Sometimes, I'm asked why I'm conservative...

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
... and they talk about compassion.

But real compassion comes not from what government can give you, but what you can, through your own efforts, give to yourself and your family.

I watch a lot of inspirational videos and I see the truth of My stance almost every day.

Athletes are being helped across a finish line in a grueling distance race, but if you notice, the people who help do so only when the physical limit of endurance is reached. Until then, to help them is to rob them of all the effort and mental toughness that they endured to achieve that one moment.

It isn't about winning. Its about surviving your own personal test.

So I watch things like this to remind Me of the enduring spirit of humanity and I will actually sit here and speak out when they fall.

"Don't help him. Don't touch him. Don't rob him of his dream."

But real compassion comes not from what government can give you, but what you can, through your own efforts, give to yourself and your family.

I watch a lot of inspirational videos and I see the truth of My stance almost every day.

Athletes are being helped across a finish line in a grueling distance race, but if you notice, the people who help do so only when the physical limit of endurance is reached. Until then, to help them is to rob them of all the effort and mental toughness that they endured to achieve that one moment.

So I watch things like this to remind Me of the enduring spirit of humanity and I will actually sit here and speak out when they fall.

:auiqs.jpg:

I think of the people who formed neighborhood groups for emergencies stating those not members will get no assistance from them.

I think of those who didn't join and how they needed the help of others.

I think of the nastiness and shitiness of Libertarians and followers of Rand's nutty Objectivism.

I think of the people who formed neighborhood groups for emergencies stating those not members will get no assistance from them.

I think of those who didn't join and how they needed the help of others.

I think of the nastiness and shitiness of Libertarians and followers of Rand's nutty Objectivism.
When we raise the right people with the right values, self-sufficiency becomes the norm, and we no longer have to rely upon the false compassion of the government looking out for us.

There is a difference between the values of helping a neighbor and demanding that we give all life to the government.

You missed the whole point.

When we raise the right people with the right values, self-sufficiency becomes the norm, and we no longer have to rely upon the false compassion of the government looking out for us.

There is a difference between the values of helping a neighbor and demanding that we give all life to the government.

You missed the whole point.
It's not government compassion.

No one is actually demanding or even asking we give all life to government.

The point is you are living with caricatures, stereotypes, et al.

Forum List

Back