Something’s Poisoning America’s Land. Farmers Fear ‘Forever’ Chemicals.

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
For decades, farmers across America have been encouraged by the federal government to spread municipal sewage on millions of acres of farmland as fertilizer. It was rich in nutrients, and it helped keep the sludge out of landfills.

But a growing body of research shows that this black sludge, made from the sewage that flows from homes and factories, can contain heavy concentrations of chemicals thought to increase the risk of certain types of cancer and to cause birth defects and developmental delays in children.

Known as “forever chemicals” because of their longevity, these toxic contaminants are now being detected, sometimes at high levels, on farmland across the country, including in Texas, Maine, Michigan, New York and Tennessee. In some cases the chemicals are suspected of sickening or killing livestock and are turning up in produce. Farmers are beginning to fear for their own health.

Tell me again how government is not retarded. :banghead:

Municipal Sewage, it's got what plants crave.

Dairy/pig farms have shit ponds, around here they use it as fertilizer for fields.

Why use raw sewage from homes? It's full of all kinds of crap vs the cow/pig poop.

It's insane they would use that for farms.

For decades, farmers across America have been encouraged by the federal government to spread municipal sewage on millions of acres of farmland as fertilizer. It was rich in nutrients, and it helped keep the sludge out of landfills.

But a growing body of research shows that this black sludge, made from the sewage that flows from homes and factories, can contain heavy concentrations of chemicals thought to increase the risk of certain types of cancer and to cause birth defects and developmental delays in children.

Known as “forever chemicals” because of their longevity, these toxic contaminants are now being detected, sometimes at high levels, on farmland across the country, including in Texas, Maine, Michigan, New York and Tennessee. In some cases the chemicals are suspected of sickening or killing livestock and are turning up in produce. Farmers are beginning to fear for their own health.

Dairy/pig farms have shit ponds, around here they use it as fertilizer for fields.

Why use raw sewage from homes? It's full of all kinds of crap vs the cow/pig poop.

It thought fertilizer from sewage sludge was not used on cropland.

Perhaps you should take this up with your party. The GOP has constantly been opposed to any stricter environmental regulation when it comes to Pollutants. As a matter of fact you folks want less environmental oversight regarding big polluters. You know that evil EPA that you folks want to gut.

As far as these forever chemicals, you have to hand it to the GOP, they can’t get enough of them. You pollute the land with PFAs, the GOP will give the polluters immunity.

We know where the GOP stands on the environment. If it is corporate polluters vs. contamination, the GOP sides with the polluters.

Last edited:

Which party is against regulations of chemicals and pollution and such?

I forget, help a brother out here.

What?? Ive never heard this before. Now wait. They wanted to spred toxic sludge on our farmlands to protect the landfills?
Yet they are against drilling for oil n Anwar Alaska why now? Incase a pipe springs a leak and spills slugde on the ground? Retardation, government is thy name.

Which party is against regulations of chemicals and pollution and such?

I forget, help a brother out here.
Known as “forever chemicals” because of their longevity, these toxic contaminants are now being detected, sometimes at high levels, on farmland across the country, including in Texas, Maine, Michigan, New York and Tennessee.

Looks like the retardation is not confined to a single party....Truth be told I'm not surprised to hear about it in going on in TX and TN but NY/ME/MI sort of surprises me.

Known as “forever chemicals” because of their longevity, these toxic contaminants are now being detected, sometimes at high levels, on farmland across the country, including in Texas, Maine, Michigan, New York and Tennessee.

Looks like the retardation is not confined to a single party....Truth be told I'm not surprised to hear about it in going on in TX and TN but NY/ME/MI sort of surprises me.
The USDA apparently isn't killing us fast enough with their "food pyramid".

They should spread the sewerage sludge on the grassy medians of the highways. This would build up the soil and sequester lots of CO2 without polluting croplands.

Forum List

Back