some of the conservative *cough* "501 (c) (4)" groups

Once again, we see that dems are willing to lower themselves to any level to smear conservatives.

you're missing the point as usual dot com. in your lame attempts to defend this atrocious action by the IRS you have lost sight of reality.

the fact is, the IRS apologized, i think two people have "resigned" so far, obama said this was outrageous and americans have the right to be angry.

the point isn't whether a few groups were bad, the point is that they were unfairly targeted based on their political leanings. no one is claiming that every group was within the law. that is where your strawman comes burning down in flames.

better luck next time.

these people prolly were given preferential treatment judging by some of the info on them to come to light:

Actually, Tea Party Groups Gave the IRS Lots of Good Reasons to Be Interested
Other tea party leaders with tax problems include:

Michael Patrick Leahy, a management consultant who organized the National Tea Party Coalition, had $150,000 worth of IRS tax liens and court judgments to his name.

Judson Phillips, the founder of the (for-profit) Tea Party Nation filed for bankruptcy in 1999, and had $22,000 in federal tax liens in his past. After Tea Party Nation planned a July 2010 tea party convention in Las Vegas and then canceled due to lack of interest, the organization stiffed the Venetian Hotel for more than 1,500 rooms it had reserved. That resulted in a judge ordering the organization to repay the hotel nearly $750,000.

And then there was tea partier Christine O'Donnell, the Senate candidate from Delaware whose IRS tax lien for nearly $12,000 came to light during her 2010 campaign.
:clap2:

would you have enough gall to file for the status given their former track records & then complain when there is a delay? :dunno:

actually the fact that you are using this information as a way to suppress voting conservative is precisely the problem.

these people prolly were given preferential treatment judging by some of the info on them to come to light:

Other tea party leaders with tax problems include:

Michael Patrick Leahy, a management consultant who organized the National Tea Party Coalition, had $150,000 worth of IRS tax liens and court judgments to his name.

Judson Phillips, the founder of the (for-profit) Tea Party Nation filed for bankruptcy in 1999, and had $22,000 in federal tax liens in his past. After Tea Party Nation planned a July 2010 tea party convention in Las Vegas and then canceled due to lack of interest, the organization stiffed the Venetian Hotel for more than 1,500 rooms it had reserved. That resulted in a judge ordering the organization to repay the hotel nearly $750,000.

And then there was tea partier Christine O'Donnell, the Senate candidate from Delaware whose IRS tax lien for nearly $12,000 came to light during her 2010 campaign.

would you have enough gall to file for the status given their former track records & then complain when there is a delay? :dunno:

Yet another attempt to try and save the president's reputation and distract everyone from the fact he is the most corrupt and failed president in American history.

when someone has been found to be a tax-cheat in the past and still owes back-taxes, yes, I'm going to say "why in the fuck are they trying to set-up a *cough* social education group? What makes them think they're smarter now and MOREOVER who's money are they going to steal for private use?

Actually, Tea Party Groups Gave the IRS Lots of Good Reasons to Be Interested | Mother Jones
FEC filings show that a "leadership fund" set up by the group raised almost $1.2 million in 2012, and gave only $52,000 to candidates for federal office.

what % of $1.2 Million is $52K?

And you have some proof that the majority of the hundreds of organizations targeted were tax cheats in the past where?

That’s what I thought. Stop lying; it makes you look like an idiot.

having one's application to set-up a social education group ($ machine) delayed because they've been deemed tax dodgers in the past is not in the least surprising to this taxpayer.

I notice how you conveniently ignore the fact that the IRS then sent the info to a liberal group......... which is a FELONY you twit!

when someone has been found to be a tax-cheat in the past and still owes back-taxes, yes, I'm going to say "why in the fuck are they trying to set-up a *cough* social education group? What makes them think they're smarter now and MOREOVER who's money are they going to steal for private use?

Actually, Tea Party Groups Gave the IRS Lots of Good Reasons to Be Interested | Mother Jones
FEC filings show that a "leadership fund" set up by the group raised almost $1.2 million in 2012, and gave only $52,000 to candidates for federal office.

what % of $1.2 Million is $52K?

And you have some proof that the majority of the hundreds of organizations targeted were tax cheats in the past where?

That’s what I thought. Stop lying; it makes you look like an idiot.

Look like? Puulease, he's a card carrying founder.....

