Soldiers in Africa Will Come Home and Be in Quarantine AT HOME putting families at risk...

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
House Oversight Committee Ebola Response Hearing
Witnesses testified at a House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing on the federal response to the Ebola outbreak in Africa, as well as its spread into the U.S.

I watched a portion of this hearing and learned:

...that the Ebola Czar opted NOT to attend.

... when our soldiers are done with their stint in Africa, they will have to be "quarantined" in the US. The "quarantine" means they will be staying with their family and report to base twice a day for a medical check for symptoms.

... when questioned explicitly about these plans and concerns were made the military said the conferred with the CDC and went with their arrangements.

...again, when the CDC said military personnel could sit next to an ebola patient and be safe, the military doctor had to agree with the Congressman that the soldier could catch the disease through sweat contact being on a bus.

...Congresspeople wanted to know why our soldiers could not be quarantined in Africa for the 21 days in Africa before coming home and exposing it to their families during quarantine.

I concur. Just what problem is that? The military says they are going to quarantine the soldiers for 10 days in Africa. Why not the 21 days and keep the families safe?

Surely they will be tested in processing for the return....or have already been given the antidote...

Surely they will be tested in processing for the return....or have already been given the antidote...

Not mentioned. Just that they will have been quarantined ten days. No expert has said that was long enough to be considered safe.

Just how many of these soldiers coming home will be able to refuse a kiss to their children or making love to their wives once home?

I doubt they let them have contact, just like the Moon missions, where the astronauts were in quarantine.

I doubt they let them have contact, just like the Moon missions, where the astronauts were in quarantine.

did you read my post? They are going to be quarantined AT HOME with their families. They are to report to the base twice a day for symptoms check.

Forum List

Back