some of the conservative *cough* "501 (c) (4)" groups

I would bet dollars to donuts that some of the conservative 501(c)(4) organizations lied in order to get a tax exempt status.

Or, I bet since you know this scandal to be concrete and far reaching, that you will deflect away from that fact. That my friend is a non sequitur. You liberals are good at those. The fact is, the IRS kept the American people in the dark for the better part of two years. Who the hell cares?

Or as the Hillary would put it

"At this point, what difference does it make?!"

I don't care whether the groups in question are liberal or conservative. It makes no difference to me. I just do NOT want groups which are involved in partisan politics to be granted tax-exempt status, PERIOD. And if groups are later discovered to be involved in partisan politics, their tax exemption should be revoked and their tax liability should be reassessed based on the new information.

Your personal opinion is not the state of the existing law.

Or, I bet since you know this scandal to be concrete and far reaching, that you will deflect away from that fact. That my friend is a non sequitur. You liberals are good at those. The fact is, the IRS kept the American people in the dark for the better part of two years. Who the hell cares?

I don't care whether the groups in question are liberal or conservative. It makes no difference to me. I just do NOT want groups which are involved in partisan politics to be granted tax-exempt status, PERIOD. And if groups are later discovered to be involved in partisan politics, their tax exemption should be revoked and their tax liability should be reassessed based on the new information.
It is good to know that you are 100% in favor of taxing speech.

I guess we can stop saying freedom of speech. It should all be taxed.

What you've just written is little more than additional nonsense meant to little more than muddy the waters.

Everyone is entitled to gab their heads off to their hearts' content...completely free of charge. They're not entitled to collect income tax free. They're taxed based on the income their organizations collect. And that income, by the way, isn't just spent on candidate advocacy advertising (or anti-candidate attack ads, for that matter). It's paid out in salaries to people who work for the corporation. And with a 501(c)(4) organization, those contributors can remain secret. SO, when an organization collects secret donations from unknown sources, and that organization engages in partisan politics, how do we know that the contributors involved in our electoral politics are even citizens of this country? The answer is we don't know.

these people prolly were given preferential treatment judging by some of the info on them to come to light:

Actually, Tea Party Groups Gave the IRS Lots of Good Reasons to Be Interested
Other tea party leaders with tax problems include:

Michael Patrick Leahy, a management consultant who organized the National Tea Party Coalition, had $150,000 worth of IRS tax liens and court judgments to his name.

Judson Phillips, the founder of the (for-profit) Tea Party Nation filed for bankruptcy in 1999, and had $22,000 in federal tax liens in his past. After Tea Party Nation planned a July 2010 tea party convention in Las Vegas and then canceled due to lack of interest, the organization stiffed the Venetian Hotel for more than 1,500 rooms it had reserved. That resulted in a judge ordering the organization to repay the hotel nearly $750,000.

And then there was tea partier Christine O'Donnell, the Senate candidate from Delaware whose IRS tax lien for nearly $12,000 came to light during her 2010 campaign.
:clap2:

would you have enough gall to file for the status given their former track records & then complain when there is a delay? :dunno:

Can liberals get any more dishonest? I wonder if we have come to the point where they cannot take a stand for decency and honor because they have simply forgotten what those words mean. And don't care in any case.
And if that is correct, that libs are impervious to things like honor and the good of the country, then why do we allow them to continue living? I for one would go to jail rather than see a pro gay lobbying group illegally shut down. As much as I disagree with whatever agenda they have, I respect their right to pursue it. But I get the feeling the left doesn't feel the same way. For them it is "screw my enemies, everything else is secondary." Can you even argue with such people? Should you?

Liberals have perfected the operating principle that the ends justify the means. Obama won his very first election by having other candidates removed from the ballot. He won his first Presidential election partly by lying about how he intended to be funded and then backing out (of public funding). He won his second Presidential election by suppressing the opposition by using the IRS to obstruct their efforts. He won. That's all that counts. Neither he nor any of his cronies has any remorse whatsoever regarding their underhanded, dishonest approach to winning elections.

Last edited:

Actually, it IS. The statute, as written, says that 501(c)(4)s activities must be exclusively for social welfare purposes. It was only a later regulatory change over 50 years ago that stated that the primary purpose must be for social welfare. But the law was never changed to reflect the regulatory change.

