriction laws have already been passed.

This begs a question. Many wonder how Republican women in the South feel about old, white men dictating health decisions for them ... in so doing bypassing their doctors.

We will never find out. Republicans never talk about the repercussions of decisions made by Republican leaders, and this applies to the judges chosen by Republicans.

Raising a child is no small task. It becomes far more difficult if the mother is a child, a 16-year old girl who hasn't finished school yet. Then, of course, there are other issues to consider, a pregnancy the product of rape or incest for instance.

That said, it is safe to say that poor women will die if the conservative judges void Roe.

CNN reports, "President Joe Biden on Tuesday urged Congress to pass legislation codifying Roe v. Wade and said a woman’s right to have an abortion is “fundamental,” but said he wasn’t ready to call for an end to the filibuster to push for abortion rights legislation."

ABC reports, "Amid fallout from a leaked draft Supreme Court opinion, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said the conservative justices “lied” to the Senate during confirmation hearings when they assured senators the case that since 1973 has allowed abortion access was settled law."

Republican Senator Susan Collins agreed, saying the testimonies of Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaug were “completely inconsistent,” meaning they lied.

We know Trump led a coup attempt based on lies to overthrow our elected government. Has he also marginalized the Supreme Court?

"Leaking a draft SCOTUS ruling is worse than January 6th. The Court was the one institution where conservatives and liberals lived in peace and trust," wrote right-wing commentator Mike Cernovich. "You disagreed but the trust was sacred. This completely destroys the Court's inner workings. Totally in shock right now."

Vladimir Putin helped Trump become President in 2016. Is he now getting his wish. Has Trump, the leader of the Republican Party, done serious damage to the American government, a dream come true in Putin's mind?

Republicans expect to win control of Congress in November.

So who's the leaker?​

Me if don't empty my bladder all the way......... :omg:
That is what depends are for…
Seems there are different possibilities here.
One prevailing thought of course, is that it's a liberal clerk, who leaked it with the hope that once the justices see the massive outcry, one or more them might change their vote.

Another, is the idea that it's one of the conservative justices, who not wanting to see another situation like that occurred when Roberts got cold feet and changed his vote reaffirming Obamacare. By leaking the decision, it could put pressure on the conservative justices to stay the course and not be remembered like Roberts will always be remembered.
Whomever it is their career is over and it better not be a Justice because then removal is needed…

Forum List

Back