soccer ref struck in face by player dies

His damn life needs to be ruined, he ruined the ref's life, the ref's wife's life, and the ref's three daughters lives.. fuck ya the punishment fits the crime.

So, if a victim has more relatives or significant others who would be saddened by his/her loss, the punishment should be increased? This is not how our trial system works. By this logic, it would less punishable to kill a homeless guy than a dad of a three.

well yer so damned worried about ruining the kids life and care not a shit about all the lives he's ruined then you had the fucking audacity to blame the victim. You're something shot right outta a pigs ass.

Yes, I am concerned about ruining a persons life. Should I not be? What if it were you, who lost your temper, and punched someone, and they died, completely unexpectedly when it was never your intention for his death? Should any hope of a normal life be automatically taken from you? You may be a normally decent person who just slipped up and lost their temper, and happened to hit the wrong person in just the right way. It could happen to any of us. I don't think a life sentence is in any way fair. A couple years. Fine. If the point of jail is rehabilitation, then there is not much rehabilitating a person who is normally rational and has a history of rational and consistent behavior.

So, if a victim has more relatives or significant others who would be saddened by his/her loss, the punishment should be increased? This is not how our trial system works. By this logic, it would less punishable to kill a homeless guy than a dad of a three.

well yer so damned worried about ruining the kids life and care not a shit about all the lives he's ruined then you had the fucking audacity to blame the victim. You're something shot right outta a pigs ass.

Yes, I am concerned about ruining a persons life. Should I not be? What if it were you, who lost your temper, and punched someone, and they died, completely unexpectedly when it was never your intention for his death? Should any hope of a normal life be automatically taken from you? You may be a normally decent person who just slipped up and lost their temper, and happened to hit the wrong person in just the right way. It could happen to any of us. I don't think a life sentence is in any way fair. A couple years. Fine. If the point of jail is rehabilitation, then there is not much rehabilitating a person who is normally rational and has a history of rational and consistent behavior.

a couple of years for murder. boy I want you to be my judge. fucking idiot

Don't bother, Newpolitics. Willow isn't known for her rationality. She's all knee-jerk, all the time.

What the libs are saying is that it's okay that the kid hit the ref. That's understandable and excusable. It isn't his fault the ref died.

If the ref was gay and wearing short shorts would they say the same thing?

It is outlooks such as yours this would ruin a kids life because he got heated during competition. I'm not saying he shouldn't be punished, but not for life. That Punishment doesn't fit the crime.

His damn life needs to be ruined, he ruined the ref's life, the ref's wife's life, and the ref's three daughters lives.. fuck ya the punishment fits the crime.

Are you related to this kid?

Don't bother, Newpolitics. Willow isn't known for her rationality. She's all knee-jerk, all the time.

The best thing about me is that I'm not a fucking idiot liberal.

The best thing about you, is that you're as predictable as the sunrise.

true, you can count on the fact that i won't condone murder and that's a fact. and you can count on the fact that I'd give a murderer more than 2 years.

NO!!! That kid killed a man. The fact that the man dies days after the punch is immaterial.
Order must be maintained for a civilized society to flourish.

I hope many parents are talking to their kids about controling their anger tonight and during the days ahead. Too many of our children are not learning to control their emotions whether they are anger, sexual or just plain disappointments and depression.

As parents , we've given in to our children's wishes so much that seldom do some of them have to learn to handle the adversities. We haven't done them any favors. It's time we stepped up to the plate and do some damage control.

NO!!! That kid killed a man. The fact that the man dies days after the punch is immaterial.
Order must be maintained for a civilized society to flourish.

Spoken like a true conservative. Make an example of someone who doesn't deserve it to instill fear in people. Everything about this is utterly immoral.

a couple of years for murder. boy I want you to be my judge. fucking idiot

Murder? No. Involuntary manslaughter. Big difference.

The Associated Press reported Friday that the league will be hiring off-duty police officers as security for future games, and the team the 17-year-old assailant played for has been expelled.
Forgive me if this has already been asked (long chat), but if the others who make up the team that the boy played for are not allowed to be out there on the field anymore, how is that justice when they are not responsible for what their team mate decided to do?

God bless you and the other players always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, the only people that his team mates should be held responsible for are their own selves and no one else.

Last edited:
I hope many parents are talking to their kids about controling their anger tonight and during the days ahead. Too many of our children are not learning to control their emotions whether they are anger, sexual or just plain disappointments and depression.

As parents , we've given in to our children's wishes so much that seldom do some of them have to learn to handle the adversities. We haven't done them any favors. It's time we stepped up to the plate and do some damage control.

I'm betting this isn't the first time a ref was struck by a player. It's probably the first time it led to death though.

I taught my son not to hit anyone, ever, for any reason. His school had a no tolerance policy. Today I'm wondering if I was wrong, that I should have taught him to stand up for himself instead of just to "take it!" Then something like this comes along and everyone wants to lynch the kid. I'm aghast. It was wrong for the kid to punch the ref, but who would have thought one punch from a kid would kill him? Not me, but apparently most of you. I can only think you all hang out in a lot more dangerous neighborhoods than I do.

It's not like the kid was on top of the ref, beating his head into the cement while the ref was crying "help me".

I'm betting this isn't the first time a ref was struck by a player. It's probably the first time it led to death though.

I taught my son not to hit anyone, ever, for any reason. His school had a no tolerance policy. Today I'm wondering if I was wrong, that I should have taught him to stand up for himself instead of just to "take it!" Then something like this comes along and everyone wants to lynch the kid. I'm aghast. It was wrong for the kid to punch the ref, but who would have thought one punch from a kid would kill him? Not me, but apparently most of you. I can only think you all hang out in a lot more dangerous neighborhoods than I do.

It's not like the kid was on top of the ref, beating his head into the cement while the ref was crying "help me".

Sheila, this was a GAME. He wasn't defending someone's honor, retaliating after an insult or defending himself...it was a lousy GAME. Just where does the line stop and nonsense or thugs begin? Someone is dead, and another is most likely looking at prison time for years over a GAME. We have to learn to control our own emotions , learn how to talk and deal with adversity on a mature level at earlier ages. Adults aren't helping.

JOS: I agree. I don't understand this ruling to punish the whole team, unless it was done simply to make an example of them and set a precedence, to deter any other player from doing punching refs, for fear that they will cause their whole team to be expelled. However, it still seems unfair to the rest of the team who wasn't at all responsible. Also, punching refs is a very rare occurrence, even more rare is for that ref to die from a single punch (or for anyone to die from a single punch). I didn't see a ref get punched once when I played in HS. I got punched once though. That was fun.

Last edited:
The team's following was drinking and leaving litter and have been issued a warning. Futrher such behavior and the team and possibly the league will be banned. Good.

The killer? If he is tried as an adult and charged with homicide by assault, all the prosecution has to do is prove assault. It's on tape.

He will get the max, five years. Not enough, in my opinion, but there it is.

Making excuses is not going to change the facts. The kid was indifferent to the well being of the referee.

Forum List

Back