What you've just written is little more than additional nonsense meant to little more than muddy the waters.

Everyone is entitled to gab their heads off to their hearts' content...completely free of charge. They're not entitled to collect income tax free. They're taxed based on the income their organizations collect. And that income, by the way, isn't just spent on candidate advocacy advertising (or anti-candidate attack ads, for that matter). It's paid out in salaries to people who work for the corporation. And with a 501(c)(4) organization, those contributors can remain secret. SO, when an organization collects secret donations from unknown sources, and that organization engages in partisan politics, how do we know that the contributors involved in our electoral politics are even citizens of this country? The answer is we don't know.
You clearly are confused about the entire issue.

Can you define what a 501(c)4 organization is, and the reporting requirements for any donations? In addition, can you define what free speech is, and the role of assembly and how they apply to Organizations?

Every organization and entity, including people, are entitled to work to earn income. How they use that income is germane to the entire issue.

Additionally, donations to organizations such as these (ON BOTH SIDES OF THE AISLE) must remain private. Otherwise, they'll have to answer more questions on their IRS forms.

Or don't you understand the entire concept of retaliatory abuse of government power for 'donating' to the wrong groups?

Declaring that you wish to tax all 501(c)4 organizations is nothing more than a desire to monetize speech.

BTW...the only organization here that is NOT entitled to an income is the government.

these people prolly were given preferential treatment judging by some of the info on them to come to light:

Michael Patrick Leahy, a management consultant who organized the National Tea Party Coalition, had $150,000 worth of IRS tax liens and court judgments to his name.

Judson Phillips, the founder of the (for-profit) Tea Party Nation filed for bankruptcy in 1999, and had $22,000 in federal tax liens in his past. After Tea Party Nation planned a July 2010 tea party convention in Las Vegas and then canceled due to lack of interest, the organization stiffed the Venetian Hotel for more than 1,500 rooms it had reserved. That resulted in a judge ordering the organization to repay the hotel nearly $750,000.

And then there was tea partier Christine O'Donnell, the Senate candidate from Delaware whose IRS tax lien for nearly $12,000 came to light during her 2010 campaign.

would you have enough gall to file for the status given their former track records & then complain when there is a delay? :dunno:

That all sounds like confidential information that it is illegal for the IRS to disclose, so how did your source obtain it?

All you're proving is that the IRS cannot be trusted to follow the law or the Constitution.

The IRS should be abolished along with Obamacare.

having one's application to set-up a social education group ($ machine) delayed because they've been deemed tax dodgers in the past is not in the least surprising to this taxpayer.

Most of these groups had their application delayed solely because they had "tea party" or something else offensive to liberal turds like you in their names. The fact that one or two had tax issues is hardly surprising. Thousands of government employees have unpaid taxes. Your complaint is a sad and pathetic attempt at deflection, and nothing more.

I would bet dollars to donuts that some of the conservative 501(c)(4) organizations lied in order to get a tax exempt status.

ROFL! And I would bet my next paycheck that millions of left-wingers cheat on their taxes, and also that liberal 501 c groups lied on their applications.

I hope the IRS comes a knocking on Mother Jones door next..

with some the garbage they post, AREN'T they asking for it? where is their list of all the DEMOCRATS and their TAX PROBLEMS?

what a piece of shit Mothers Jones is... releasing PERSONAL information about people( some from 1999) and saying they DESERVED it..

The question that should be asked is "how did they get this information?" Isn't it supposed to be confidential? It appears that the OP is proof that the IRS and Mother Jones broke the law.

someone's 1/2 Million $ in the hole because they tried to cheat the US Gov't out of rightfully due revenue so they come up w/ an idea to set-up a 501 (c) (4) to fleece rw morans so they can pay-off that rightfully owed debt

Actually, Tea Party Groups Gave the IRS Lots of Good Reasons to Be Interested | Mother Jones
Some conservative leaders came to the tea party with significant tax or financial problems of their own. Another TPP founder is Jenny Beth Martin, a Georgia-based political activist. When she started TPP in 2009, her husband Lee Martin had a half-million dollars in federal tax liens against him; he went on to serve as the group's "assistant secretary" in 2010 and 2011 and was intimately involved with the group's financial management.
You people don't see anything wrong w/ that?

