Someone please explain the "science" behind blaming every hurricane, tornado and forest fire on...

And apparently none of it can answer the simple questions I am asking.
You have no point or you would take it up with the scientists as opposed to your chat board outreach efforts.
They aren’t here. You are.

Would you like to ask me some questions regarding associated heat due to greenhouse effect?
Ah, so you cannot refute their work and you'd rather go at a layman on a chat board, such as yourself? That's probably how this entire climate change thing got to where it is now.
You actually don’t know what I can and cannot do.

I’m still trying to figure out your background in science. I don’t believe you have one.

I do.

Are you ready to discuss the science?
You actually don’t know what I can and cannot do or what my background is. And really now, you and I could both have backgrounds in science and still be fulla shit. You're being really petty and silly, "science " is a bit broad. If I wish to see a scientific discussion, I can go to the primary literature. I take that over you, even with your "background".
Except I know for a fact that CO2 has never driven climate change. It reinforces climate change.

This is why no one can provide an example from the past of CO2 driving climate change. Because it never ever has.

Now if you are ready to concede this point I will move to my next point.

I've always found golf to be a stupid game for folks who would like to see themselves as aristocratic gentlemen of leisure and affluence.
Good for you.

Do you have a background in science?

Yes thank you, do the scientists you disagree with?
What’s your background in science?
You can go first pal. What is the background in science of the scientists you disagree with?
They aren’t here. You are here and I am here.

I have a degree in engineering.

What are your qualifications?
BS; biology, chemistry minor, exercise physiology minor, Masters; cellular molecular biology w/ a complimentary area in biochemistry, 28 years in research - Cyctic Fibrosis Foundation Research Centers (2 of them), big pharma, Vanderbilt, and a CRO.

You have no point or you would take it up with the scientists as opposed to your chat board outreach efforts.

Would you like to ask me some questions regarding associated heat due to greenhouse effect?
Ah, so you cannot refute their work and you'd rather go at a layman on a chat board, such as yourself? That's probably how this entire climate change thing got to where it is now.

I’m still trying to figure out your background in science. I don’t believe you have one.

I do.

You actually don’t know what I can and cannot do or what my background is. And really now, you and I could both have backgrounds in science and still be fulla shit. You're being really petty and silly, "science " is a bit broad. If I wish to see a scientific discussion, I can go to the primary literature. I take that over you, even with your "background".
Except I know for a fact that CO2 has never driven climate change. It reinforces climate change.

This is why no one can provide an example from the past of CO2 driving climate change. Because it never ever has.

I accept that you think you know things. I accept you claim to have some type of engineering degree.

Good for you.

Do you have a background in science?

You can go first pal. What is the background in science of the scientists you disagree with?

BS; biology, chemistry minor, exercise physiology minor, Masters; cellular molecular biology w/ a complimentary area in biochemistry, 28 years in research - Cyctic Fibrosis Foundation Research Centers (2 of them), big pharma, Vanderbilt, and a CRO.
Thank you.

Ok, so why don’t you think it is important to analyze past climates?

I do.

I accept that you think you know things.
Are you aware of the glacial and interglacial cycles of the past 400,000 years?

BS; biology, chemistry minor, exercise physiology minor, Masters; cellular molecular biology w/ a complimentary area in biochemistry, 28 years in research - Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Research Centers (2 of them), big pharma, Vanderbilt, and a CRO.
Thank you.

I don't do this pard, go find someone else to assign views to so you can "debate" what you've assigned. I can better use this time to go read another primary research journal paper.

I do.

I accept that you think you know things.
Are you aware of the glacial and interglacial cycles of the past 400,000 years?
Have a nice day.

BS; biology, chemistry minor, exercise physiology minor, Masters; cellular molecular biology w/ a complimentary area in biochemistry, 28 years in research - Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Research Centers (2 of them), big pharma, Vanderbilt, and a CRO.
Thank you.

I don't do this pard, go find someone else to assign views to so you can "debate" what you've assigned. I can better use this time to go read another primary research journal paper.
Maybe you should be asking them these questions.

Why does extensive glaciation occur at the poles at different CO2 concentrations?

At what concentration does northern hemisphere glaciation occur?

What caused the first glacial cycle?

What was the atmospheric CO2 concentration before the first glacial cycle?

Why did the first glacial cycle end?

Why have we cycled between glacial and interglacial cycles for the past 400,000 years?

Why were there no bipolar glaciation prior to the glacial cycles?

Is our current climate normal?

When did our climate change from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet?

Pretty simple questions.

White knighting for the OP? Ok, name those NPR people who are blaming every hurricane, tornado, and fire on global warming. Give us some names....and the link to when they did so.
I didn’t know there would be a test. Wtf?

Do you log everything you listen to?

I listen to NPR sometimes and their bias is pretty darn obvious to me.
Well, if it's so obvious, won't be so hard to give us some names...and links, would it?
Wait a minute. So you are arguing global warming isn’t leading to more severe weather?
No, I am asking who those people are that the OP claimed are blaming every hurricane, tornado, and forest fire on global warming. As far as I've seen, I've not had anyone give us even one name yet.
It’s actually a point they make in their websites.

I think it’s total bullshit.
Who is "they"? And what are these websites you speak of?

Well, if it's so obvious, won't be so hard to give us some names...and links, would it?
Wait a minute. So you are arguing global warming isn’t leading to more severe weather?
No, I am asking who those people are that the OP claimed are blaming every hurricane, tornado, and forest fire on global warming. As far as I've seen, I've not had anyone give us even one name yet.

The global warming gestapo.

Just go to any of their websites and you will see them use extreme weather events as proof of global warming.

Now would you like to have a real discussion on climate change. Because any discussion on climate change needs to start with an understanding of where we are at with our present climate and how we got here.

Then and only then can an intelligent discussion on future climate change be had.

The global warming gestapo.

Just go to any of their websites and you will see them use extreme weather events as proof of global warming.
What are the names of this global warming gestapo you are talking about? And link some of those websites for us.

Someone please explain the "science" behind blaming every hurricane, tornado and forest fire on...

partisan politics

~S~

Forum List

Back