Some Dems Turning On Obama

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
Last week the three most powerful Democrats in the state of West Virginia — Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin, Senator Joe Manchin and Rep. Nick Rahall – made a public display of turning their backs on President Obama by announcing plans to skip the Democratic National Convention.

The president lost West Virginia in 2008 and his polling there remains weak. So local Democrats have decided they have no problem embarrassing the man whose name will be on the top of their ticket in November.

The same political distancing act is on display in Pennsylvania’s 12th congressional district. Conservative Democrat Mark Critz also says he has better things to do than go to the convention. Rep. Critz said he will be working in his district instead of “focusing on the agendas of the political parties.”

In the harsh, polarized world of Washington politics, Republicans take delight in opposing every legislative proposal from President Obama.

But when the history of Obama’s first term is written, conservative Democrats will also be remembered for regularly throwing wrenches into any plans coming from this president.

Opinion: Some Dems turning on Obama - TheHill.com

That is because Obama, in his efforts to create more addicts to government programs, is pissing off the working class of the democrats.

The left can post all the spin they want. The GOP has always detested Obama because of his love of government and his willingness to wipe his ass with the constitution. But, there are many dems who've reached a breaking point.

Obama could still win the election and lose the country. It is very likely now that he will lose the senate. With that gone, he's gonna be fighting budget battles for the next four years all the while meeting resistance in his efforts to totally destroy the American Economy.

If he wins, his moron Press Secty had better be ready for four long years of hell.

Real Clear has the Nebraska Senate seat going to the GOP hands down. Looks like the Kerry play may not work out. If you look at the list of toss-ups.....it looks good for the GOP.

Clair McKaskille won't survive in MO. where Obama has essentially abandonded his efforts and conceeded it to Romney.

I like what I see more and more each day.

From the article:

A weak presidential candidate at the top of the ticket does not usually help anyone on the ticket. But in this election cycle conservative Democrats obviously see their political fortunes as separate from Obama’s.

One of those conservative Democrats, Sen. Claire McCaskill, is locked in a tough reelection fight in Missouri, a state Obama lost in 2008. In addition to backing away from the president on the budget deal, she is also backing away on immigration policy changes allowing young illegal immigrants in high school or the military to avoid deportation.

“My preference would be for Congress to resolve this issue …,” McCaskill said. “I’ll be looking at the details of this announcement closely to ensure it isn’t a magnet for illegal immigration.”

McCaskill is distancing herself from the president in the hope of persuading swing voters that she is more of an independent than a Democrat.

A Rasmussen poll taken earlier this month found McCaskill losing to her likely GOP opponent by 12 points. McCaskill needs independent voters and she does not see the Obama brand helping her cause.

Shit. If I were a Dem I'd be wishing for someone else to support and vote for.

What? Dems arent in lockstep? Next you're going to tell me that I'm typing on a message board! I'm shocked!

Real Clear has the Nebraska Senate seat going to the GOP hands down. Looks like the Kerry play may not work out. If you look at the list of toss-ups.....it looks good for the GOP.

Clair McKaskille won't survive in MO. where Obama has essentially abandonded his efforts and conceeded it to Romney.

Obama has conceded this state to Romney? That's news to those of us who live here.

I wouldn't count McCaskill out. Especially since Steeleman, Akin, and Brunner are knuckleheads.

*edit*

Oh, and while Obama lost this state in 2008, it was by a matter of a few thousand votes. They were counting, and recounting, long after the election was over.

Last edited:

Obama has conceded this state to Romney? That's news to those of us who live here.

I wouldn't count McCaskill out. Especially since Steeleman, Akin, and Brunner are knuckleheads.

*edit*

Oh, and while Obama lost this state in 2008, it was by a matter of a few thousand votes. They were counting, and recounting, long after the election was over.

PPP has a different result depending on who runs against McCaskill. Either way she's got as good a chance of winning as not.

They do love their wishful thinking.

*edit*

PPP has a different result depending on who runs against McCaskill. Either way she's got as good a chance of winning as not.

She's pretty shrewd. I think she might pull through. Especially as the election heats up and the obstructionist GOP starts to become a campaign issue.

Of her opponents, Steeleman sucks. No one in the state like her. Akin is a dishonest Teabagger douchebag, and Brunner is a Kajillionaire.

Brunner would probably be her biggest opponent, but I don't know if he can win the nomination.

Missouri is consistently a Purple state. It's not a red state.

*edit*

She's pretty shrewd. I think she might pull through. Especially as the election heats up and the obstructionist GOP starts to become a campaign issue.

Of her opponents, Steeleman sucks. No one in the state like her. Akin is a dishonest Teabagger douchebag, and Brunner is a Kajillionaire.

Brunner would probably be her biggest opponent, but I don't know if he can win the nomination.

missouri is very much a purple state.

i hope she does hang on. i've heard her called the most endangered democrat in the senate. but she is a very smart woman. and she'd make a teatard look like ... well, a teatard.

this is how the polls are working out as of today:

rasmussen looks way out of bounds. ppp shows a much closer race which is probably more reasonable under the circumstances.