Why didn't they do the conservative thing and bootstrap it/get a 4th job to pay-off that tax-debt they owe? :dunno:

Bush Quotations - The 10 Dumbest Things Bush Ever Said
"You work three jobs? ... Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." --to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005

So if anyone in the employ of Media Matters or Think Progress has a tax issue, then the IRS should revoke its tax-exempt status? Is that really what you're trying to say?

All you are proving is that liberal stupidity and swinishness has no natural limit.

When are you going to start complaining about the tax exempt status of Media Matters or Think Progress? Just admit that this is a diversion.

When you start complaining about the tax-exempt status of Media Matters and Think Progress, then people might start paying attention. However, we all know that you're full of shit and only care about conservative groups getting tax exempt status.

You clearly are confused about the entire issue.

Can you define what a 501(c)4 organization is, and the reporting requirements for any donations? In addition, can you define what free speech is, and the role of assembly and how they apply to Organizations?

Every organization and entity, including people, are entitled to work to earn income. How they use that income is germane to the entire issue.

Additionally, donations to organizations such as these (ON BOTH SIDES OF THE AISLE) must remain private. Otherwise, they'll have to answer more questions on their IRS forms.

Or don't you understand the entire concept of retaliatory abuse of government power for 'donating' to the wrong groups?

Declaring that you wish to tax all 501(c)4 organizations is nothing more than a desire to monetize speech.

BTW...the only organization here that is NOT entitled to an income is the government.

Take your head out of the vise. If an organization is involved in partisan politics, they're not entitled to tax exempt 501(c)(4) status.

Actually, it IS. The statute, as written, says that 501(c)(4)s activities must be exclusively for social welfare purposes. It was only a later regulatory change over 50 years ago that stated that the primary purpose must be for social welfare. But the law was never changed to reflect the regulatory change.

The IRS interprets that to mean they are not directly funding any specific candidate or funding ads that endorse a specific candidate. Other than that, all bets are off. The meaning of "social welfare" is entirely subjective. Does anyone actually believe that Media Matters is engaged in "social welfare?"

the law needs to be clarified so that the irs doesn't have to spend countless hours checking-up on the status of these carnival barkers.

When you start complaining about the tax-exempt status of Media Matters and Think Progress, then people might start paying attention. However, we all know that you're full of shit and only care about conservative groups getting tax exempt status.

Media Matters is a 501 (c)(3).

And did you not read what I previously posted? I don't care which side of the aisle an organization is one. If they're involved in partisan politics when it comes to candidate advocacy and are engaged in pro-candidate or anti-candidate activities, they should not be permitted a classification as a tax exempt organization under the (c)(4) provisions of the tax code. I can't be any more clear than that.

I would be willing to bet that some of the liberal 501(c)(4) organizations lied in order to get tax exempt status. I wonder if it took them over three years to get approved.

the law needs to be clarified so that the irs doesn't have to spend countless hours checking-up on the status of these carnival barkers.

The law is already clear enough to know that selecting groups for special measures because they have "tea party" in their name is purely illegal.

when someone has been found to be a tax-cheat in the past and still owes back-taxes, yes, I'm going to say "why in the fuck are they trying to set-up a *cough* social education group? What makes them think they're smarter now and MOREOVER who's money are they going to steal for private use?

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/05/irs-tea-party-tax-problems
FEC filings show that a "leadership fund" set up by the group raised almost $1.2 million in 2012, and gave only $52,000 to candidates for federal office.

what % of $1.2 Million is $52K?

So how do you explain all the other people, and why weren't liberals that did not pay their past taxes get approved at a much faster time period?

Media Matters is a 501 (c)(3).

And did you not read what I previously posted? I don't care which side of the aisle an organization is one. If they're involved in partisan politics when it comes to candidate advocacy and are engaged in pro-candidate or anti-candidate activities, they should not be permitted a classification as a tax exempt organization under the (c)(4) provisions of the tax code. I can't be any more clear than that.

Do you or the IRS have a shred of evidence that any of these groups were engaged in "pro-candidate or anti-candidate activities?"

Don't bother answering. It's purely a rhetorical question. We already know you have no such evidence. Therefore your entire rant is a diversion.

Forum List

Back