Sometimes, it is necessary to break the rules...

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville
Student suspended after carrying classmate to nurse
KILLEEN, Texas — A Texas mother is defending her son who was suspended after helping a fellow student who was having an asthma attack.
Anthony Ruelas, 15, said his eighth grade classmate was wheezing and gagging for three minutes Tuesday morning while no one did anything. But when Anthony did do something, he apparently broke the rules.
“He may not follow instructions all the time, but he does have a great heart,” said Mandy Cortes, Anthony’s mother.

Student suspended after carrying classmate to nurse

While the teacher waited for a nurse to be notified and come to the classroom, Anthony said, "Fuck that!" when the girl fell to the floor gasping for air and carried her to the nurse. He didn't have permission to leave the class. He has been suspended from school.
I agree with Anthony. That teacher should have done that herself. Good for you, Anthony. Let Mom take you to the movies and ice cream on your day off from school!

The administrators were wrong in suspending the boy. He should be heralded as a hero.

Anthony's mother said he does get into some trouble. Just think of the change that could have come in Anthony when the teachers, administration and other students told him what a great kid he was! His self concept would have been sky high and what do you think his behavior and grades would have improved. A lost opportunity from administrators and the teacher. Shame on them.

Roosevelt quote.png

Holy shit they suspended the kid!!!!!?????? Where has common sense gone in our school system.

This kid deserves to be honored. He won't be. Clock Boy will get a White House invite for breaking the rules..but this kid here deserves one.

Holy shit they suspended the kid!!!!!?????? Where has common sense gone in our school system.

This kid deserves to be honored. He won't be. Clock Boy will get a White House invite for breaking the rules..but this kid here deserves one.

Liberals runs the schools. No common sense there.

Clock boy's intent was to stir the pot and gets rewarded. This kid tries to help someone and gets punished. Like I said, no Liberal common sense.

I wonder if Obama will invite this kid to the White House. Only if the kids isn't white and a Muslim will that happen.

To me, that boy shouldn't be punished at all period, but if he has to be anyways, I guess that being suspended is better than being kicked out permanently.

God bless you and him and the girl that he saved always!!!

Holly

I hope he learned the most important lesson in life: never help, never stop, never get involved. No good deed goes unpunished and it is NEVER worth the risk.

Liberals runs the schools. No common sense there.

Clock boy's intent was to stir the pot and gets rewarded. This kid tries to help someone and gets punished. Like I said, no Liberal common sense.

I wonder if Obama will invite this kid to the White House. Only if the kids isn't white and a Muslim will that happen.
Your one toilet restaurant way of thinking has me in anxiety....mode

The kid should be honor for the heroic moment, and the Teacher and Admin. should be ashamed of punishing the kid.

If they thought he did something wrong then take him from class and have a sit down with him in a calm conversation, and discuss the right way to handle the moment, but do not suspend the kid.

Hope the kid remembers that some people are just assholes about rules and do not care if sometimes you have to do what is needed to be done no matter what the rules state!

The article doesn't say what the suspension was for.

It also says that the school permitted the kid to return to classes before the suspension was to have been lifted.

It seems to me...after reading the article...that there was a misunderstanding of some kind. The school called to find out where he was when he didn't show up the day of his suspension.

Finally.....as is often the case with these local school outrage stories.....there is no mention of any political affiliation of the teachers or administrators in question. The nutbags here who immediately go into attack mode on liberal educators are doing so out there asses.

One of my sons has asthma. Got a call he was throwing up. Turned out he couldn't breathe. Told the teacher before throwing up he couldn't breathe. She ignored him. Pissed me off.

The girls mother should be seeking legal advice against the school. Luckily the girl is ok. Schools rules for protocol are bordering on the ridiculous.

My own personal experience while not life threatening as in the above case...my son was suspended for damaging school property. HOW? Because his pen exploded spraying ink everywhere & caused the janitor to have to clean it up. Good grief. When I picked him up, the teacher even admitted it was by NO fault of his own & purely accidental, but he was still suspended

We are getting as bad as England where injured children are routinely left injured rather than break a rule.

I hope he learned the most important lesson in life: never help, never stop, never get involved. No good deed goes unpunished and it is NEVER worth the risk.

You really believe that?

I'm sure he's being facetious...but, there's a reason the phrase "No good deed goes unpunished" has become idiomatic.

Granted, but thankfully there are still plenty of us rule breakers out there willing to be punished for doing 'the right thing'

Forum List

Back