[

Can liberals get any more dishonest? I wonder if we have come to the point where they cannot take a stand for decency and honor because they have simply forgotten what those words mean. And don't care in any case.
And if that is correct, that libs are impervious to things like honor and the good of the country, then why do we allow them to continue living? I for one would go to jail rather than see a pro gay lobbying group illegally shut down. As much as I disagree with whatever agenda they have, I respect their right to pursue it. But I get the feeling the left doesn't feel the same way. For them it is "screw my enemies, everything else is secondary." Can you even argue with such people? Should you?

Well, not if you are going to be dishonest about what is being discussed here.

No one was talking about "shutting these groups down". They were saying, Gee, if you are going to do politics, you don't get the same tax exemptions that a charity gets.

Which is what a lot of these groups were asking for, even though they didn't really qualify.

The owner of the Dem Party, George Soros is proud of collaborating with the Nazis

True Story

We can fix all this crap by getting rid of tax exempt status.

Charities, churches, etc should pay taxes like any other business.

They probably thought they'd be in good company seeing as how Timothy Geithner was a known tax cheat, yet was appointed by Obama to be the Secretary of the Treasury from 2009 to 2013. Talk about preferential treatment.

[

Can liberals get any more dishonest? I wonder if we have come to the point where they cannot take a stand for decency and honor because they have simply forgotten what those words mean. And don't care in any case.
And if that is correct, that libs are impervious to things like honor and the good of the country, then why do we allow them to continue living? I for one would go to jail rather than see a pro gay lobbying group illegally shut down. As much as I disagree with whatever agenda they have, I respect their right to pursue it. But I get the feeling the left doesn't feel the same way. For them it is "screw my enemies, everything else is secondary." Can you even argue with such people? Should you?

Well, not if you are going to be dishonest about what is being discussed here.

No one was talking about "shutting these groups down". They were saying, Gee, if you are going to do politics, you don't get the same tax exemptions that a charity gets.

Which is what a lot of these groups were asking for, even though they didn't really qualify.
even one of their attorneys said they were just making it up as they went along:
Dan Backer, the group's lawyer, says he is now considering suing the IRS for targeting his clients. Yet, Backer also describes the group's founders as neophytes, and he acknowledges that some tea party groups may have run in to trouble trying to properly manage grassroots organizing around politics. "These are folks who are not lawyers, they're not part of the political establishment," he says. "In fact they deeply reject the political establishment, so they're trying to navigate a system designed by the establishment."
I hope the IRS comes a knocking on Mother Jones door next..

with some the garbage they post, AREN'T they asking for it?

They would be if they were applying for a 501c-4 tax deferment.

Mother Jones is a for-profit corporation.

I know dear, I was being sarcastic at this garbage that was written by them..

:eusa_liar: EVERYONE here knows your "abilities" Stephie :eusa_hand:

Last edited:

I would bet dollars to donuts that some of the conservative 501(c)(4) organizations lied in order to get a tax exempt status.

Or, I bet since you know this scandal to be concrete and far reaching, that you will deflect away from that fact. That my friend is a non sequitur. You liberals are good at those. The fact is, the IRS kept the American people in the dark for the better part of two years. Who the hell cares?

Or as the Hillary would put it

"At this point, what difference does it make?!"

I don't care whether the groups in question are liberal or conservative. It makes no difference to me. I just do NOT want groups which are involved in partisan politics to be granted tax-exempt status, PERIOD. And if groups are later discovered to be involved in partisan politics, their tax exemption should be revoked and their tax liability should be reassessed based on the new information.

I would bet dollars to donuts that some of the conservative 501(c)(4) organizations lied in order to get a tax exempt status.

Or, I bet since you know this scandal to be concrete and far reaching, that you will deflect away from that fact. That my friend is a non sequitur. You liberals are good at those. The fact is, the IRS kept the American people in the dark for the better part of two years. Who the hell cares?

Or as the Hillary would put it

"At this point, what difference does it make?!"

I don't care whether the groups in question are liberal or conservative. It makes no difference to me. I just do NOT want groups which are involved in partisan politics to be granted tax-exempt status, PERIOD. And if groups are later discovered to be involved in partisan politics, their tax exemption should be revoked and their tax liability should be reassessed based on the new information.
It is good to know that you are 100% in favor of taxing speech.

I guess we can stop saying freedom of speech. It should all be taxed.

Forum List

Back