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Missouri Senate Race

i hope she does hang on. i've heard her called the most endangered democrat in the senate. but she is a very smart woman. and she'd make a teatard look like ... well, a teatard.

rasmussen looks way out of bounds. ppp shows a much closer race which is probably more reasonable under the circumstances.

Maybe that's because she is.

You sure enjoy your wishful thinking.

How's that Scott Walker recall working out for you ?

She's an embattled incumbent in a year when voters are disgusted with the capital's inability to solve problems and the Washington "outsider" label resonates. She's also a close and prominent ally of President Barack Obama, and outside groups are spending millions of dollars to defeat both of them.

Also hanging in the balance is whether Democrats can hold on to their majority in the Senate.

The National Journal calls the race a "coin toss." But against what even some Republicans have acknowledged is a weak field, McCaskill can't shake the "endangered" label. Though a recent Democratic poll gave her single-digit leads over all three GOP hopefuls, her support was below 50 percent.

"They are all competitive," said Jennifer Duffy, a Senate analyst for the nonpartisan Cook Political Report. "Her task is not unlike Obama's, which is to make whoever the nominee is a lot less acceptable."

Read more here: Senate race in Missouri suddenly heats up - KansasCity.com

A coin toss ?

When the primary is over....she will sink like a rock.

Any body in this country with a job should not vote of Obama. The only votes he know how to get are those he has made dependent on the government for their needs.. He has been a fraud for his entire life and nothing has changed since he got the private jet.

Any body in this country with a job should not vote of Obama. The only votes he know how to get are those he has made dependent on the government for their needs.. He has been a fraud for his entire life and nothing has changed since he got the private jet.

thanks for the total and complete ignorance of your post.

Obama's done... he's lost the moderates, he's lost some of the minority vote and he's definitely lost the majority of middle class, white America.

He's toast... and I think a lot of Dems are starting to concede this.

She's an embattled incumbent in a year when voters are disgusted with the capital's inability to solve problems and the Washington "outsider" label resonates. She's also a close and prominent ally of President Barack Obama, and outside groups are spending millions of dollars to defeat both of them.

Also hanging in the balance is whether Democrats can hold on to their majority in the Senate.

The National Journal calls the race a "coin toss." But against what even some Republicans have acknowledged is a weak field, McCaskill can't shake the "endangered" label. Though a recent Democratic poll gave her single-digit leads over all three GOP hopefuls, her support was below 50 percent.

"They are all competitive," said Jennifer Duffy, a Senate analyst for the nonpartisan Cook Political Report. "Her task is not unlike Obama's, which is to make whoever the nominee is a lot less acceptable."

A coin toss ?

you're not very bright. you just bolded the part of my post that said she was the most endangered dem in the senate, which your article then reiterated.

you know, a judge once taught me that it's best to remain quiet when someone is making your case for you.

but then again, no doubt it was more amusing for you to raise a non-sequitur.

A coin toss ?

you're not very bright. you just bolded the part of my post that said she was the most endangered dem in the senate, which your article then reiterated.

you know, a judge once taught me that it's best to remain quiet when someone is making your case for you.

but then again, no doubt it was more amusing for you to raise a non-sequitur.

I guess you needed to understand the rest of what I posted.

First, you said Rasmussen was way off.....your wishful thinking. You only said that you had heard it. Big difference.

But then, a nuanced argument is not something you've shown a penchant for discerning.

I hope the judge taught you how to use the bathroom too.

Shit. If I were a Dem I'd be wishing for someone else to support and vote for.

Indeed,

If I were a Dem, I'd just plain s**t.

And they are.....

"Democrats are finding it hard to even recruit candidates to run against Republicans for Congress:

"The liberal media is doing its best to paint a smiley face on the situation, with headlined stories, such as "Do Democrats have a shot at taking back the House"? Truth of the matter, things are so bad for the Dems, that in some states they can't even recruit so-called line-holder candidates.

"Case in point, Kansas CD-2, a first-term Republican, libertarian-leaner supported by this website, has just learned he'll be running completely un-opposed. What makes this especially sweet for freedom-lovers, is that Tim Huelskamp, a friend of the libertarian movement, had a very tough election battle in 2010.

"From Kansas.com, "Don’t look to Kansas congressional races for suspense":
Rep. Tim Huelskamp, R-Fowler, had $420,100 as of March but drew no challenger at all this year. “It wasn’t for lack of trying,” Kansas Democratic Party chairwoman Joan Wagnon told the Garden City Telegram, noting one Democrat opted not to run after getting a job promotion and she talked to six others who were discouraged by the short time frame.​
"Over in the 3rd district, Rep. Kevin Yoder has no Democrat opponent. Only a Libertarian on the ballot against him."

Libertarian Republican: Democrats finding it hard to even recruit candidates to run against Republicans for Congress

Forum List

Back