some of the conservative *cough* "501 (c) (4)" groups

Anyone ever heard of the AAN? :eusa_whistle: Looks like chinese (foreign) money if you ask me:

IRS And 501(c)(4) Damned If They Do Damned If They Don't - Forbes
The organization took in over $27,000,000. It had not more than 8 employees during the year. The CEO former Senator Norm Coleman drew $236,806 for a 20 hour week. Not bad for a part-time job. The President, Rob Collins, had to work full-time for a measly $179,400.

According to the 990 AAN:

Spent limited resources to support of oppose candidate who agreed or disagreed with our center-right principals (sic) by engaging in independent candidate advocacy advertising and contributed to a like-minded organization, American Crossroads, to engage in similar activities.

The only thing that aggravates me more than mixing up principals and principles is confounding i.e. and e.g., but I digress. The “limited resources” were just over $5,000,000. So where did the rest of the money go. The largest expense category is “lobbying”- over $17,000,000.

Last edited:
[

Can liberals get any more dishonest? I wonder if we have come to the point where they cannot take a stand for decency and honor because they have simply forgotten what those words mean. And don't care in any case.
And if that is correct, that libs are impervious to things like honor and the good of the country, then why do we allow them to continue living? I for one would go to jail rather than see a pro gay lobbying group illegally shut down. As much as I disagree with whatever agenda they have, I respect their right to pursue it. But I get the feeling the left doesn't feel the same way. For them it is "screw my enemies, everything else is secondary." Can you even argue with such people? Should you?

Well, not if you are going to be dishonest about what is being discussed here.

No one was talking about "shutting these groups down". They were saying, Gee, if you are going to do politics, you don't get the same tax exemptions that a charity gets.

Which is what a lot of these groups were asking for, even though they didn't really qualify.

Joe, it depends on what type of 501 you start up, lots of options, especially if you want to spend money lobbying.

Many have money that is targeted for political purposes to change laws, much like the groups that lobbied for the Amber Alert laws.

I would bet dollars to donuts that some of the conservative 501(c)(4) organizations lied in order to get a tax exempt status.

Or, I bet since you know this scandal to be concrete and far reaching, that you will deflect away from that fact. That my friend is a non sequitur. You liberals are good at those. The fact is, the IRS kept the American people in the dark for the better part of two years. Who the hell cares?

Or as the Hillary would put it

"At this point, what difference does it make?!"

I don't care whether the groups in question are liberal or conservative. It makes no difference to me. I just do NOT want groups which are involved in partisan politics to be granted tax-exempt status, PERIOD. And if groups are later discovered to be involved in partisan politics, their tax exemption should be revoked and their tax liability should be reassessed based on the new information.

Most 501's have money set up for lobbying. AARP, NAACP, The Rainbow Coalition and on and on. The change in the wording of the law allowed the 501-c-4. They do need to change the law, but in the mean time, they need to apply the laws and time frames equally.

Last edited:
Or, I bet since you know this scandal to be concrete and far reaching, that you will deflect away from that fact. That my friend is a non sequitur. You liberals are good at those. The fact is, the IRS kept the American people in the dark for the better part of two years. Who the hell cares?

Or as the Hillary would put it

"At this point, what difference does it make?!"

I don't care whether the groups in question are liberal or conservative. It makes no difference to me. I just do NOT want groups which are involved in partisan politics to be granted tax-exempt status, PERIOD. And if groups are later discovered to be involved in partisan politics, their tax exemption should be revoked and their tax liability should be reassessed based on the new information.

Most 501's have money set up for lobbying. AARP, NAACP, The Rainbow Coalition and on and on.

There's a huge difference between issue advocacy and involvement in electoral politics when it comes to running ads for or against particular candidates.

these people prolly were given preferential treatment judging by some of the info on them to come to light:

Actually, Tea Party Groups Gave the IRS Lots of Good Reasons to Be Interested
Other tea party leaders with tax problems include:

Michael Patrick Leahy, a management consultant who organized the National Tea Party Coalition, had $150,000 worth of IRS tax liens and court judgments to his name.

Judson Phillips, the founder of the (for-profit) Tea Party Nation filed for bankruptcy in 1999, and had $22,000 in federal tax liens in his past. After Tea Party Nation planned a July 2010 tea party convention in Las Vegas and then canceled due to lack of interest, the organization stiffed the Venetian Hotel for more than 1,500 rooms it had reserved. That resulted in a judge ordering the organization to repay the hotel nearly $750,000.

And then there was tea partier Christine O'Donnell, the Senate candidate from Delaware whose IRS tax lien for nearly $12,000 came to light during her 2010 campaign.
:clap2:

would you have enough gall to file for the status given their former track records & then complain when there is a delay? :dunno:

Can liberals get any more dishonest? I wonder if we have come to the point where they cannot take a stand for decency and honor because they have simply forgotten what those words mean. And don't care in any case.
And if that is correct, that libs are impervious to things like honor and the good of the country, then why do we allow them to continue living? I for one would go to jail rather than see a pro gay lobbying group illegally shut down. As much as I disagree with whatever agenda they have, I respect their right to pursue it. But I get the feeling the left doesn't feel the same way. For them it is "screw my enemies, everything else is secondary." Can you even argue with such people? Should you?

Word Contest: Come up with a name to describe Rabbi's post, a post which is An Ad Hominem wrapped in a Red Herring riddled with political bias.

Rabbies?

these people prolly were given preferential treatment judging by some of the info on them to come to light:

Actually, Tea Party Groups Gave the IRS Lots of Good Reasons to Be Interested

:clap2:

would you have enough gall to file for the status given their former track records & then complain when there is a delay? :dunno:

Word Contest: Come up with a name to describe Rabbi's post, a post which is An Ad Hominem wrapped in a Red Herring riddled with political bias.

Rabbies?

:lol: He is a hoot in his rwingery/brazen partisanship :rofl:

Rabbies?

Here's a word to describe all of your posts: "horseshit."

Last edited:

Rabbies?

The buffoons in your crowd of emotional, adolescent posters are collectively and constantly bemoaning the fact there is not one among them with wisdom equaling that of the Rabbi.

Here's a word to describe all of your posts: "horseshit."

Brilliant, and it only took you 45 minutes to be so 'witty'.

I don't spend every minute of the day perusing this one thread, numb nuts.

Note that it took you 41 minutes to come up with your brilliant retort.
I know what you mean. The liberal buffoons here are generally narcissists that think all other readers here hang on their every word and are anxious to respond immediately to their posts.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back